Ventura's Italia

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Stamos, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I seriously doubt that's the truth. I will never believed Inter Merda owned/based sources. Not saying he'll immediately use every young talent, but it'll be a lot earlier than normal given a relatively easy qualifying group.

2. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    As for Gabbiadini, I feel like he's actually the perfect striker at the moment while Belotti develops and guys like Kean and Scammaca get older and ready for first team football. Monster left foot, good pace, that foot gives him great finishing as well. Figuring that in a 4-3-3, Insigne on his left and one of Berardi or Bernardeschi on his right would be huge especially since they can supply him with so many chances and create chances for themselves as well.

3. krado33

krado33 Member+

May 23, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I have no idea of how Ventura likes to play tbh, and right now, isn't the time for him to diverge from the previous coach.

My guess though is that it'll be more like Allegri's Juve rather than Conte's.

4. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    He's more Sarri than Conte. Watch his Bari and Torino teams.

5. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He has managed so many teams we have a nice variety :)

6. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Is there the need to play the 3-5-2? It made sense with Pirlo to protect him in his role. It made sense to utilize all three of Barzagli, Bonucci and Chiellini. Now, those two reasons are not necessary. Allow Barzagli to retire. Do not make the same mistake in bringing Pirlo and then getting rid of him after the qualifiers. Perhaps it is time to go with a 4-back system. It is not as if Conte built anything these past two years. He was only looking for results.

7. krado33

krado33 Member+

May 23, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Given the available players, it'll probably depend on what Juve does. If Juve stays with 3, Ventura will stay as it makes things simpler.

8. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Allegri has made changes here and there. But he has stuck to the 3 because of the Big 3. I think Ventura needs to move on and not rely on Barzagli. Conte did the same with Pirlo the first year. Darmian and De Sciglio have shown they can play as fullbacks. It also depends on what he wants to do with the front 6.

GIGI RIVA repped this.
  9. GIGI RIVA

GIGI RIVA Member

Fiorentina
    Canada
    Aug 24, 2009
    Guelph Ontario
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Italy has some good talent right now, And Venturi has some decent options. Hopefully we see the likes Bonaventura, Berardi, and Romignoli. come through the ranks. I am very interested to see what happens to Berardi whether he will stay at Sassualo, or go someware bigger. If he stays ay Sassualo for another year he will get tons of playing time. I f he goes to a Juve he may sit on the bench and not get any playing time I think he will stay put for at least 1 more year. Gabbiadini could be the next Rossi I think we will see, and Bernadeschi will continue to perform well at Fiorentina. and Sturaro I hope will get some more playing time at Juve. maybe we may get to see another Romeo Bennetti. or a Gattuso in the making. August 21 cannot come soon enough.

10. GIGI RIVA

GIGI RIVA Member

Fiorentina
    Canada
    Aug 24, 2009
    Guelph Ontario
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Hopefully De Sciglio will leave that Clown show called A.C. Milan, unless things change for the better overnight, and goes to Barcelona if the rumours are true.

11. GIGI RIVA

GIGI RIVA Member

Fiorentina
    Canada
    Aug 24, 2009
    Guelph Ontario
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Barzagli is 35 I believe so I think we have seen the last of him in a Azzurri jersey, and believe me he was superlative in the Euro's. Look for Rugani, Romagnoli as replacements in the near future.

12. GIGI RIVA

GIGI RIVA Member

Fiorentina
    Canada
    Aug 24, 2009
    Guelph Ontario
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Italy has never really produced that flashy player Baggio, Del Piero, Totti, and Riva aside. like Holland or Argentina does. But what Italy has done very quietly, is produce 2 way players . No other country maybe Germany can do this, Solid both offense and defence. You can put a Italian player any were on the field and he will not be lost most of the time. Which explains Italy's success over the years. True there have been lean years but other Soccer nations like France Germany Holland and more recently Brasil goe through this.

13. AlbertoAlbino

AlbertoAlbino Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Hong Kong
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    that being said man city would pay 60m for bonucci, and the bbc is over (with barzagli's retire and chiellini getting 33 in wc18). i like rugani-bonucci-romangnoli, it's sexy, but so far i can't see this green line up would win wc18. unless ventura would take them right now, otherwise the new players would not be integrated less than 1 year or half. look how conte brought pelle and eder in the early stage, we can really tell from ventura's first 3 or4 call up, then we know how it goes. hope ventura is not another donadoni (actually donadoni wasn't too bad if he/we had time)

GIGI RIVA repped this.
  14. GIGI RIVA

GIGI RIVA Member

Fiorentina
    Canada
    Aug 24, 2009
    Guelph Ontario
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I do agree about Donadoni he was not that bad. I THINK HE WAS NOT GIVEN A MORE TIME I THINK HE WOULD CHANGED THING AROUND DURING wc2010 qualifying but who knows what happened behind the scenes.

AlbertoAlbino repped this.
  15. AlbertoAlbino

AlbertoAlbino Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Hong Kong
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    oh, or would he end up like Cesare Maldini?

16. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    Pelle just signed with a Chinese club. Are his Azzurri days officially over now?

17. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yes.

18. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Hopefully Eder follows him out the door.

el napulitan repped this.
  19. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Donadoni is a better today than he was in 2008. I think it's possible we'll see him return to Italy in the future

Rosay repped this.
  20. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Good riddance. Hopefully Eder follows him.

21. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Immobile for president.

22. Saint Miccoli

Saint Miccoli Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Hopefully Ventura does good and Italy wins a lot.

el napulitan repped this.
  23. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    He was far too green, amazing that he got the job off the of a few good months at Livorno. But then Abete was totally ********in useless.

24. krado33

krado33 Member+

May 23, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It seems Candreva might go to Napoli and you could see a Insigne-Gabbiadini-Candreva frontline. That would almost force Ventura's hand going forward into having 3 up front, which is perfect considering our available talents.
    Then it would either be 4-3-3 or 3-4-3.

Rosay repped this.
  25. AlbertoAlbino

AlbertoAlbino Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Hong Kong
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    so now pelle confirms to go to china, and i think ventura would put immobile up front in the coming friendly