Veljko Paunovic career deathwatch

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by HeyFireGO, Nov 24, 2015.

1. der sting

der sting Member

Oct 1, 2014
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    No post game commentary?

2. lethargytartare

lethargytartare Member+

Oct 2, 2000
    Magrathea, Horsehead Nebula
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    [​IMG]

Mattyb1760, moleman, LIZZIE and 3 others repped this.
  3. Pennsylvania Dave

Jul 31, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  4. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    This dumb ass still has his job, but Kevin Ellis loses his job?

Oh, crap, what a debacle this team has become.

Disgusting

loonixxx repped this.
  5. der sting

der sting Member

Oct 1, 2014
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    He must coach really cheerfully

loonixxx, seamuslush and xtomx repped this.
  6. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Well, he definitely has pictures of Nelson Rodriguez.

7. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    This shit for brains needs to go.

Some, "highlights" from the "press conference":

Paunovic claimed that Nikolic and Katai were "emotionally drained" after Wednesday. So you bench them? That should improve their spirits.
    He wanted to play "physical and simple"-awful.
    "I am proud of the effort today. Playing like we did, we will win games, sooner-is better."-well, you are 15 games too late, asshole.
    "Nine game-nine finals."-f*cking pathetic.
    "Unfortunately, we could not get Djordie into the game." Hey, dumbass, you have three subs, but you wanted to sub in four players (Katai, Nikolic, De Leeuw, AND Djordie?).
    "Bastian is capable of playing different roles. He has a great leader."-Yes, and he should be running the goddamn team. You are not worthy of being his third assistant.
    "I am not disappointed with the transfer window."-You are either a huge liar or you are an idiot (or both).
    "The players are giving their best and really care."-Yes, but you do them no favors by benching good players, playing bad players and playing good players out of position.

Gamecock14, bunge, moleman and 1 other person repped this.
  9. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I bet if we had any of the other 22 owners, 20 of the 22 would have kick this Asshole to the curb a long time ago.

If Andi even cared 10% about the team this Asshole would be gone.

Maybe all three will be gone after the last game this year. Joe buys Andi's 51%, then fires NRod and Pauno. Then the real plan can start.

xtomx and moleman repped this.
  10. Gamecock14

Gamecock14 Member+

May 27, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    The stance he takes are just awful. I could put up better lines than he could. Here is what I would have said for the interview in red.

11. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1311 firefan2001, Aug 12, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    <div class='fluid-width-video-wrapper'><iframe width='350' height='auto' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen src='https://www.chicago-fire.com/iframe...d=default&brightcove_account_id=5530036776001'></iframe></div>

He called it a "curse" of losing games.o_O Maybe we are the new Chicago Cubs, so our next MLS CUP championship will be 2106.:(

How many times did he say, we will give our best? WTF is U12 soccer, where ever player gets a trophy at the end of the year, regardless where you finished. This fvcking BOZO has to go, I hope that in our next two games we lose horribly 5-0 and 6-0. You would think that would do it, I won't bother listening to any more of his interviews (it's the same bullshit every interview).

xtomx repped this.
  12. lethargytartare

lethargytartare Member+

Oct 2, 2000
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    in 3 years, Pawno has not developed beyond his U20 "rah rah work hard practice cheerfully" style.

It's why he values players of little or no skill, and rotates more skilled players in and out of his dog house.

The Fire roster is only about 5 players deep, but anyone who thinks Pawno would have Atlanta's or Dallas's rosters in 1st place is fooling themselves. He's a net negative and if Andy wasn't an absentee owner Pawno would have been fired ages ago.

xtomx repped this.
  13. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    I hate to blame him as I’m not a coach, but it’s sure difficult to support him. Things are so messed up I really can’t see where not to lay blame.

14. wolvesfirehope

Chicago Fire, Detroit City FC, Swansea City, Chicago Red Stars, Edgewater Castle
    United States
    Apr 6, 2018
    agreed. he obviously doesn't bring in all the players, but it seems like he isn't helping things by utilizing what he has to the best of their abilities. it is a three headed monster of bad.

xtomx repped this.
  15. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    He tried to "improve" by being a hard ass on some players (Sean Johnson in 2016, Accam in 2017, Katai this year).

Maybe he is trying to improve through this, as that is what he thinks "great coaches" (Sir Alex, for example) do.
    Or
    Maybe is just an asshole.

I mean towards the latter.)

16. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I don't hate to blame the coach when the coach is to blame.

There are many other factors, for sure, but he is more detriment than positive.

sportscrazed2 repped this.
  17. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1317 firefan2001, Aug 19, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/08/19/fire-coach-veljko-paunovic-laments-mistakes-same-people

Go figure blames the players, not himself.
    Paunovic provided a window into those frustrations, suggesting jobs are on the line. Katai is screwed

"It always comes to the same mistakes from the same people," Paunovic told reporters. "Just training and doing preparations doesn’t get better. So we have to make some decisions."

Asked about his club's skid, Paunovic replied: "Stop asking me those questions [about the losing streak]. We’re [expletive] suffering. It’s difficult for us. It’s terrible. It’s [expletive] terrible."

I wonder if the league suspends him for this. Maybe that's what he's trying to do.

chiladd repped this.
  18. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Suspension?
    Fire his useless ass.

firefan2001 repped this.
  19. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    I can’t imagine he’ll be gone before the Germany trip.

20. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well it would save Andi a plane ticket, if he's FIRED before the German trip.

xtomx repped this.
  21. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah we need him otherwise Bayern will demolish us

22. lethargytartare

lethargytartare Member+

Oct 2, 2000
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I agree,

So WTF do you keep starting Sanchez, Corrales, and Vincent, mister Pawnovic?

xtomx and firefan2001 repped this.
  23. Martininho

Martininho Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, a one way ticket is almost as expensive as a round trip, so not much to scrimp on there. Further, cheap-ass scumbag Andi would either have to pony up to pay another manager until season end while paying Pawndobitch, or assign head coaching duty to some poor schlub without additional compensation.

Given the history of the vulture-capitalist era, what is the more likely course of [in]action by these clowns?

Jah, how I detest these transparently scumbaggish, incompetent pieces of floating amphibian sh_t!!!

24. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Hauptman: "Frank? How are you doing?"
    Klopas: "Fine, Mr. Hauptman."
    Hauptman: "Nelson tells me that the results are the field are not as good as they should be [since Hauptman does not actually pay attention to the team]. As a result, we have let Veljko Paunovic go."
    Klopas: "Oh, that is too bad. It is always a shame when a coach loses his job."
    Hauptman: "Well, that's business."
    Klopas: "Do you have anyone in line to replace him."
    Hauptman: "We are already paying you, so you will coach the team for the rest of the season."
    Klopas: "Mr. Hauptman. I am paid to be a commentator, not a coach."
    Hauptman: [cutting him off after the word "paid"]: "Yes, we are paying you and you will coach."
    Klopas: [not wanting to engage]: "Who will take over as color commentator?"
    Hauptman: "Oh, you will keep that job."
    Klopas: "But, sir, that is impossible. I cannot be on the sidelines and in the booth at the same time."
    Hauptman: "We will get you one of those wireless headset thingies. That should work."
    Klopas: "But, I will need to concentrate on coaching on the sidelines."
    Hauptman: "Concentrate? Have you seen Paunovic coach? Sure, he is looks all intense and angry, but I always thought that just his natural look.
    Also, remember Yallop? Hell, he would sleep on the sidelines during the games.
    This should be easy for you. You were a competent coach here before [I fired you for no apparent reason, thus setting up even more failure, including consecutive wooden spoons in 2015 and 2016]."
    Klopas: "I am sorry, sir, but I don't think coaching and commentating would work."
    Hauptman: "Fine, Dan Kelly will be in the booth calling the games by himself."
    And @xtomx's (and others) head explodes

25. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly what would happen.

xtomx repped this.