US/Portugal - Manaus - 6/22/14

Discussion in 'USA Men: World Cup Fans & Travel' started by wixson7, Dec 11, 2013.

1. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Rumble in the jungle...

2. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Putting this here from another thread. And this website still has the hotel available as well. (https://www.hotel.info/Homepage?lng=EN&han=5078028) Its in a central location, lots of US fans and reasonable price. Looks like 2 nite minimum,. Im there from 21-23.

Hey, just a heads up, I just booked at Hotel Monaco in Manaus through the site http://www.malapronta.com.br/, looks like there are still rooms left on that site. Got a confirmation email from the hotel, too, saying it was legitimate. US fans, go book there, we'll make it our home base.
    Dwbakke, 4 minutes agoReport

3. derinho

derinho Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Brazil
    Club:
    Nacional Manaus
    Hi, Im from Manaus and I'm a huge USMNT and MLS fan. If you need some information about the city you can contact me ;)

yankthisyank'swank and wixson7 repped this.
  4. Gratefulphish41

Jul 10, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Party's at the Hotel Monaco.

5. sethuel1

sethuel1 Member

Mar 23, 2006
    New Orleans, LA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone applying through through the USSSC that isn't using their full allocation and is willing to throw me on their app? I'm in a group of 5 going to the game so we've got an application of 4 and I'm the odd man out.

Alternatively, anyone staying in the northeast and skipping this game and looking to get rid of a ticket?

Msg me. Thanks.

6. Fussballman 7

Fussballman 7 Member

Oct 29, 2000
    Dresden, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any hotel availability anywhere in Manaus or close to Manaus? This is crazy.

7. LuciusG

LuciusG New Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Club:
    DC United
    Sethuel, I may be able to. We haven't put in for tickets yet.

This is my first time dealing with this. Do the paid US Soccer memberships give you a better shot at getting tickets than the free membership? Can you have multiple people put in for tickets with the same group (i.e., all members of our group submit ticket requests individually for all in our group?)

8. Dwbakke

Dwbakke Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Arlington, VA
    I don't know if they still have anything available, but this place had rooms when I emailed them a few days ago: http://hoteltalissa.com.br/

9. sethuel1

sethuel1 Member

Mar 23, 2006
    New Orleans, LA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read somewhere that a number of the hotels in Manaus have blocked out their rooms in order to try and get the teams themselves to stay there for the games. That, along with the hotel rooms that will inevitably open up after MATCH drops their holds on hotel rooms from the packages they fail to sell, means that you probably shouldn't freak out about not having a room right now. As long as you stay alert one will open up later.

Real Corona and wixson7 repped this.
  10. sethuel1

sethuel1 Member

Mar 23, 2006
    New Orleans, LA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome, thanks.

here's a link to the FAQ for WC tickets: http://www.ussoccer.com/tournaments/fifa-world-cup/2014-fifa-world-cup/world-cup-tickets-faq.aspx

The rumor is that paid members do get priority, and paid members who have been members for longer will get first dibs. I've not seen that in print from anywhere official though.

11. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Hotel Monaco..... Has anyone else gotten their credit card charged yet? I haven't.....not worried but i guess i am..

12. Gratefulphish41

Jul 10, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Was worries about that too. When I inquired was told that as long as you got confirmation you should be all set. Won't charge until your stay.

13. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like we are with you all at Hotel Monaco, but only for the 19th and 20th.

Still looking for 21st and 22nd but it's good to hear sethuel's theory about hotel's blacking out rooms.

I'm not surprised as I could find the Intercity for four nights (at an unreasonable $350) but not for a single night on the 22nd. That of course means the room is there, just that some policies the hotel is going with means they won't let you have it for just two nights.

14. DCU_USMNT

DCU_USMNT Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are at Monaco, 6/21-6/25. No charge on my CC also, sent an e-mail a week ago to hotel reservations but no reply. A confirmation from the hotel would be a plus but hoping everything works out. Do you all thing they will be enforcing # of people/room? With no hotel availability in a reasonable range, will be 3 of us in a single twin-bed room.

15. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    I booked Hotel Express Vierialves. I had to book directly with the hotel as there was no availability on hotels.com/booking.com/etc. There are four hotels owned by the same group in Manaus (links on the website) and 3 of them had rooms available when I booked.

16. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you mind if we ask how much?

Looks like $225 per night on their site unfortunately.

17. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    I paid $576 for 3 nights. I was ready to take anything, frankly at that point. Seems a decent if basic hotel, relatively new.

18. Gratefulphish41

Jul 10, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If anyone has a line on a solid one day river tour, let me know.

19. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I chuckled when I misread this to ask: if anyone has a line on a solid one-way river tour.

20. Gratefulphish41

Jul 10, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hmmm, not so much interested in those.

21. TimmyHoward

TimmyHoward Member

Jun 18, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been looking the past week or so to book a round trip flight from Miami to Manaus. I think everyone already knew this, but American Airlines should have to answer to someone for the price of their flights. In June a flight round trip on their website is nearly $2,600. A month before is $700. Now I realize it is the World Cup, but a $2,000 price jump in a month? Ladies and Gentlemen price gouging at its finest, all right here in the good ole US of A!

22. DCU_USMNT

DCU_USMNT Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With only 1 flight a day from MIA to MAO, unlikely prices will come down unless they add flights. Try Multi-City search through SAO or RIO and see if prices are any better. Good luck..

23. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dont forget Brasilia. Most of the flights from SP connect in BSB. Many people dont know that there are direct flights from ATL, Detroit, IAD and I think MIA to Brasilia.
    Could be an option. Or then again, not.

Also, Just saw that Azul will be offering online arrangements with United starting before the WC. This means that you can travel on one ticket connecting btw United international flight and Azul domestic connection.

24. cossack

cossack Member

Loons
    United States
    Mar 5, 2001
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Outside of match day.... Anyone care to share what jungle tour operator you're using? I'd like to do an overnight like river cruise coupled with remote tree camp. Got a bundle of options when queried but wanted perspective on content and price. Thanks.

25. honkifulovemls

Sep 5, 2001
    NY/MA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Iguana Turismo's 4 day/3 night trekking package. It's costing me $1,000 BRL (which includes a private room for myself the first night).