US v T&T • DSGP • June 8

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by unkiemark, Apr 2, 2017.

1. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    It's an honor and a treat to have a WC qualifier at Dick's. Loved the atmosphere last night (although my 12 year old son was a bit shocked at the quantity of beer cans in and around the trash receptacles).

T&T was darn close to scoring in the first half. In the second half it looked like Pulisic was put a bit higher up the pitch and boy does he have a sense of timing!

Still can't believe Timmy Howard is the Rapids keeper!

Going forward, the USMNT has to be better at defending. Doubt they'll get a result in Azteca.

kucsdat and jayd8888 repped this.
  2. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    Totally. I am very well versed on MLS and Rapids attendance. The record at Dick's Sporting Goods Park is 19,680 on the Fourth of July game with Blanco. I was just pointing out that it felt more crowded to me yesterday that at that "Blanco" game I was at both. The standing room only looked like it was three deep during that game, and as Jason says they were not allowed to sell standing room only yesterday, adding all that together it makes sense. Many people were just standing on the catwalk checking out the game from there, not standing room only patrons. It was still very crowded yesterday.

When I was stuck in the line getting in I thought to myself "why am I rewarding the Rapids this season? I shouldn't be dropping money like that on this event." And then I remembered... "USA fired Jurgen! Thank god! You have to support that!"

COMtnGuy, kucsdat, Dom. FC and 2 others repped this.
  3. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    It was fun. That's good info on the standing room, I didn't know that.

4. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AlbertCamus, kucsdat and jayd8888 repped this.
  5. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO