USA Scarves?

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by soccerislife7, Nov 28, 2008.

1. HSH_b

HSH_b New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sending priority mail 2-3 day shipping time. All out of state orders are being processed tonight and then I'll process the rest of the orders tomorrow and Thursday.
    I would expect most people will recieve their scarves between Friday & Saturday.

2. ryebreadraz

ryebreadraz Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome! Thanks for all the work you guys put in.

3. jericho

jericho Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    also if you still want to order scarves or shirts and pick up at Ruby Tuesday please contact us as we will be manning a pickup area at the bar Tuesday and Wednesday (before the game)

4. HSH_b

HSH_b New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. narko

narko New Member

Jul 16, 2007
    North Carolina
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. ryebreadraz

ryebreadraz Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They came out look great! I can't wait until mine comes.

7. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    damn we need some NYC / USA scarves....

8. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    FWIW: There are still plenty of scarves available, so if you want one, and in particular, in time for the U.S. vs. Mexico WCQ next week, send me payment today via PayPal:

[​IMG]

Again as a reminder: the cost is $25 per scarf and that includes shipping via USPS Priority mail, so if you submit your order today via PayPal you should get your scarf by Monday, Tuesday at the latest.

I'm sure I'm not the only one hoping to sea a "sea of red" in Columbus on Wednesday, even if I can only join in the fun from a bar stool in Cambridge, and I'd like nothing better than to see a ton of scarves in the stands showing support for the U.S.

Cheers everyone,

Evan

9. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Received mine in the mail today. Nice job, thanks.

10. ryebreadraz

ryebreadraz Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got home. Its great!!!!!

11. Lolonearbyyolo

Apr 17, 2006
    Section 138
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got mine. Thanks! They look great.

12. JGillon21

JGillon21 New Member

Nov 11, 2007
    Morganton NC
    Still waiting on mine...

I hope they arrive on Monday before my flight on Tuesday.

13. hoboken16

hoboken16 Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Jersey City, NJ USA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whatever happened with that, I have my NJ Brigade Scarf but an NYC one would be nice as well

14. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Good morning everyone,

I just wanted to pass along a quick thank you to everyone who has purchased one of my scarves to this point. As of this morning I have sold a total of 100 out of the 150 I had made, most all of them having been shipped in time for receipt prior to the U.S. vs. Mexico WCQ this coming Wednesday.

[​IMG]

To this point scarves have been purchased by supporters in New York, Texas, Maryland, Alabama, Kansas, New Jersey, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Virginia, Massachusetts, Iowa, Arizona, Ohio, Wisconsin, Washington, Indiana, California, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, North Carolina, Arkansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Colorado, Nebraska, Illinois, with one request coming all the way from Spain.

BTW: Kudos to the supporters in Ohio as they’ve purchased the most scarves from any state.

That begin said, scarves are still available for $25 dollars each, the preferred method of payment being PayPal to evan_whitney@harvard.edu. If you’d like to p[ay by personal check just drop me an email or PM on Bigsoccer.

Cheers, and thanks for your support!

Evan

15. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just a reminder ... if anyone's interested, these scarves are still available. I know quite a few people grabbed one at Claddagh's (on both nights).

16. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Still plenty of scarves left.

17. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I think I wanted to buy 1 at the game, but that wasn't happening with the weather and drunkiness and all.... Are they available on Yanks ABroad?

18. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Mine aren't, but the ones made by local Crew supporters may be.

19. HSH_b

HSH_b New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Commemorative Scarves we made are completely sold out!

Thanks to everyone that bought one, two or five and for making the USA game a special one that I will never forget!

20. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They were great scarves. Nice job. I lost mine in a wind gust leaving the stadium. I consider it my gift to the soccer gods. My only hope is that a US fan found it and gave it a good home.

21. HSH_b

HSH_b New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've lost my scarf before, thats why when I'm not in the stands of my home stadium it's tied on my neck. ;)

22. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Be like me. Own one of these.

23. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Have about 30 scarves in total left to sell.

24. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Just an FYI for those who may not have tracked this down at the beginning of the thread:

Over a month ago I got 150 scarves featuring the following design done up by my friends at http://www.sportscarf.com. They've done a fantastic job in the past, having made the run of scarves I designed for World Cup 2006 in Germany, as well as the 'Recuerden Corea' scarves for the last U.S. vs. Mexico WCQ in Columbus, OH:

[​IMG]

* The cost per scarf will be $25 each. This price includes shipping which I'll do both to the U.S. & abroad. Whenever possible I'll send them out via USPS Priority Mail. If you purchase multiple scarves the cost will still be $25 each.

* I am still taking orders via PayPal and via personal check. Payments via PayPal can be processed by sending me money to my email at evan_whitney@harvard.edu. Personal checks may be made out to me and sent to the following address: Evan Whitney, Holyoke Center 1060, 1350 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge, MA 02138.

* I have approx. 30 scarves left out of the original order, and at this point, I have no plans to do another run, so if you want one, get your order in soon.

So that's the deal people. If anyone has questions please send me an email or drop me a PM.

Evan
    aka "The Magpie"[/QUOTE]

25. dcScotty

dcScotty Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Magpie,

I've gotten so many compliments about the scarf. One of my clients noticed it today at the office (I've hung about 6 scarves in my cube). Thanks again!