US Lower Division news, 2019

Discussion in 'US Women's Lower Divisions' started by SiberianThunderT, Jan 14, 2019.

1. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    We're still quite a ways away from the summer season, but I thought it would be a good idea to simply pool all discussion into one thread unless/until it looks like there's enough to talk about to spin separate threads off.

The big reason I wanted to start this thread is a single move that may mean a lot and may mean nothing:
    The RSL organization last week announced that they're shuttering their UWS team, RSL Women, and instead beginning a WPSL team (returning to the league after a few years in UWS) with the Utah Royals Reserves. Not gonna help endear the two leagues to each other at all. X-D

2. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Here's a fun thing: interleague play!
    https://www.michiganmilkcup.com/new...-to-include-mens-womens-and-youth-tournaments
    Two local(?) teams will play in a play-in round, with the winner joining the two MI-based WPSL teams and five of the six MI-based UWS teams for a berth in the final, where the winner gets $5k and the loser $1.5k. I don't know what operating budgets are for all these DII-and-lower teams, but I'm betting those prizes are pretty significant! And not much travel needed by anyone involved.