USA vs. Mexico 6-25-2011

Discussion in 'Gold Cup' started by aguimarães, Jun 23, 2011.

1. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    USA vs. Mexico

Final
    Pasadena 21:00 EST

2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Could go either way really. Both teams are not that impressive.

Gotta stick withy my USA pick though. 1-0 (Agudelo scores)

3. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    It looks like Mexico should have 3 starters and USA 1 starter from the notorious 2009 final.

4. RED_HOT_CHILI_PEPPER

Feb 26, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Mexico should win

1. The game is in Pasadena..it will be a home game for Mexico

2. Chicharito

3. USA is not playing great soccer, just enough to get by.

4. Donovan isnt playing great ball.

5. De Nigris will come in the 2nd half and probably score as usual.

the key for the US will be Dempsey

5. Flipstar508

Flipstar508 Member+

Sep 7, 2006
    Worcester, MA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The US will take this as long as Bedoya, Adu, Donovan, and Dempsey are all on the field at the same time. Jones will dominate Mexico's central midfield. I'd say 2 - 1 US

6. ussoccer987654321

Jun 11, 2011
    This one should be a close call who wins since neither team is playing great at the moment, but I have to give the advantage to Mexico. Way too often Bob uses an ineffective 1st half lineup, that gives us no chance to score goals in the 1st half, then he uses a good second half lineup and we play much better. I am afraid that he will start Kljestan and Bedoya again over Donovan and Adu. Bob has a tendency to make stupid lineup decisions, and we might go down 2-0 at the half if he doesn't get the lineup correct. If the lineup is Howard,Cherundolo,Goodson,Bocanegra,Lichaj,Donovan,Jones, Bradley,Dempsey,Adu,Agudelo, then we might pull this one out but anything else will shift the advantage to Mexico in my mind.

7. Tiburoneuras

Tiburoneuras New Member

Jul 18, 2009
    Queretaro
    Club:
    TR de Veracruz
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah, I can see that happening if Torrado and Castro stay in the shitty level they have shown in the cup.

8. Tiburoneuras

Tiburoneuras New Member

Jul 18, 2009
    Queretaro
    Club:
    TR de Veracruz
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This is a game of f--king moods, so let's see how the players wake up that morning and how Chepo and Bob feel about lining up and then we will see what happens.

Some journalists and comentators in Mexico are afraid that recent History will prevail and that the US look stronger than the Mexican side given the latest results. I should say both sides should be really worried, not so much about the opponent but about the shitty level they are showing

My prediction: 2-1 Mexico, rather from heart than from brain.

And overall, I hope they cast a great game that shows some progress in the area. I believe this is a game that will be broadcasted widely so they better show a good face and not a boring one.

AND ALSO, I JUST HOPE THE GAMES DOES NOT END IN STUPID PENALTY KICKS.

9. Swag Flu

Swag Flu Member+

Sep 11, 2008
    Lo$ $candalou$
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Mexico 2-0.

10. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    My heart wants the States to kill them.

But I just can't deny all the factors on Mexico's side this time around...I say Mexico wins, 3-2.

11. cookiefritas

cookiefritas Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Games are won or lost in the midfield and I think the USA midfield might be better than Mexico this time around. As the technical advantage that Mexico once had keeps on decreasing, I think the physical superiority of the USA midfield will begin to take its toll on the Mexicans and they won't be able to dominate possession against the USA like they have done in the past.

If Mexico sits back and waits for a counter I think that they would easily win, Chepo is a good coach and I think he realizes that this Mexican team is at its best when countering and that they need to bait the opposition into pushing up their lines.

12. Flipstar508

Flipstar508 Member+

Sep 7, 2006
    Worcester, MA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree Mexico is best when they counter. I just think they have too much pride to let the US have the ball. Especially how uninspiring the US attack has been it would be the perfect game-plan for Mexico. Lets hope they don't swallow their pride

13. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Dec 26, 2006
    No idea
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    we can deal with physical superiority, and counter it with your better fitnes, speet, and talent. "physical superiority wont be an issue, since the U.S.'s strategy wont be to injure our players, like in the Honduras game.

You guys have the wrong idea of what playing physical means.

14. Soccerfever

Soccerfever Member

Aug 30, 2001
    Laval(Canada)
    The big winner of this match will be CONCACAF who will cash in on ticket sales of a packed Pasadena Rosebowl(80k+ if not more!).They got the final they wanted...:rolleyes:

Well the only consolation this time around is that Jack Warner won't touch a penny of that money...

I hope Mexico wins the actual match...

15. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The last time the US scored 2 goals was against Canada.

I looked it up out of curiosity. Sorry I know random

16. cookiefritas

cookiefritas Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Drunk guy, Honduras is not playing so I don't know why you keep bringing them up.

I doubt that Mexico has more fitness, or speed in the midfield. Take your Mexican goggles off.

17. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    MEXICO 2 - 1 USA it will be a close game

18. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Dec 26, 2006
    No idea
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm talking in general, not just he mid-field:eek: and did you see barrera's speed? just because they are physically bigger doesn't mean they are faster more fit.

19. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We got this...

we took on the Biotipo Perfecto and came out with the W.

3-0

Nads and Apu aint got shit on us

20. PeeWeeMoore

PeeWeeMoore New Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I hope that Agudelo does not start. LD and Bedoya should start in the wide spots with Demps as the Forward and Kletchen or Adu in the middle.

Agudelo has played 60+ minutes in 4 games of this gold cup and has yet to score. This is a big time game and he is nowhere near a big time player.

We need to play our best players and Agudelo is not one of our best players. (Either is Wondo, We could use Gomez or Buddle for this game.)

But I don't think BB is smart enough to bench Agudelo.

Mexico 2 USA 1

21. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jamaica?

22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--

The Match was essentially a sellout before Last night's results.

So basically if Panama and Honduras would have found ways to win it still would have been a sellout and financial cash cow.

Half the stadium probably would have not shown up or tried to sell their tickets on stubhub and ebay though (but that is another story). :p:D

23. Swag Flu

Swag Flu Member+

Sep 11, 2008
    Lo$ $candalou$
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I can't even front. That was my biggest concern. I didn't know any Yanks or Catrachos to sell my tix to. I would've hit up Stub Hub for a quick sale.

24. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    CONCACAF is somehow calling the first American goal against Jamaica by Jermaine Jones an own goal.

It doesn't really make sense, but I think it is indirect retaliation for his theatrics after getting taken down and winning that red card in the same match.

25. Spry

Spry Member

Apr 25, 2006
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    This is a tough, evenly fought match as always. I think the US had a bit tougher road to the final. That said, it's obvious the US is not clicking. Getting better but not good enough. Passing and first touch will prove critical for the US if they're to stay in the game. Mexico is definitely sharper with the ball and playing with more pace. If Mexico can keep the tempo for 90 minutes it'll be a tough night for the US. But pressure Mexico and all goes out the window.