Victims of a Campaign- The Other Footy Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by GunneRy, Mar 25, 2015.

1. crazy150

crazy150 Member+

Aug 27, 2006
    North Cuba
    I guess I missed it. What is the source of the documents where he admitted it or made those comments?

2. Tonerl

Tonerl Member+

Arsenal
    May 10, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah but none of them have their investigations re-opened 9 years later for no reason.

3. crazy150

crazy150 Member+

Aug 27, 2006
    North Cuba
    ‘‘Twas a joke.

4. crazy150

crazy150 Member+

Aug 27, 2006
    North Cuba
    Our Gabriel and Coq are starting for Valencia at OT. If they are instrumental in getting Jose fired it will have all been worth it.

maskito repped this.
  5. crazy150

crazy150 Member+

Aug 27, 2006
    North Cuba
    Jesus, TNT just started the halftime show during the 40th minute of the United game. What a bunch of tools.

6. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'm of two minds about this. On one hand, I want United's misery to continue. On the other, I want them to hire Pochettino before the Toilet opens.

crazy150 repped this.
  7. maskito

maskito Member+

Arsenal
    Jan 14, 2006
    Nashville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seeing Ajax deservedly draw 1-1 to Bayern in Munich today brings me a lot of joy. (After Arsenal, they're the European team I've followed the longest) Would love to Ajax have a nice run and advance.

thebigman repped this.
  8. bandwagongooner

bandwagongooner Member+

Dec 9, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mourinho to Spurs would work as he's a piece of shit

danielh, AEAAFC96 and ArsenalJake repped this.
  9. AEAAFC96

AEAAFC96 Member+

Mar 27, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone at The Football Ramble podcast nailed Mourinho's management style correctly vis-a-vis the club.

When he's bigger than the club, they'll listen to him (1st Chelsea stint, Liera, Porto, Inter. Yes a big club but compared to the success of Milan and Juventus they were not acting like it).

When the club's bigger than him, he struggles badly (Benfica, Real, 2nd Chelsea stint, Man U).

bandwagongooner and maskito repped this.
  10. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Dislike that all the good games are on at 3, when I have back to back conf calls.

11. footykid

footykid Member+

Jan 10, 2005
    Mississauga, Ont
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I live outside Wembley Stadium, watching these scum fans walk up to watch Spurs take on Barca is the most vomit inducing experience of my 30 years of life.

12. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    This reminds me of a conversation on this thread from a year ago when I was very suspicious of their ability to have good coverage of the CL. And now, of course, I'm locked out because my "free preview" is over even though I've paid for the package.
    Plus the app constantly refreshes for no reason and periodically starts running ads. Cool.

13. crazy150

crazy150 Member+

Aug 27, 2006
    North Cuba
    Liverpool and spurs in a bit of a battle with their groups. Another slip and they’ll be joining us in the Europa league.

Happy to see them both lose, but really happy to spurs run themselves ragged chasing messi around the pitch. That team is poop without ericson and total shit without him and Kane.

14. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Messi was ridiculous yesterday. My 9-year-old (dad brag on the way) who is becoming quite a decent player, likes both Messi and Ronaldo and has asked me in the past why I think Messi is the better all around player. Yesterday would be Exhibit 1 in my case on that argument.

AEAAFC96 repped this.
  15. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Also he doesn't tuck his shorts into his undies to show off his thighs

Quentin repped this.
  16. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eh, that doesn't really bother me. If I was as chiseled as him, I'd walk around half-naked all the time too. :D

17. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    He does it before he takes free kicks when he knows the camera is on him! :ROFLMAO:

No EPO and cutting agents at your gym? :p

18. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Possibly as part of the premium membership package. But I'm too cheap.

19. crazy150

crazy150 Member+

Aug 27, 2006
    North Cuba
    What are you talking about, Messi was poor yesterday—took him three tries to get that same shot to go in

JK, it was an amazing performance really from minute one. So much quality in that team it’s actually embarrassing that we (English press) hype up teams like Liverpool and spurs as even near that level.

The way the whole spurs back 8 would just freeze when messi got the ball was crazy. He is literally like a snake charmer with the ball to feet. I can just hear my old coach yelling “force him right, force him right” and some how he is always able to go left.

20. AEAAFC96

AEAAFC96 Member+

Mar 27, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Simple response to Messi's performance: "No words'.

21. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you talking Messi v spurs or Ronaldo rape

22. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely versus Spurz.

23. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol

24. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where would Inter fit into this hypothesis? It's arguably a pretty big club.

Also, how can one club, i.e. Chelsea, be used as an example of being bigger than him, then smaller than him?

Seems like a bit of a dodgy theory.

25. AEAAFC96

AEAAFC96 Member+

Mar 27, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When I mentioned his first stint at Chelsea: we have to remember their history before Roman bought the club. Yes they won the odd trophy here and there but they were never a team with the resources to consistently challenge for the league title every year. They'd last won the league title in 1955 IIRC? Before Mourinho, they'd been 2nd how many times (other than Ranieri's stint)?

With Inter I get your point that they are a big club in Italy...but they was a chasm between them an AC for many years. I'm tempted to say the dichotomy was more like Man United v. Liverpool during SAF's run. Yes Inter are a big club but they were over-shadowed by the exploits of Milan for many years, even when they had R9 as their top man. Even when Mancini won three straight Scudetto, one could argue that they were feasting because Juventus had been relegated and the other clubs that could contend had their own problems. In Europe they were exposed and never went beyond the QFs of the CL until Jose stepped in.

Your assessment may be way better than mine, I'll defer to your wisdom if you think my choice of Milan as one with a "small club mentality" was off the ball.