USA England, Wembley Stadium, May 28 2008

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Galaxian, Mar 20, 2008.

1. ironduke2010

ironduke2010 Member

Mar 18, 2005
    A2, MI USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    anyone get an email or anything regarding this ussf party? cuz, you know, if they don't tell anyone......

2. getme2thegalaxy

getme2thegalaxy New Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Thanks to Chase for organising the supporters game, it's going to be amazing! Since coming to tryout for the LA Galaxy last year I've been captured by the MLS and US footy as a whole.

I have made a little preview video of the supporters game on Tuesday. I am proud that as an Englishman I have been drafted in to play for Uncle Sam's army and to prove my worth I have made a tribute video as to why I love the US of A.
    http://www.paynesintheass.com/usa.wmv

Roll on Tuesday, I'll be knocking them in for the team and Wednesday I'll be in the US section for that other, less-important game.

If anyone's around on Tuesday, don't forget to come to Wembley Park to watch the game!

3. MakingNews

MakingNews Member

Jul 8, 2003
    Detroit, MI
    We're planning on hitting the supporters game, but what's the info for the USSF gathering. Is it impossible hit both?

4. ScottyB10

ScottyB10 Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Waco, Texas
    That video's great, nicely done

5. usagunner12

usagunner12 New Member

Dec 1, 2003
    Norman, OK
    Here's the USSF e-mail regarding the supporters party they put together:

From the U.S. Soccer Events Department

USA v England Traveling Fans Reception
    Tuesday, May 27th, 2008

U.S. Soccer and AEG, the company behind the LA Galaxy, would like to offer a meeting place for traveling U.S. National Team supporters at one of AEG's other ventures – The O2 in London.

One of The O2’s top bars, the American Bar and Grill, is happy to host U.S. fans to meet the night before the big game.

The O2, located just 15 minutes from the center of town, is easy to get to via the Jubilee underground line.

Why not go along for a pre-match warm-up and a chance to meet up with fellow U.S. fans between 7 p.m. and 11 p.m. on Tuesday, May 27th?

The American Bar and Grill is just inside the main entrance of The O2. Don’t forget to bring your USA scarf!!

http://www.theo2.co.uk/location/getting-there.html

Approximately 30 minutes by Thames Clipper boat from Embankment Pier
    Approximately 15 minutes from Waterloo on the Jubilee Line to North Greenwich

P.S.: For those fans who have arranged to pick up their tickets at Wembley Stadium on the day of the game, U.S. Soccer will send instructions within the next 24 hours.

6. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Green Man will be right next to the Fan Friendly match , its right near Wembley, and will be an awesome English atmosphere.

If US soccer had worked together with us earlier I would definitely stop by the o2, but I would way rather be at the Green Man come Tuesday night.

Come on US !

Ill see you in London.

7. 4-4-2

4-4-2 Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Berlin, Germany
    No one goes to the O2. It's on the complete opposite side of the city from Wembley and completely mis-timed. Way to drop the ball on this on USSF. See you all at the Green Man and The Fan Match! I was in London on Wed for the Champions League final and am totally stoked for this week. Hopefully my team does better in this match than on Wed.

Bis dann! von Berlin.

8. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm off to the airport, see you all in London !

Chase

9. usagunner12

usagunner12 New Member

Dec 1, 2003
    Norman, OK
    Off to Chicago tomorrow afternoon, then London on Sunday morning; looking forward to seeing everyone at the Fan's Match, Green Man, and game on Wednesday!

10. FCDallasAddie

FCDallasAddie Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Dallas, Tx
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm...same here! See you guys there!