USA v Mexico: Columbus, OH: Nov 11, 2016

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Real Corona, Sep 7, 2016.

1. phillyfan593

phillyfan593 Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Can someone put the USA membership link on here so I can sign up? Does it cost money? This whole process is an absolute joke. A lottery? Seriously? It should be first come first serve. That's the right thing to do. You're going to penalize people that sign up first. Stupid

2. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's too late to sign up for US membership. Going to have to get in the public sale

3. Stubhub will have very limited inventory (they don't allow fans to sell mobile ticket, brokers only)
    Vivid Seats seems to have speculative inventory.
    Either way be carefull buying on CL.
    Best bet is somebody you know or SH or VS or some other reputable internet scalper site.

4. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vivid is a legit site but I wouldn't buy speculative tickets.

5. delpy88

delpy88 Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vivid will have more inventory because they are a little more lenient on who can sell mobile tickets on their site.

6. You sound like someone who knows.... i.e a broker.

7. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    has anyone received the USSC 'choice' email yet?

8. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Choice?

9. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    ha..i said the same thing. AO tweet said if you are USSC and AO member that USSC will send lottery invite (not AO), in which they'll ask to pick either USSC or AO lottery.

Regardless, i haven't received either USSC or AO 'invite' to the lottery.

10. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yeah I got that email AFTER I had already applied. Oh well I figure I probably have better odds as a supposedly gold member than with the unwashed masses. I clicked I would accept a $500 ticket which is terrifying to me. Haha

11. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    damn... haven't received anything. oh well. patience is a virtue....i think.

12. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    I assume you're a doctor.

wixson7 repped this.
  13. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know they are releasing emails in waves to avoid blowing up their feeble server capacity.

14. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    ha...edited it quickly but not quick enough. damn you internet!

puttputtfc repped this.
  15. UnitedBorn

UnitedBorn Member+

Dec 7, 2015
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got an email from AO around 1 et with lottery link and times.

16. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Don't fret. You have until Thursday, Sept. 29 at 2 p.m. ET to apply. No first come, first served or hitting a Ticketmaster pre-sale when it goes live like the pre-lottery days.

17. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So TicketBastard can handle selling out an 80000 seat stadium for the Rolling Stones in 20 minutes but is overwhelmed by selling 22,000 seat for a soccer game without a 24 hour rolling lottery process?

18. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's us soccer that appears unable to handle the process.

19. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    im in the same boat but i topped out at the $218 ticket....went with the USSSC lottery rather than Sammers and started with the endline but worked my way up

20. superlimey

superlimey Member

Jun 7, 1999
    Boulder, CO
    I want to apply but am worried what will happen if I'm sick or something comes up and I can't go as it looks like there is no way to transfer/sell tickets if you can't use them? Does anyone know any more about this and if it will be possible to transfer tickets later? It's a lot of money to lose if something happens and you can't make it.

21. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    We decided to apply for only the least expensive endline tickets. If I can't get my first choice as a "Gold" USSSC member, what good or how fair is it? We aren't willing to pay over $100 for tickets for what is already becoming an overly expensive trip because of the short time frame to buy flights with a lottery notification date of October 13th. If we don't get tickets, oh well? Don't get me started about "mobile tickets only."

No offense to Columbus Crew supporters, but I hope this is the last time the USA-Mexico home WCQ is at Columbus Crew Stadium, a place of which I am very fond. This match up should be at a NFL size stadium rather than putting supporters, including hard core ones, through an unnecessary lottery for tickets. This lottery will shut out even Columbus Crew STH's and SG's, so why have the match there if they can't get in while more well heeled traveling people who will fork over $100 up to over $500 for a ticket will attend? Other than the obvious answer, $.

Mexico supporters will find a way. They always do. We were some of the few US supporters at last October's Rose Bowl match in a section allocated for presale to USSSC members. I think the area was over 90% Mexico support, which bugged me only because it meant that US supporters with presale access to tickets used the game as a money making proposition through scalping websites.

If the demand exists for a lottery process at a properly sized stadium, I would accept it. For a MLS stadium, it's just a money grab at the expense of the people who have supported the sport and the national team when few cared. I believe that this will be the first USMNT match, other than the World Cup Finals, that motivated people with presale access will not get tickets. In the past, if you hit the TM presale (and I believe the AO sale) when it went live, you got the tickets you wanted.

thethinwhiteduke repped this.
  22. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    you will almost certainly be able to transfer, it will just be a transfer as an electronic ticket

23. delpy88

delpy88 Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Depends if US soccer "turns on" the transfer option. It will be interesting to see if that option is available. If they are trying to cut out ticket resell, they might not turn it on. If the purpose of Mobile tickets is to stop counterfeits, then they might allow tickets to be transferred.

24. Transfer person to person maybe, but not to Stubhub or VividSeats.