Vancouver Whitecaps v. Houston Dynamo, Saturday, September 14

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by newtex, Sep 12, 2019.

?

Result?

Poll closed Sep 14, 2019.
  1. Dynamo win

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Dynamo tie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dynamo lose

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Oh, Ca-na-da!

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Varus

Varus Member

Feb 5, 2015
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Where was that speed all night Bizama?

2. Varus

Varus Member

Feb 5, 2015
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Adnan looks like he’s going to hit someone, not sure if it’ll be a teammate or Dynamo player.

3. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    The transfer bid was rejected, Sporting acquired a different player.

Varus, ElNaranja and *rey* repped this.
  4. Varus

Varus Member

Feb 5, 2015
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Dynamo gonna Dynamo.

I still like the direction Arnaud is going over the past two games and think we’d have a different result barring the stupid penalty.

5. OnceAggie

OnceAggie Member

Apr 23, 2016
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    you like the fact they couldn't get at least a draw against the worst team in the conference?

6. Varus

Varus Member

Feb 5, 2015
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    No, I like the fact he abandoned the gimmicky 4-3-3 Cabrera shit and the team played with a cohesive defensive shape.

Bullshit penalty and Dynamo choking aside that’s an improvement to me, but realize I have extremely low expectations here.

7. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And Freddy finally gets his revenge for Pat yelling at him 10 years ago OnstadMontero.jpg

Dynamo_Forever and Westside Cosmo repped this.
  8. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To use an American football analogy, our team fumbles at the goaline more than any team I have ever followed for years.
    Just see out a 1-1 road point gentlemen. Really boys, it is Vancouver. They are shit. Don't give them any sniffs late on.
    Just can't seal the deal can you guys.
    And did that last minute Memo free kick not look at first glance like it was destined for the back of the net.
    Sails wide.
    Still, DALE DYNAMO! Love our crest!

9. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently some fans don't think others are "fans" if they complain about or players.

CeltTexan and *rey* repped this.
  10. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The penalty call was weak, all of these handball new guidance edicts really suck especially when the hands are clearly within the body width. Its different when you got arms flying all over the place away from the body.

This Dynamo squad needs a complete reboot - unfortunately our owners will only allow it to run in "safe mode". How many games in the last two years where late defensive lapses have cost us points?

The good news is the loss pretty much extinguishes any plausible playoff shot and so we can stop hearing about playing for the playoffs (it is still a mathematical possibility to make it at 46 points with tiebreakers but is an extremely unlikely scenario and too many permutations to address)

11. Varus

Varus Member

Feb 5, 2015
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Fuenmayor looks like he just shut-off at the end there. He is so damn inconsistent.

I feel like I say this at the end of every season (probably says something about Jordan), but we arguably need to can the GK+Backline yet again. Figueroa is too old to be a starter, Struna has mentally checked out which is unacceptable, Lundkvist can't defend, Fuenmayor is inconsistent, Kevin Garcia is bad, DeLaGarza is in the part of his career where performance falls off a cliff.

I'm still jury out on Bizama, but I think everyone else is sackable. Maybe keep Fuenmayor if you think the inconsistency is due to lack of playing time.

Westside Cosmo, CeltTexan and *rey* repped this.
  12. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    I do not understand how Memo doesn’t get more minutes or start over McNamara or Martinez

His chances created goals and assists challenges won per minute played should be better

CeltTexan and Westside Cosmo repped this.
  14. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    Last minute goal to concede all three points is the same old team

The defense is still poor. Figueroa is still good if a little inconsistent but his days are limited. Everyone else is not up to top of the league standard- we will not get to a cup with this. That’s the goal, right?

15. OnceAggie

OnceAggie Member

Apr 23, 2016
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    none of this matters when the FO is running a team in a major market on a shoe string budget. No season tickets for me next year and im only going to a game when its a good opponent not supporting this garbage.

16. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But Jose Bizama is a Chilean National Team member!!!! (for the cupcake friendlies). How can you not buy season tickets to watch such an international superstar?

Some guy on Facebook keeps making the point that the Dynamo owners only fund the team enough to shop at Family Dollar instead of a normal store. Not a bad analogy.

17. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True but where MLS succeeds is in video review after the fact for diving/cheating and handing out appropriate discipline. In this, the Premier League fails miserably.

18. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...and that "safe mode" will see this team gone from Houston within the next two to four years.