USA vs. Mexico, Feb. 6, in Houston

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by MakingNews, Nov 13, 2007.

1. MakingNews

MakingNews Member

Jul 8, 2003
    Detroit, MI
  2. The Wisdom Cube

The Wisdom Cube New Member

Oct 7, 2005
    Clemson, SC
    This caught my eye:

Also, this...

That's right in the middle of the South Africa game!

3. MakingNews

MakingNews Member

Jul 8, 2003
    Detroit, MI
    That's just so typical! All you can do is laugh, I guess.

4. JamesENicholson

Feb 18, 2005
    anyone got the presale passwords? for some reason i don't receive the emails from ussoccer.com with the presale passwords anymore.

5. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm extremely pleased with US soccer that they are finally dividing the fans. Hopefully this will cut down on the amount of beer we get thrown on us.

45 bucks for the endline seats !!!! you have to be joking me that is way too much.

Either way , I will be there, and so will a few other members of the SCB.

Dos a Cero por siempre.

6. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just got the US soccer fan email from US soccer.

So there will be a Mexican area,a neutral section, a US section, and also a Sam's Army section . I'm guessing that the Sam's Army section will be within the US section, which is great, because this will get everyone chanting and singing. We might need monty to clarify this for us.

Airfare from LA to houston on Southwest is as low as 99 each way. Those of you from houston, if you need any help organizing tailgating and a pre match march, PM myself or DirtyDefender , as the SCB will be more than willing to help.

7. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Has anyone heard back from the Outlaws about their reduced ticket price offer?

8. FCDallasAddie

FCDallasAddie Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Dallas, Tx
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK...There are at least three different dates to presale?? SA is saying wait til 11/19 with password RED....ussoccer's password for SA section is A9 FIRST?? But the presale has already started...as in ten min ago??HELP!!!

9. FCDallasAddie

FCDallasAddie Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Dallas, Tx
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right now Im on ticketmaster and able to go with section 116??

10. HTownSoccerGuy

Mar 29, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Yeah this is great news the way they are going to split it up. Last game with USA - Mexico in Houston was around 60 - 40 % in Mexico's favor so this may be a reason why. Imagine a whole RED section and a whole Green section. Southwest is going to be your best option to fly in to. Its cheaper and closer to the stadium and hotels around Houston. If any of yall have any questions about the Houston area then hit me up. Also, Dynamo supporter group Texian Army has a couple large drums to bring IF reliant lets us in with them. Their usually dicks about letting large drums in but we are already working on getting them in. Of course El Batallon (Dynamo other supporter group) will be organizing the Mexico support so it should be a great time had by all. Cant wait!!!

11. bamaphan

bamaphan New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    this is how I got tix already

12. brain26

brain26 New Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Got mine already :)

[​IMG]

13. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    i got my US Supporters tickets, 116!

14. studzup

studzup New Member

Nov 11, 2007
    Winthrop;Kinsale,IRE
    Great news, indeed.

I remember, however, that the last match between the US and Mexico at Reliant (which I watched in Ireland), was played on a bumpy, narrow field.

I also watched the recent game with Brazil played in Chicago, I believe. The field that day was also, well, sub-par.

Let's hope that the organizers of the match (presumably the USSF) will ensure a quality playing surface.

15. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Today is the presale for members of the USSF mailing list. A9FIRST is USSF' presale code for tickets in the SA/US supporters section. This code will only work during the USSF presale that ends Sat at 8am.

Sam's Army is not the USSF nor it's mailing list. So SA have their own password that will become active the day before the general on sale, 11/19. The reason it will have have it's own code is help prevent people that should not be in the supporters section (those not US supporters and those not wanting to stand all match etc) from buying those tickets.

Regardless of whether you buy now or Monday, the tickets will be in the US supporters section. Buying today, obviously, guarantees you have a ticket in the event of a sell out prior to Monday. Though at Reliant I assume this is highly unlikely. Anyone know how many seats are in the US supporters allocation?

16. brain26

brain26 New Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Football season will be well over by this time in Houston, no reason the field should not be perfect

17. studzup

studzup New Member

Nov 11, 2007
    Winthrop;Kinsale,IRE
    One would hope. But wasn't the recent friendly with Ecuador played in an NFL stadium (Tampa, I believe) in the off-season? The field that day was rather shabby, as well.

Oh, well. I'm sure that it will be fine in Houston.

18. HouseHead78

HouseHead78 Member+

Oct 17, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In for my third cap (and second against Mexico). Bringing my brother along with me for his first. Got great seats on a presale. Can't wait!

PS) as a frequent visitor to Houston, I can recommend hotel ZaZa as a fantastic place to stay, if you have the ducats.

19. FCDallasAddie

FCDallasAddie Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Dallas, Tx
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks a bunch! Got my tickets! see you there!

20. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Umm, searching for USA vs Mexico tickets...

[​IMG]

21. brain26

brain26 New Member

Apr 13, 2007
    wow, I was able to get section 104 row B, now it's up to row P. I am so glad I was off work today and payday was also today :)

22. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    The field in Houston during the Gold Cup was really bad quality. I hope they do better for this game but I'm not expecting much.

At least I'll get to see the game in person though.

23. FCDallasAddie

FCDallasAddie Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Dallas, Tx
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got my two tickets in section 116!! Sure its just a friendly, but we should have an awesome time. Lets go Yanks!

24. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was doing a few trial and error attempts on ticketmaster just to see what the ticket layout looks like , and when I would put in the code for US fans, they seemed to be on the other side of the stadium that the SA section, and the code for the Mexican fans led to tickets that were on the same side of the stadium as the US section ...

Now why would we not be on the side with all the other US fans?

25. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    I went through all price levels for each group and color coded the results on a seating chart. The US sections appear to go from 106 around to probably 138 (since 353 above it is also a US section) along with the sections above them. Neutral sections are 107 to at least 118 and above. Mexican sections are known to be at least 134 to 122. So SA is with the neutrals. Not as bad but still a big WTF moment there. We should be placed with US fans.