Univision es un desastre!!! (NCR)

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by ryu79, Jun 9, 2006.

1. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    El Klose es un muchacho joven?

2. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bruno is a very eloquent dude....like his style, both during games and in studio commentaries (analyzing before/ after games) as well

3. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well, he is a HUGE step up from The Tower of Jalisco and Captain Obvious Bracamontes...

I've enjoyed his comms and also appreciated the frankness that Chilavert displayed calling a weakened Paraguay struggle against England.

4. FMF_LFP

FMF_LFP Red Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Piss Peru
    WHAT a difference of game with Bruno Vain . Dont dissapoint me at all.

one fo my favs announcers of all time , I alwyas enjoy listening to him on Gol TV

5. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think UNivision ought to (by virtue of their bigger financial muscle) do similar moves with a couple of other good announcers from GOltv, maybe for the next WC... or Copa AMerica... I can think of a couple (can't even remember their names) who could easily replace the likes of la Torre de Jalisco, or Fiore in the studios....whom also at times leaves a bit to be desired (being very kind)

NOw, if Hudson could take intensive Spanish language courses, that'd be awesome! :p

ESPN should have gotten the guy, IMHO....

6. FMF_LFP

FMF_LFP Red Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Piss Peru
    Unfortunately they wont sack De la Torre is all about Politics. He has been with Univision for a long time plus belive it or not his charisma plays to his advantage in being still in Univison.

Hes a terribler announcer but at least knows his stuff i nthe local Mexican league and thats about it . Univision madea great move to get Bruno Vain, but I hope is temporary for Vain . I still want him to narrate the next season of the SPL AND Calcio on Gol Tv. Im surprised at Chilavert he has been a good addition to the team I thought he wasnt going to be capable of being a good commentator but has done a great job.

If only Bruno Vain was assinged to do the major games .

another note I wished Cantor and his colleague would ahve stayed with Univision hes not comparable with La Torre.

Aslo I think is a joke Fernando Fiore when they call him "El Presidente" , Hes just a measly reporter wh othinks hes hot shit. Its not like hes a CEO or something.

7. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    futbol de primera la de cantor, el link para la frecuencia en diferentes ciudades de estados unidos esta en la primera pagina.

8. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Back in NJ :(
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Creo que tiene apenas unos 40

9. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ese show de la medianoche del "Wold Cup" ... me parece interesante...al menos no con las bobadas que uno a veces observa en el show de Univision....

10. hrr203

hrr203 New Member

Jun 3, 2006
    Big Apple

El relator es Sebastian Vignolo y narra los partidos de la liga argentina por Fox.

11. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Mil gracias, que pena que Vignolo no este narrando el mundial...

12. Jimmy America

Jimmy America Member

Jun 4, 2005
    Nerys Eyebrows
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    yea I much rather watch ESPN with the guys giving great commentary like

"in soccer you can't touch the ball with your hands " a haha

gotta love the ignorance of latinos sometimes :D

13. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That's like Faulkner compared to the pearls that Bracamontes and La Torre de Jalisco come up with!

14. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

I understand what U are saying about the chilavert, he does sound like he makes sense but don't let him fool you he is just a bitter fat ******** that has been undermining our national team, he has crossed the line between construcive criticizim and Player hateing a while ago, Just to give you an example He talks about "Preaparacion Fisica" when all of us paraguayans remember how he showed up in the last WC with more than 200 pounds, He talks about Gamarra constantly, how he shouldn't be in the national team anymore because he is and old man, but even though he is not the same from years before he was still named the best Defender in the Brazilian league, and he calls Dennis Caniza too old for the NT and he is not even 30 yet and having a good season in Mexico anyways I can go on and on, but all the Paraguayans that I know are extremly offended by his undermining attitude.

15. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

That's the guy from Fox sports I would pay to hear him do the world cup games.

PS. I would have never thought I would have rather listen to la torre de jalisco over anybody else jejejejej but I hope he does the next paraguay game and not chilavert jjejejejejej I guess hell froze over.

16. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Back in NJ :(
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    HAHA on Republica Deportiva they were interviewing Germans on the streets asking them what is the capital of Mexico and one lady told them "We're in Bavria not mexico". LOL Those Univision mejicans are annoying.

17. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yesterday during the game between Argentina - Costa de Marfil.......Bracamontes dijo que los uniformes de los africanos eran muy bonitos, que las camisetas eran pegadas al cuerpo, y que los africanos tenian un fisico "hermoso"....?sera' que le gustan los pelaos al viejo ese?

pero todo sea por ver el mundial........:(

18. DanRod78

DanRod78 New Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Kansas City, KS
  19. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Interesting, I thought Caniza was fantastic yesterday and really erased England's left side of the pitch.

However, and I don't mean to be argumentative, I thought Chila was spot on when it came to his comments on Gamarra yesterday: Gamarra has given his whole career to putting the Guarani on the football map, but he's not match fit and he hurt them yesterday. He is a fine leader, but his timing just seemed off the whole match, making the otherwise impenetrable Paraguayan defense look very permeable.

20. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Maybe I'm the only one who has noticed this but didn't Bracamontes used to be bald?

And has The Tower of Jalisco abandoned his "azo azo azo" call?

I have to admit Braca is making me laugh a bit now with his ridiculous comments though! Does he think Univision is a station for preschoolers?

21. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Seriously! Vignolo's intensity makes games seem so much more meaningful.

I remember when he called the Chivas - Boca game where Boca's coach spat on Bautista - every second of the match seemed so tense.

22. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

I was a big fan of chila, I appreciate all what he has done for my national team, but I know him personally he is a good friend of my father in law and I have heard him personally talk crap about every single player in the NT and I'll tell you he has become our Hugo Sanchez, and I know Gamarra is not the same guy he was a few years ago, but we don't have another guy who can take his spot, and right now he is there already, weather we like him or not , so I have to support him because he is in the national team and chila is not. I remember after the last world cup my mother in law was making fun of him for looking like an Empanada in the world cup and his excuse was that he had to get cortizone injections for a knee injury and that made him look all swallen (yeah right) and now he has the nerve to talk about "preparacion fisica"

23. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Fair enough, you have issues with Chilavert that go beyond what I am privy to.

I'm dying here with Univision - anyone have good radio comms on the net? I can't find the link for live comms on the radiomundial site and the other link on this thread is dead!

24. ogopogo

ogopogo Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Lake Okanagan
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    I've found a few from other countries, the problem is that non of them are in sinc, usually 5-10 seconds ahead of tv. Looks like we're stuck with Univision and ESPN.
    BTW Chila is waaaaayyyyy better than Braca and la torre de jalisco.

25. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    un dia menos, hoy dijo esto (durante el partido entre Italia - Ghana):

"?Como se dice carin~o en Aleman?"
    "Luca Toni" :rolleyes: