USA.Mexico Commemorative Scarf :: Now Available!

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by fidlerre, Jul 7, 2005.

1. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    [​IMG]

Now available for purchase!

The front features a stylized USA badge with the USA/Mexico match date and location, and the slogan "Road to the World Cup, Germany 2006." The back features "Remember Korea" in Spanish as the primary design element and the memory of the US's thrilling 2-0 defeat of Mexico during the 2002 World Cup, along with the United State Stars & Stripes at each end.

[​IMG]
    Front

[​IMG]
    Back

This scarf is a limited-edition production and no orders or scarves will be available for US Soccer fans after July 29th when ordering ends, so get your orders in today or you'll miss out on this one-time opportunity. A special thanks to The Magpie for all his hard work and excellent final design!

Each scarf is $20.
    Add $4 for shipping per order.

Order it today! - Orders will be shipped via USPS First Class Mail in mid-August.

2. The Greatest

The Greatest New Member

Jan 19, 2005
    Ohio
    Looks great. Definately getting one.

3. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
    Ordered! THx Magpie and Rich!

-Country over club
    -Walk the Walk

4. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Awesome!!!

I'm ordering two of them.

5. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Just FYI, but I believe the fringe will be red, white, and blue for this design.

The Magpie

6. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
  7. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    Please send one to:

Presidente Francisco Gabriel De Anda
    Federacion Mexicana de Futbol Asociacion
    Colima 373
    Col. Roma Norte
    C.P. 06700 Mexico D.F

:)

8. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
  9. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Just bought 3 of them, sweet!

10. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    Wow, these look great! Will definately buy one. Hopefully a bunch of there people buy them too.

Pass the word (and links) to your friends and the email lists!

11. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That's a pretty good idea. So who gets to officially order this one, or should we send him a free one? :D

12. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    Cobi Jones would be glad to.. :cool:

13. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
  14. edlova

edlova Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Somerville, MA
    ok ordered my two

thanks guys, I love it

15. edlova

edlova Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Somerville, MA
  16. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    C'mon y'all, get in those orders!

17. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    I want one but gotta see what the money situation is like first...already dropping about $100 on this trip...

18. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Folks, we are approaching 100 scarves ordered...I have to drop a # of scarves to produce tomorrow morning to the manufacturer.

As it stands I am going to order 150, when supplies run out that'll be it regardless of the date -- get orders in ASAP -- if sales pick-up then I'll put in an order of 200.

19. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Excellent! Man, what I wouldn't do to see the Sam's Army/U.S. supporters' section look something like this:

[​IMG]

The Magpie

20. edlova

edlova Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Somerville, MA

ironically I was just coming on this post to ask how many you guys sold so far

Magpie, is that pic from a German team?

21. bostonbully

bostonbully New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston, MA
    This ROCKS!!! Great photo.

Just a suggestion: I noticed in the picture that all of the scarfs are RED, like the fans' shirts (duh). The scarfs really added in its entirety to their sea of red. Even the scarfs that have more writing on them all have something in common, and that is the base color, or background if you will, is RED.

If we want to further promote our cause in our attempts at a sea of RED, perhaps we too should base all scarfs in red forever more. I realize the scarf for this match does indeed have red in them, but if you look at the picture, it seems to make a big difference if the base color is red (not the lettering). It adds more to it.

Personally I think the blue background/base color makes the scarf itself look better, but I think having the base red would add to the true effect we're trying to create -- and that is a sea of red.

Background/base in RED.
    Lettering in BLUE.

22. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Interesting point by BB.

Regardless, just sent my order in for 1.

23. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    He does make a good point, and there were versions of the final design with a red background/base color, but those weren't the most popular, at least based on feedback in this forum.

In any event, this design should turn out nicely, and will provide a bit of a contrast to most other custom U.S. scarves having been mad recently that have a primary red color.

I'd just like to see 1,500 - 2,000 in the Sam's Army/U.S. supporters' section for this match holding scarves aloft, wearing a sea of red...

The Magpie

24. bostonbully

bostonbully New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Along with my little suggestion, I should have also said that I LOVE the scarf. It looks sharp. Nice job to those who designed it!

See you in Columbus.

25. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Who says you can't have two scarves at the match? The red Sam's Army one, and the commemorative one, for example?

With that said, i'm having some difficulty with PayPal. I click on the "add to card" on the HPI page, then enter my order, and finally click "secure checkout." When I get to the "Add Credit or Debit Card", I enter my card information and it says "This credit card is already registered in your PayPal account." I seem to be doing everything right, but how should I do it?

Would it be better just to send Fid the money through paypal's "send money" option, along with a note saying what it is?

I obviously don't use paypal a lot, I think the last time I used it was in 2001 or something... Any help would be appreciated.