USA vs Japan [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Gamba 2005 Pt 2 redded, Feb 10, 2006.

1. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    No, they are used in many leagues already and are used in friendlies and tournaments like the African Nations Cup.

Japan expected they'd be using them, but do to US's contract with Nike they had to use those crap balls that look like they are spinning out of control. But I can't dis the ball anymore cause before a bunch of trolls came in and said I was making "pre-excuses".

2. YCashMoney42

YCashMoney42 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Seoul
    I was just curious because Korea has been using the ball during this training camp except UAE game and Saudi tournament. All the WC qualified teams received the official balls.

I was just wondering because they were using some colorful ass ball during the game, I actually think they even used the official ball when Korea played US in closed doors game

3. Beckham7

Beckham7 Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Northern, California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ya that nike ball sucks big time. It's got a wierd looking design. Are the World cup balls made by Adidas?

4. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
  5. Ishikawa18

Ishikawa18 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You're right, TEAMGEIST looks much better than the new nike one

6. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    Japan needs to get used to this kind of pressure. USA is normally used same kind of playing style against short-passing team. It starts with forwards pressing hard on the defense with defenders maintaining a high line that get the field very compact. If you don't move quick enough, you cannot get the ball out. In the offense, USA will use fast forwards stretch the fields, and using quick-combination and transaction to create scoring chances. Don't feel too bad, this is how US runs Mexico, Colombia, Portugal, Italy, etc. off the field.

That is also why Mexico has big problem to play against USA. They think that USA cannot maintain such high speed game for 90 minutes. Wrong. The only place USA cannot do it --in Mexico City with high altitude.

7. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-
    man.. Why is everyone getting on my back, i've already had an earfull from rougou and Tako.
    Well what i said was i believe Fukunishi started almost all those matches ( I wasn't sure) but he started against Brazil and Greece, and i think he started against Korea. i'm pretty sure 3/5 counts as "ALMOST" I also said I think Endo played against England (it was 2 god damn years ago, i'm not good at remembering precise details like you lot), certainly not entitled to your Wrong! statment as if i'd done something really bad. I wasn't on about them playing together, but individually for the National Team.
    I was just pressing the point that Endo is better than everyone keeps saying on the boards and i just said watch him play for Gamba before judging his overall game. Thank you and goodbye :cool:

8. noaihmtch

noaihmtch Red Card

Mar 12, 2005
    Great Japan
    i think we should be worried about usa's future more. it was obvious that japan was merely fooling them with new 3-6-1 formation but they didn't expect it worked! so they just got bored and stoped attacking their far weaker opponent after 10 or 15 minutes. our world class striker kubo wasn't interested in scoring a goal on them because he felt so sorry for the american soccer. otherwise the american side would have been crying like a bitch after seeing kubo's dragon volley. i think american soccer is stronger than the 3rd tier asian sides such as n.korea and singapore but slightly weaker than the 2nd tiers such as oman and s.korea.

9. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004

Reel them in baby.

10. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    nope Japan played Korea with the full 3rd string and not Endo and them so no almost :D
    and it wasn't that good of a match anyway, Nakazawa just has a nack for scoring off corners and he did in that game.

11. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    Hey, Im sorry to "pile on". I didnt see the other comments when I posted that. Otherwise I wouldnt have bothered.

The point is, when you defend Fukunasty and Endo, you have to consider who else is available. If those were the only players that Japan had available they would still suck, but you might have a point in defending them. In other words, if the people here had never heard of Yuki Abe, Takeshi Aoki, Keita Suzuki, Jun Marques Davidson, Yasuyuki Konno, Daisuke Nasu . . . . (do I need to continue?) . . . they might not get so annoyed to hear you defending Fukunishi and Endo. But lets face it, Fukunishi has lost his starting spot on JUBILO IWATA to Naruoka and Ota, and the only reason he saw as much playing time as he DID get last year was because Kikuchi was on loan to Albirex. Are you telling me that Zico should continue calling up Jubilo Iwata's FOURTH-best defensive midfielder??? Sorry, but based on my understanding of logic, that would indicate that there are at least three other people in Japan who deserve to be on the team ahead of him (and probably a lot more than three). Im not trying to bash you or put you down. Just stating facts.

