PBP: USA vs. Jamaica [R] 7/26, 2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup Final

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by schrutebuck, Jul 26, 2017.

1. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Portugal sent their main Squad too however there were some good players at the Euro U21s .
    Point is still that there really is little incentive to send a team to the Confederations in my eyes. We should focus on other tournaments.

2. tyguy

tyguy Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Cheeseland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry if this has been discussed somewhere, but what exactly were the AO/USA fans shouting when the Jamaica keepers booted the ball. I swear it sounded like the Mexican '********' (or whatever it is) chant. If so, why are they a) copying a slur used by our arch-rival, b) not coming up with something original if they are replacing YSA, and 3) risking USASF standing by using a slur that is getting the Mexican Fed in trouble from FIFA?

3. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I think it was mostly a bunch of Mexican fans in the area that could not sell their tickets on stubhub who were like well, I will still go to the game and make a fool out of myself.

russ and Hawkfan_08 repped this.
  4. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    #754 Excellency, Jul 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    Altidore and Dempsey don't get behind defenses when playing across the front line. Morris and Wood do.

FJ gets beat inside which is why he is often played on the wing as a fb or mid (in a 4 man midfield).

Nagbe is a dribbler and gives you little else. You have no link between back line and front line.

5. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    The Confeds won't be played in Qatar because it will be played in the summer.

FIFA didn't (or couldn't) disrupt the calendar for clubs for two years in a row.

It has nothing to do with a lack of preparation or conditions in the winter.