Ventura's Italia

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Stamos, Jul 2, 2016.

1. secretariat89

secretariat89 Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Portsmouth, NH
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #26 secretariat89, Jul 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
    Federico Dimarco...I bet this kid will start at RB for Empoli. I would also keep an eye on Mattia Vitale of Juventus who also had a great loan season last year at V. Lanciano and see where he ends up. Hopefully in A.

2. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Yes, him. I hope Dimarco plays CB.

3. secretariat89

secretariat89 Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Portsmouth, NH
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    lol..actually he plays left back which is one of position where we lack depth/players.

4. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Do you seem him having a higher ceiling than Masina?

5. secretariat89

secretariat89 Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Portsmouth, NH
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well, while both plays left back, but they're both different players. Masina can play the in a back three if push comes to shove, but Dimarco can't. Ceiling? well Masina made his debut at 20 in Serie B while Dimarco will debut at 18 in Serie A. Also keep an eye on Murru and Barreca on the left. Murru is most likely a guarantee starter at Cagliari and Barreca has a chance of starting because Mihajlovic is the coach. Also because Molinaro and Moretti are aging at LWB.

They're the same exact players to Darmian and De Sciglio on the right.

6. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Can't wait to see all the Italian youth next season due to the homegrown rule.

Rosay repped this.
  7. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC

Huge talent. Shame Roma let him go to PSV. Would have loved to see him in Serie A.

8. secretariat89

secretariat89 Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Portsmouth, NH
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    tell you the truth, the reason why there's gonna be a huge influx of Italian youths next year is not all because of the homegrown rule. actually there might be some teams paying fines of not adhering to the rule, especially the 4 players from that club's academy, even though that team may have more than 8 italians in their roster.

imho, the influx has to do with three things: 1) three italian heavy reliance club just came up from serie B 2) many of serie B best performers last year were youngsters 3) well, like I said before, Italy are in the midst of a deep, talented player pool born from 1990 onwards.

Rosay repped this.
  9. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Majority of the teams will still be adhering to the rule though. It's the same reason why Marotta said teams are scrambling to figure out which players to submit for their roster for the upcoming season. And yes, I agree. Huge talents for the next generation. Think Verratti, Mandragora, Sensi, Calabria, Kean and Scammaca have everything that it takes to lead a new Italian golden generation.

Opinion on Scammaca?

10. secretariat89

secretariat89 Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Portsmouth, NH
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I have a gut feeling this guy will be speacial. I got this feeling when I saw him cry when AC Milan lost in the Coppa Italia final. It's like any other fans who cries when their team lose a final. This is important because it shows that he cares.

Rosay repped this.
  11. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    He's a huge talent, coming from a Juve fan. Attacks like Dani Alves, but way more tenacious on D and decent at man marking. Good first pace, good dribbler and incredible pace and crossing.

You didn't answer my question!

12. secretariat89

secretariat89 Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Portsmouth, NH
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ouu sorry. I don't know if you have picked it up or not, but teams usually loan out their primavera players when they hit 19; for example this summer teams would try to loan out all of their primavera players born in 1997, preferably to Serie B or Serie C more likely. That's why Dimarco, Mandragora, Donnarumma, Pellegrini, Piu, Calabria, and Vitale are special because their come-about did not use that particular pattern.

Now, Gianluca Scamacca is in the best position he could be. He's in one of the best academy in the world and most importantly, he is in the dutch league which is a league known for their fearlessness on introducing players very early and not easily giving up if he doesn't pan out in his first seasons. He is probably be part of PSV's senior next year and slowly being integrated.

What do you think of Simone Muratore in your Juventus primavera?

13. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Understood.

Agreed on PSV, but I really want to see him in Italy. Such a talent would thrive in Italy and be a big boost to teams willing to incorporate him. Think Milan would be perfect for him.

Haven't seen much of him. Playstyle?

14. krado33

krado33 Member+

May 23, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    What are Rugani and Romagnolis skills on the ball like? In the current set-up, Chiellini relieves a lot of pressure because he can dribble into space. Not sure how well 3CB's work without that kind of player.

15. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Rugani was incredible at playing the ball at Empoli and has shown glimpses of that at Juve when he played. Romagnoli similarly. A lot of the times, he's the one playing the ball from the back from Milan. I'd say Romagnoli is better at bringing it forward, but Rugani is more calm in possession.

16. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Surely Bonucci can play the right side of 3 man defence? Or am I wrong

17. secretariat89

secretariat89 Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Portsmouth, NH
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well its the Dutch league, once he is polished they probably wants to sell him.

His playing style...is like Ibra. Tall and able to play the ball. But, he hasn't convince me of that he's a goal scoring machine like Ibra.

What do you think of Simone Muratore in your Juventus primavera?

18. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    @Baggionero and @secretariat89

Would you two be interested in writing up a current analysis of our top prospects in the Top Prospects thread? You're both up-to-date on top talent, moreso than I am these days. I think many of us would enjoy reading that.

19. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Come September, I'd like to see this 23 for Ventura:

Buffon, Sirigu, Donnarumma
    Juve3, Rugani, Romagnoli
    Verratti, De Rossi, Marchisio, Florenzi, Parolo
    Candreva, Darmian, De Sciglio, Bernardeschi
    Insigne, Berardi, Zaza, El Shaarawy, Belotti, Gabbiadini

The backbone of this team is in 10 players (at least for the near future, nobody is Nostradamas over here): Buffon, Juve3 (I'd convince Barzagli we need him to continue the work they started at this Euros and to blend Romagnoli/Rugani in), DDR, Marchisio, Verratti, Florenzi, Insigne and Candreva. I want them to continue on Conte's legacy and to promote his values as Ventura blends in a more vibrant attack upfront.

20. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I noticed that when watching him. And for a boy his size (HE'S MASSIVE) not only is his hold up play great, but beating guys through sheer skill is easy for him and he seems to have great vision too. He needs to learn how to finish, but I think that will definitely come with time. Especially in the Dutch league. I know they will sell him, but it's a question of where? I just hope come that time (when he's anywhere between 19-22), Italian teams would have the money for a talent of his caliber.

I haven't seen him at all really besides a calm headed finish in one game I streamed (and I didn't even get to finish that game ;()

From our current set up of players who could make the jump, Filippo Romagna and Moise Kean are the players that stand out majorly. Romagna has been playing above his age level for a while. Reads the game amazingly, hence why he's the captain of our primavera. Amazing ball player too... Reminiscent of a long past great... Gaetano. Kean is like Balotelli on steroids. Has it all. Pace, dribbling ability, a ridiculously powerful shot and he finishes like mad. Still at a goal per game I believe.

21. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I would not mind that at all when I have the time. Thank you for the consideration haha.

22. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I think the Juve 3 will be purely to bring Rugani and Romagnoli in. Chiellini has been rather injury prone the last few years and Barzagli will only get older. Only one of the Juve 3 I can see starting at the WC is Bonucci, which is perfectly fine.

De Rossi is just dependent on his club form. I wouldn't mind him as a depth piece because I do believe Florenzi could do his job in the middle of the park even better, even though Florenzi was played out wide. Obviously young midfielders like Cataldi, Sensi and Mandragora will get their chances too. I'm extremely excited to see how Sensi and Verratti mesh, as I get a Xavi (Sensi) and Iniesta (Verratti) vibe from them.

Candreva will be serviceable but he has no end product. Good for tactical flexibility but nothing else beyond that.

Minus Zaza, I like this line up. Zaza isn't NT or Juve quality.

Rosay repped this.
  23. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    You guys think Marchisio will be starting at the next WC? I dont see him regressing.....

24. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i think he will... he'll be 32 years old and more than likely his last NT tournament

at the very least he'll be an experienced sub

Rosay repped this.
  25. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Depends. He's great in a deep role but there's other options simply better there and with age, athleticism diminishes and so will his box to box ability but we shall see.