Well, I can see why you might say that to some of the other people here, but seriously . . . surely you realise that I watch every J.League match in the entire season, mny of them 2-3 times. I dont think Endo has ever taken a step or kicked a ball that I didnt see -- many of them in slow motion. My judgement of his overall game is not unlike that of many other leading J.League analysts

- he is a good, tough tackler with more strength than is typical in the J.League, and a very good level of stamina. He tackles hard and can rush forward and back all match long without tiring out. These qualities make him a very good J.League player.

BUT
    - he does not have either the ball skills, the reaction time or the "vision" to be effective at the top international level. He can hold his own when playing teams like UAE or Singapore, but even Zico has shown the good sense not to put him out on the pitch against top European opponents. Why he chose to pair Endo and Fukunishi against the US is a total mystery, and even before the contest I predicted that the US was going to cause Japan serious problems if Zico insisted on using that formation.

Maybe this shows that Zico didnt take the US seriously enough. I dont know. I cant read his mind. But in the words of the Gropenator:

BIG mistake.

12. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-
    Ok, I can accept that about Endo, your obviously better quilified to judge :cool: .It wasn't so much Fukunishi, I've been a long time complainer about him, it was mainly Endo, I just don't like hearing him crtiized, Thats all.

13. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-
    Aghhh man, My memory sucks ass, i'm not the most reliable source for football facts ;)

14. fc koshigaya

fc koshigaya Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Saitama City,Japan
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    YOU'RE KILLING ME.....stop seriously. I'm cryin right now

BEST POST EVER

Oman is just too much

15. ty webb

ty webb Member

Aug 28, 2005
    NYC
    This is the funniest post ever. LOL.

Thank you for your kindness Kubo, and please show us the "dragon volley" this summer...... ;)

16. iKnan

iKnan Member

Apr 19, 2005
    i couldn't believe japan fell back 3-0 at one point of the game, i thought it was going to be a blow out. but obviously this wasn't japan's A team, the team that tied brazil 2-2 in confederation cup.

but i give jpn credit for having the strength both physically and emotionally to pull 2 back after going down 3-0.

17. Video Newbie

Video Newbie New Member

Sep 10, 2005
    Back in US :(
    You mean this right here???

http://rapidshare.de/files/13099609/Nakazawa_goal.wmv.html

VN:D

18. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    For Japan's DM, I wish they would use Abe more...I think he should be Inamoto's backup for the WC. Fukinishi isn't that good as others have said and I don't think Endo is as good as Endo.

19. Ishikawa18

Ishikawa18 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Fukunishi and Endo are good players!
    Fukunishi have alot of experience and Endo is a fighter and an exellent free-kicker (and my fave Player :D GO YATTO! ) :)

I think both should be call up for WC

20. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I agree, I wish Abe had started so that we could see more of him. He is an important part of JEF which is stronger than Jubilo. Really Zico gets me upset with his gay loyalty to washed up guys.

I have no doubt Zico will call them up now but it will be a waste of spots. Endo has a good free-kick but so do Nakamura, Ogasawara, Abe, and Alex.

21. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    No doubt Endo is very good player in J-League, but he has been already given many playing time to show how he play in NT. In next two games , most Euro based players will not come back to Japan. Give chance to Abe and Hasebe more. They might play wrose than Endo or Fukunishi, but also might play better. I really want to watch at least either of them as a starter in next two games!

22. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Tako, I don't think they could do much worse than Endo or Fukinishi did. I've always thought Abe was the best of the three when Inamoto is not in the squad.

23. watanabe2k

watanabe2k Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Illinois, but Japan
    Club:
    Jubilo Iwata
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Everyone knows I am a rabid Jubilo fan. But when I saw Fukunishi in the starting line up, I decided it was time to pay more attention to my Polish Sausage.

People talk about how Ono wasn't doing well, but the problem is no one could get the ball up to him.

24. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the Japan manager needs to stop making fundamental changes, such as formation (3-6-1), with only a few months left before WC.

25. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    After everything you've seen under Zico Japan, you really think he'll change his ways this time and bench Alex?

I wouldn't put money on it....