US/Germany - Recife - 6/26/14

Discussion in 'USA Men: World Cup Fans & Travel' started by wixson7, Dec 11, 2013.

1. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    The germans...

2. doogiemo

doogiemo Member

Aug 11, 2005
    ohh USA, USA USA USA
  3. Gratefulphish41

Jul 10, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Anybody staying in Porto Galinhas and popping up for the match? What are you doing for transportation day of?

mpetrik repped this.
  4. UrNumbrOneCrush

Manchester United and FC Barcelona
    United States
    Apr 18, 2006
    Austin, TX USA!
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone planning on renting a car in Recife? if so, what website did you use to book and how much did you pay?
    HELP! Planning on being there June 19-27, although open to arriving a few days later....

5. mpetrik

mpetrik Member

May 17, 2004
    East Bay
    We are a party of 7 and driving up from Chicken Beach for the match...game time is 1pm, so it will curtail the pre-match festivities. Sorry, no room in our vehicle. If someone does not end up going then I will let you know. Recife is booked solid and everything that I heard is that this area is awesome, so there will likely be other US (and German) fans staying here as well.

Does anyone know if what section of the parking that the US fans will gather?

6. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    I'll post this a couple places because i think it is a super cool place, in Olinda. Good location, huge place, they have art shows there and rent to private parties. I spoke with owner a few times and had trouble communicating. Couldnt get a photo of any bedrooms. But how cool is this place.

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3510674

7. Rickyj83

Rickyj83 New Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Where exactly are all of you staying? I'm still trying to figure out where I'm going since I hear Recife isn't great. I'll be getting there though June 24 and be there until July 3.

8. Gratefulphish41

Jul 10, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    From what I've read, Recife's great but little expensive for me.

Staying about an hour south in Porto de Galinhas. Often voted one of the best beaches in Brazil. Might be the leg of the trip I'm most excited for.

9. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Olinda

10. Rickyj83

Rickyj83 New Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Did you figure out transportation from Porto galinhas? How about olinda?

11. joe73632003

joe73632003 New Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Cincinnati
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry to post this in multiple threads but just want to make sure it is seen.

Hey all been a long time lurker on this site and know this will look weird as my first post but my brother and I and trying to go to Brazil this summer and need help with a place to stay. Obviouslly you can't do anything about flights being really expensive so we're trying to save on the lodging. Seems like every hotel is crazy expensive (>$250/night) so if anyone has any tips please let me know. We're also definitely interested in splitting a room if anyone is interested in that. We plan on going ot the Ghana and Germany games while skipping out on Portugal so a place in the Natal Recife region would work well. So if you can help out in either way please reply to this post or pm me. Thanks and looking forward to (hopefully) having tons of fun watching our boys advance down in Brazil this summer.

wixson7 repped this.
  12. Gratefulphish41

Jul 10, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nothing yet but I know there are busses at the very worst. Believe some hotels have shuttles or can arrange it.

13. njgrouch

njgrouch Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Caroline County VA
    Staying about an hour south in Porto de Galinhas. Often voted one of the best beaches in Brazil. Might be the leg of the trip I'm most excited for.[/quote]

I am also staying in Porto de Galinhas. Hoping I can find a shuttle to the stadium for game day transportaion. I have emailed my hotel inquiring if they will have a shuttle and have not heard from them. If and when I hear from them I will post.

14. ChelseaMatt

ChelseaMatt Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Memphis
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am also staying in Porto de Galinhas. Hoping I can find a shuttle to the stadium for game day transportaion. I have emailed my hotel inquiring if they will have a shuttle and have not heard from them. If and when I hear from them I will post.[/quote]
    There are 4 of us staying there as well as one other I know of -- we should stay in touch & consider pooling our resources toward chartering a bus to the stadium and back. Send me a message offline with your email address

15. UrNumbrOneCrush

United States
    Apr 18, 2006
    Austin, TX USA!
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Id be open to exploring transportation options to both the italy game as well as the US game. 4 of us total in our party. Awaiting results of PMA app for USA tix. Italy v Costa Rica acquired.

16. Formulaic

Formulaic Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking for anyone with extra space to crash for 2 people on the 25-26th in/around Recife. (or people to share a hotel with).

Also, if anyone plans to be renting a car to drive from Natal to Recife on the 25th, we would be happy to join in on that as well!

17. MobileBama

MobileBama Member

Jun 13, 2010
    Mobile, AL
    Club:
    Charlton Athletic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. UrNumbrOneCrush

United States
    Apr 18, 2006
    Austin, TX USA!
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    USA GERMANY tickets acquired through PMA. If anyone has any lodging info/recommendations for june 19-27 id love to hear them

19. bigworm

bigworm Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I gave up on Recife. I rented a car, and got a place in Porto de Galinhas 60km south.

20. UrNumbrOneCrush

United States
    Apr 18, 2006
    Austin, TX USA!
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Curious who you used to book ur car and lodging. And how much if u dont mind me asking? And is car manual or auto trans?

21. bigworm

bigworm Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Just booked the Park Hotel in Boa Viagem for 6/26-6/27. I called about 10 hotels and all the others either had no availability or required a lengthier stay. For reservations, you have to email them at reservas@park.com.br and be patient with their English.

wixson7 repped this.
  23. Shamir Trangle

Shamir Trangle New Member

Mar 6, 2014
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I'm also staying in Boa Viagem. Only staying in Recife area from 6/24-28 and then heading down to Rio to check it out. We found the place to stay through AirBNB.com. Basically staying in a local's apartment that is renting it out. Hotels were mostly booked. For 4 of us, its about $250 a night.

We rented a car through Kayak (Thrifty). Only cost us $44 a day.

Is there like a tailgating or anything planned for the Americans before the Germany game???

24. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tailgating will be hard since most of us won't have cars.

25. DCU_USMNT

DCU_USMNT Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Party buses would be great.