US WNT vs. China in Philadelphia 10/6/10

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by TheSmoke, Sep 29, 2010.

1. fire123

fire123 Member+

Jul 31, 2009
    Noticed and wondered is a great way to set some facts straight. ;)

2. alckz

alckz Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    The question still stands genius: which forwards on the last 3 years of wnt player pools comes close to wambach's caps to goals ratio?

3. fire123

fire123 Member+

Jul 31, 2009
    I've already answered that question.
    Who cares? What does it have anything to do with the discussion about Kai?

If you want to make a case about something, anything, make it. Why do I have to go look up some statistics for you?

4. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I care because it adds to the advancement and the probability of success of the team. It is relevant to the discussion of Kai because she was for a while the apparent heir (aka the only person producing 2nd to Abby aka close to her ratio.)

You can't keep riding the aging Abby train. She's a worker and she's more than proved herself, but she can't stop the inevitable. If there's no one (or more) there to take on that spot. Then you have to essentially tear down and redo the whole team. We're going to have to re-load our magazines while everyone else has their bazookas and are going full blast a-go (because they took the time to develop players and didn't care about politics b/c they wanted the best.

I only brought up Tasha in the first place because she had (IMO still has) so much potential. If I were the heads back then I would have groomed her top to bottom to be the heir (or one of the heirs to the throne). I probably wouldn't have played her until after a year and a half had pass, but I would have been running her like mad in all the practices, drills, ect. You don't have Lilly compare you to Michelle Akers if you're average.

The midfield is experiencing the same problem. We're f**ked when Boxxy hangs her little Legends up. If we don't act NOW.

The girls are out there but you have to do more than just "look at them" and see where they fit NOW. You have to see where they will be in the future. Who they could be.

5. fire123

fire123 Member+

Jul 31, 2009
    I agree with everything you said except about Kai.

Kai might have been something ... but 67 games already. She has had more chances than most but she is still not someone you can depend on for 90mins. When she becomes healthy again, she is good to come off the bench at the 70min mark is what I see for her. Sorry Kai but she is not someone you want to build your team around.

I think this is as much as I want to discuss Kai. Say what you want and let's move on.

6. alckz

alckz Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    The case is with YOU bringing up the STATISTIC that kai has only a 67 caps/24 goals ratio when it IS the best record after Abby. So make sure you research your data before you bring stuff on the table.

7. fire123

fire123 Member+

Jul 31, 2009
    I was willing to let it go but you keep pestering me ...
    The data i posted was in response to this:
    Second after to Abby or not, it's not about that of Abby. Do I need to spell out anything else for you?

8. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    I digress.

I followed up this post with what I originally meant to write and was clear that Kai's minutes played per points scored is that of Abby's.

you saw the post.

9. fire123

fire123 Member+

Jul 31, 2009
    Here we go again. I thought we covered that too.

1) If you want to make that claim, show some statistics.

2) If Kai scored 1G in 30 mins, it does not mean she can score 3G in 90. She is the type of players who expends energy greatly. There are many games when she played the full 90 and was less productive.

10. alckz

alckz Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    ...and here YOU go again. But for once, you're right. It won't take her 90 minutes to score 3 goals, it only took 75 minutes vs Canada. No wonder wikipedia was created...

11. soccerbs

soccerbs Red Card

Jun 14, 2006
    How did this become a Kai thread?

12. fire123

fire123 Member+

Jul 31, 2009
    I think everyone has left this thread. :rolleyes:

Do you understand the meaning of the word "statistics"? It's a collection of a set of data. Do you know what you provided? A single data point.

Statistics is like this:
    Kai
    6/11/08 vs Can, 90 mins, 0G
    7/2/08 vs Norway, 90 mins, 0G
    8/6/08 vs Nor, 90 mins, 0G
    11/5/08 vs Kor, , 90 mins, 0G
    3/11/09 vs Sweden, 90 mins, 0G
    and many more.

Mixed in there were games when she scored 0, 1, 2 with less minutes. Most games when she played 90min, she was very unproductive.

The game when she scored 3 was an anomaly, not statistics.