USWNT vs Romania Pre/Match/Post

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by kernel_thai, Nov 12, 2016.

1. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    The only actual expansion of the pool will come with changes in the CBA. If the CBA still holds down the number of contracts and floaters this isnt really an expansion, just a shopping trip. Id like to see the contracts spread over around 30 players which would give Ellis the option of tailoring her roster to opponents and who is playing well at the time.

2. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Always easy to spend OPM innit?

3. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure where to post this and don't want to start a new thread, so here's where recent USWNT discussion has been. Initial word is that Andi Sullivan suffered a serious injury in tonight's Stanford v Santa Clara NCAA Tournament game. Nearby Santa Clara player was visibly upset. I hope the report is exaggerated.

jnielsen repped this.
  4. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uh oh. Not good news.

5. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doesn't sound good:

6. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Praying that it's not You Know What.

7. cpthomas

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stanford has confirmed that Andi Sullivan tore her ACL.

jnielsen repped this.
  8. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ouch! Feel bad for her. That's going to be a long road towards full recovery.
    At least the surgeries that have these days are better than when I was growing up.

9. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    D*mn it D*mn it D*mn it D*mn it D*mn it D*mn it D*mn it D*mn it D*mn it D*mn it D*mn it

Semblance17 and cpthomas repped this.
  10. 6peternorth9

6peternorth9 Member

Nov 15, 2012
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    They shouldn't have brought her in for meaningless camp in the middle of the college season in my opinion. It could have happened to her either way of course, but it sure didn't help with added load and stress on her body. Very unfortunate

11. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was her injury a contact or non-contact injury?

12. 6peternorth9

6peternorth9 Member

Nov 15, 2012
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Non-contact. Again, it could have happened either way, but I do think it contributed heavily

13. cpthomas

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's been some criticism of the U20 NT's insistence that players for the U20 World Cup redshirt for this year's college season. In other words, they could play college soccer or U20 World Cup soccer, but not both. Having personally observed, in the past, players who did both at the same time and players who instead redshirted, I found it definitely reasonable to require them to make a choice between the two and not to allow both (the opposite decision might have been reasonable, too). Although no one ever will know, I think it's also reasonable to take Sullivan's injury as providing some support for the decision made regarding the U20s.