Uvaldo Luna Martinez in Mexico

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Testudo, Mar 1, 2013.

1. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The linked goal took place in a 4-0 home win against Altamira in the Copa MX on July 29th. Luna played the second half. Uvaldo was an unused sub for the rematch this week. He has also made 2 starts for the Tigres U-20s so far during the 2014 Apertura.

During the 2013 Clausura Luna scored 3 goals in 6 starts for the Tigres U-2os. He also made 1 start in the Copa MX.

2. superm

superm Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Didn't he already choose Mexico?

Anyway, Tigres is the worst place any youth player can play at... well as long as that coach is there.
    He does not play them and only talks negative things about them. I can't believe he has been there for so many years, he prefers older players than developing players.

The MX Cup is the only place these youth players play because it's mostly against second division teams they play and this coach named Tuca doesn't care about tournaments, only the local league.

3. USAMEX10

USAMEX10 Member+

Sep 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    yes what Superm is saying is true... which is why 23 yr old Pulido one of Mexicos best strikers is splitting to go to europe. Uvaldo Luna should be targeted by MLS teams. He is definitely better than other US prospects in MX like Cuevas/Hernandez. if they signed him maybe he could be persuaded to choose US

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  4. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He has chosen Mexico in the same reversible way that Edgar Castillo once chose Mexico, that Jermaine Jones, Fabian Johnson, and Julian Green once chose Germany, and Aron Johannsson once chose Iceland. Since he is eligible for the one time switch I still track him occasionally.

5. superm

superm Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    If he stays at Tigres, he won't be able to choose Mexico or U.S because he'll end up being a 24 year old on the U-20 team.
    Unfortunately for some of the Mexican players, Tigres is always buying the youth players that Atlas produces and then just rots them on the bench.

6. superm

superm Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    What happened with Pulido was that both the starting forward and backup got injured, so Tuca had no choice but to start him. He had a great year and then got interest from European teams because supposedly his contract was up this summer. Tigres on the other hand say he has 2 years left, but Pulido says he never signed anything and that its a fake contract. He already took the case to Fifa and will most likely sign with Olympiakos.

7. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I agree that he's probably better than Cuevas, but I wouldn't be so sure that he's better than Hernandez.

8. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Luna came on in the 64th minute for Tigres in their 1-0 road loss to Monarcas last night.

During the 2015 Clausura he made a 28 minute substitute appearance in Liga MX and one start in the Copa Libertadores. He played in 10 games (4 starts) with the Tigres U-20s and made 2 starts with Cachorros de la U.A.N.L. in the third division.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  9. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
  10. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    mike4066 repped this.
  11. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    #61 Eighteen Alpha, Nov 8, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    snip:

Patriotas Boyaca fell at home 1-0 against Once Caldas. Texas-born Tigres loanee Uvaldo Luna came off the bench at halftime, but couldn’t spark the comeback. The loss proved costly, as it allowed Millonarios to leap over Patriotas into the final playoff spot with a one point edge and only one game remaining in the regular season. Patriotas closes the regular campaign with a derby visit to last-placed Boyaca Chico, while Millionarios host second placed Medellin.

http://www.beinsports.com/us/americ...ns-overseas-the-troops-return-home-for/367447

Note: I just found this page. It is a very good YA wrap-up and I wouldn't be surprised if it were written (or researched) by one of our regulars.

ChuckMe92 and Gacm32 repped this.
  12. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He does have an odd mix of players, including some you really have to dig to find.

Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  13. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ChuckMe92 and BostonRed repped this.
  14. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    The fans in the BSMX section seem to think this guy is pretty good. He had a good loan in Colombia, may be a situation to monitor.

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  15. Midas Mulligan

Midas Mulligan Member+

Jul 24, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So if he has a good 4 years, he can maybe pass Wondo for a call-up.

I wish I could be sure my statement were only a joke.

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  16. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ussoccer97531 and ChuckMe92 repped this.
  17. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Registered with Atlas' first team for 2017-18. Him and Alejandro Guido might be two of the more intriguing Yanks to watch in Liga MX.

18. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Luna played the first half of a Copa MX game and started and scored in a U20 game this weekend. He has not made the first team 18 yet.

autobus39 repped this.
  19. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Luna was on loan in Colombia, but left at the end of June.

Somehow he is STILL under contract with Tigres.

autobus39 and UniversalAdvice repped this.