PBP: USA-Japan: Oly group play

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by dianamo-superstriker, Aug 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Full time: 1-0

2. MyInnerJock

MyInnerJock New Member

Aug 5, 2008
    LA's sandbox
    You'll break into easy, trust me. Just don't become a drone as it happens all too often in this field.

3. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    good effort.
    sooo happy we won.
    still not impressed with this team. HAO is playing well and very happy with her. A-rod created some nice opps, but now needs to breathe and finish
    Solo has made a few very bad mistakes. But i always though Barnhart has played just as well if not better than her this year.

4. htide

htide Member

Jul 28, 2007
    apparently we have the invisible woman on the field because i saw her get all kinds of passes

5. htide

htide Member

Jul 28, 2007
    once my debts paid off, im done.

6. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Perhaps the ref from Thailand was chosen bc she could communicate in the English and Japanese LANGUAGES..

7. MyInnerJock

MyInnerJock New Member

Aug 5, 2008
    LA's sandbox
    Hey, the asian teams are suppose to have the 12th player in the crowd (although I didn't hear them today) so we might as well have our invisie player.

8. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. htide

htide Member

Jul 28, 2007
    knife-wielding Chinese man attacked two relatives of a coach for the U.S. Olympic men's volleyball team at a tourist site in Beijing, killing one and injuring the other on the first day of the Olympics on Saturday, team officials and state media said

The man then committed suicide by throwing himself from the second story of the site, the 13th century Drum Tower just five miles from the main Olympics site.:eek:

WTF

10. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    There was no analysis to be given but the poster's point that Brandi wasn't giving Hope any credit..I countered that w/ an example to the contrary.

11. htide

htide Member

Jul 28, 2007
    ahh... i see.

12. MyInnerJock

MyInnerJock New Member

Aug 5, 2008
    LA's sandbox
    What? Did that Li guy from Canada's Greyhound beheading escape?

13. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Part of the problem is that they play soccer while the other teams play football; imo, it's part of the cultural thing to which some posters alluded in another thread.

The aggravating thing is that lack of quality passes through the middle. Also, they have to get out of the habit of playing "Abby ball". Abby's not there..so stop booting the forward ball as she's going to be there to knock it in. In reality, that's not a good way to play the game in general.

Overall, the US played much better than they did in Wednesday's match. Better communication and more aggressiveness. At least the US showed the desire to win.

14. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Sorry. It's late for me. It could very well be the reason for the Asian ref, but the Norwegians speak English, so, no need for a Euro ref. Not that I care enough to debate it ... :eek: It's late. Ignore me.

15. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    No worries..I can do that! :D

16. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator