News: USSF makes it official!!!

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by doogiemo, Dec 16, 2008.

1. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thoughts? USSF did something right for a change. Anywhere but Columbus would have been sheer idiocy.

2. Tucson_soccer_fan

Feb 11, 2007
    AZ, TUCSON
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea, I have thoughts. It is about ********ing time. Looking to book flights today for Feb 10th. I can't wait to get my tickets. That will be the next thread of course. 'When will the tickets go on sale.' I am sure there will be a ton of bitching on how unfair the ticket distribution process is. There will also be the complaints about how USSF is going to prevent the Mexican fans from buying all the tickets. Oh well, I am just glad I know where I will be going now. All I need to find now is if any U.S. fans have a hot sister in Columbus that I can stay with for a few days. If worse comes to worse a Mexican fan with a hot sister that I can stay with for a few days. Ok, maybe I will have to rethink that last one.
    Now, lets get down to business. I need the name of a soccer bar for before and after the match.

3. doogiemo

doogiemo Member

Aug 11, 2005
    ohh USA, USA USA USA
    with the excpection of the match being announced in the mexi site 1st... :rolleyes:

but bring on the mexis... C-bus and the NATS supporters will be ready!!!

4. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    Salt Lake wouldn't have been a bad option except for the altitude. I don't really fancy playing Mexico at altitude. Better that this be a high-energy game where guys can run for 90 mins.

Of course the US vs Mex in Columbus is a nice fit.

5. HogDaddy

HogDaddy Member

Mar 27, 2001
    St. Charles, MO
    Now it's down to getting the tickets. My Columbus hotel has been booked for 2 weeks. The car is gassed up and ready! :)

The local supporters clubs, SA and AO should have details about tailgates, etc. in the near future. Now that the venue is set, these things can happen.

Anyone care to trade one slightly used soul for 2 tickets to the US-Mex game?

6. Maximum Optimal

Maximum Optimal Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Will there be snow?

7. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    About time they announce it. Goff reported that it would probably be announced by yesterday. Close enough.

Columbus here I come! :)

8. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    God, I hope so. I hope it's 10 degrees or less in a driving snowstorm, and that the Mexicans freeze their asses off.

9. Barcasox

Barcasox Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    do we really need 10 different threads for this? I mean, now that USSF made it official, maybe we can close all the other threads

10. CommonSense

CommonSense Member

Jul 12, 2006
    Portland
  11. doogiemo

doogiemo Member

Aug 11, 2005
    ohh USA, USA USA USA

there are 10 "USSF made it official" threads!? wow... where? ;)

12. Cade

Cade Member

Jul 7, 2008
    fitting game for me and my friends first cap. :)
    can't wait

13. QuakeAttack

QuakeAttack Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    California - Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't a couple of the players of their players play for Stuttgart. Also, their European based players should be used to cold.

So, while it should be an advantage, I wouldn't get carried away with it. Besides, do you think Landon likes the cold? He is an LA boy...

14. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No brainer to bring it back to Columbus.

Now.. when is the ticket announcement?

15. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All I know is that I was at Columbus in February 2001, and the Mexicans were not at all happy with how cold it was.

I was also at Columbus in September 2005.

And I'm going to be in Columbus this February too. I can't wait to extend the 2-0 streak.

:D

16. mcadaal

mcadaal Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Anyone need a ride to the game? My wife and I will leave from Fayetteville, AR. We will be driving through St. Louis, Indy and Dayton. If you're willing to spend some money on gas, you can join our car pool. Just send me a PM.

17. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    10 well deserved threads. ;)

18. Rainer24

Rainer24 Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah, both Osorio and Pardo play for Stuttgart.

I don't know how much of an advantage the cold weather will really offer. It is a sport where you basically spend ninety minutes moving no slower than a healthy jog.

19. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, yes, but if you're not used to your wee-wee being frostbitten (and your toes and knees and fingers), it can really put a damper in your skillz. Two players who play in Germany and a handful of others who play in Europe does not outweigh the mass of the team who play in Mexico. Plus, Crew Stadium is now a psychological advantage beyond any real physical advantage it may offer. La Guerra Fria is a horrible memory for any Mexican, and the more we win at CCS, the worse it will get.

20. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's psychological at that point. And the cold weather won't do a lot for the Mexican fans. The US fans will be loud, but if 2009 is anything like 2001, the Mexican fans will be very adversely affected by the cold weather.

21. CommonSense

CommonSense Member

Jul 12, 2006
    Portland
    Tell that to Eddie Johnson.

The cold is an advantage, it's not necessarily just playing a couple seasons in the weather, many American players experience cold winters, cool games in spring and fall, the occasional snow game throughout their lives.

Doesn't happen in Mexico.

It's not a huge advantage, it's not like Azteca, but it's pretty close to the best we have.

I'm just selfish and wanted the game to be at SL or Seattle for attending purposes. You Eastcoasters are spoiled, I can't possibly justify spending all that money to go to Columbus, Ohio. Those of us on the Left Side get left out of the fun, hopefully we get a couple of games out West.

22. Nutmeg

Nutmeg Member+

Aug 24, 1999
    Wow. This is a stupid statement.

Columbus is a great venue for this game. SLC would have been easier for me to get to, but Columbus is where it should be.

23. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Somewhere in Utah, vodka bottles and jello boxes are ecstatic that they have been spared a massacre but US fans wanting to “get into the spirit” of Utah by making jello… w/ lots of vodka. :D

24. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm seeing round trip Portland to Columbus flights for less than $250.00 on Expedia