US vs. CAN :: San Diego CA :: 1.22.06

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Bigdog, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I bought through Sams Army because I wanted to sit with everyone at the game , and it will be more fun , but I think USD might be the easier way to go. It just depends what you want.

2. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Forgot to tell everyone...

As of last week, Teresa said the stadium was about half full. But that she expected sales to pick up closer to time.

I told her I didn't think USSF had done a good job of advertising the match, especially locally.

Cmon guys, get on the horn and get people at the ticket office!

3. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    I think the USSF ticket office has bigger things to worry about right now than a friendly vs. Canada....just sayin'...

4. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did she mention how many had sold for the Norway game?
    I hope she mentioned me getting WC tickets.. thatd be sweet :D

5. El Chuma

El Chuma BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 17, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi, yes I am. I just go down there for a hoot once in a while. :cool:

6. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right on. Have at it.

For those still wanting to party in SD, is it going to be Hennessey's Tavern in Pacific Beach?

7. captdf

captdf Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Irvine, CA, USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did any one else order their tickets by fax for the Norway or Canada matches? I ordered mine several weeks ago, my faxes went through, but my credit card has not been charged, nor have I received the tickets. I sent an e-mail to US Soccer and they said they got my orders but my credit card has still yet to be charged. Anyone else know what is going on with the tickets?

8. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are there still Sam's Army seats for this game? A friend of mine is going into the Marines and we were talking about taking a little vacation and I casually through out either San Diego for this game or LA for the Norway game. Anyone know if there are still sams army tickets left for either game? We might have to plan our vacation around availability.

9. DirtyDefender

DirtyDefender Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I just booked Saturday night at Diamond Head Inn.

http://diamond-head-inn.pacificahost.com/

I'll be heading down early Saturday and spending the day in San Diego.

Saturday night I'll be at Hennessey's.

Sunday, I will be getting to the stadium early to do some BBQ'ing and kick a ball around.

10. captdf

captdf Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Irvine, CA, USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For those of you who faxed in your Sam's Army ticket order,
    I got an e-mail from U.S. Soccer today...

"We will be mailing the tickets for the U.S. vs. Canada match
    tomorrow, Monday, January 9th, as we have just received
    those tickets in our offices this Friday. You should receive
    the tickets for the U.S. vs. Norway match relatively shortly
    as they were placed in the mail on January 3, 2006. If you
    do not receive those tickets by Wednesday, January 11,
    please notify us and we will follow up on your order.
    Thank you for your patience."

11. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure , but I would say yeah . You can just check Sams Army website and then give them a call or something . I don't think it will be a problem. Hope to see you there .

12. jscott23

jscott23 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 24, 2003
    Poway, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will have tailgate and parking info up tomorrow here and on the Sam's Army site.

Jeff

13. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    my mom will be in San Diego starting Saturday. anybody know what hotel the US team is staying at? My mom is at the Town & Country Resort & Convention Ctr.

14. El Chuma

El Chuma BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 17, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any updates I am dying to know!!!

15. jscott23

jscott23 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 24, 2003
    Poway, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a formal invitation to all Sammers, and other USMNT fans to join me and 103+ of my closest friends at a tailgate event prior to the US v. Canada game atTorero Stadium, on the campus of USD on Sunday June 22nd.

We will be parking at the San Diego County Office of Education (http://www.sdcoe.k12.ca.us/map.asp) located at the corner of Linda Vista Road and Via Las Cumbres, one block north of the Stadium. Parking is free (they have several hundred spaces) and what's more it is not on campus. Hence, no campus police to bar alcohol or BBQ's. Trying to tailgate on campus is nearly impossible, and parking is so limited that getting together in large numbers before the game is a challenge too. It is a short walk (500 yards) to Torero Stadium which is across the street and down the hill.

If there is enough interest we can have a pick-up game on the grass at neighboring Francis Parker School. Bring your own stuff to grill, BBQ's and beverages. Please realise that we are on the property of a public agency and we will need to clean up thoroghly after we are done. This lot was used extensively for fans of the WUSA's SD Spirit, and it is easy to get in and out of. Access to I-5, I-8 and Hwy 163 is simple and close.

Wear your Red (White and Blue) to support the States and please stop by to say hello. We will have several resident Canadian fans, so please be cordial. All are welcome.

Jeff

16. ucsdguy

ucsdguy New Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Jeff,
    Myself and some members of my group will probably be joining you. Thanks for the info and look forward to meeting everyone.

17. DirtyDefender

DirtyDefender Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I'm in for a pickup game. Will bring my cleats.

What time do we want to get started?

18. USAClash

USAClash Member

Feb 9, 1999
    Anyone in SD have a sense of how ticket sales are going for this match? It should be a fun atmosphere if it sells out.

19. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My tickets got here today for the SA section . I'm bringing a couple of friends with me for their first time. Cant wait for the game, it's gonna be a lot of fun .

20. Quaker

Quaker Member+

FC Dallas
    Apr 19, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My tickets arrived yesterday (Sam's Army section), but unfortunately we can't make the trip down to San Diego. If you're interested in the two tickets, please PM me. May be willing to cut you a deal if you promise to wear red and cheer/sing like crazy for the Yanks! :D

21. Supersuperman99

Supersuperman99 New Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Im coming in from LA need some help on directions to the game. Im taking the Amtrak train and will be there way before the match planning on crossing the border around noon time should be back by 3 what trolley runs from the border to the stadium and whats the nearest station closest to stadium and if i have to walk how far is it please help coming in from LA the day of. its been a long time since I had to rely on public transportion. Any pointers will be very appriciated.

22. jscott23

jscott23 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 24, 2003
    Poway, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Take the trolley from the border back into downtown and up to the Morena/Linda Vista stop. You ride the Blue Line all the way. (http://www.transit-rider.com/ca.sandiego/sdtrolley.cfm)
    When you get off the trolley, walk 100 NW to the corner of Napa and Linda Vista Rds. Go up the hill about a half mile (3 or 4 long blocks) to the stadium, which will be on your left. If you venture up another block on the right, you can join a number of us locals and a good many Sam's Army folks at our tailgate. Introduce yourself. Ask for Jeff Scott.

23. Supersuperman99

Supersuperman99 New Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    thanks for the info I will defently meet up with some of you guys.

24. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, how many are heading to Hennessey's in Pacific Beach on Saturday night??

I'll be there, wearing a USA Bomber jacket, by around 7 pm!!

Hope to meet some USMNT fans, as well as some fellow "Riot Squad" members!!

25. DirtyDefender

DirtyDefender Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I'll be there around 7:00 with my Dad.

We'll be wearing some kind of Patriotic attire.

Anybody else interested in a pick up game Sunday?