University and High School Japanese Soccer

Discussion in 'Japan' started by goru_no_ura, Jul 27, 2010.

1. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Not sure how many would/could contribute, but I am trying to start this thread...

Yesterday and today I was at Sakai's JFA National Training grounds, many High School are there preparing for the summer Interhai and various tournaments.

Many of the best teams were there: Hiroshima Minami, Maebashi, Konko and Yamanashi Gakuin, etc.

Yamanashi Gakuin looked very different from last year: rather than quick, small players they now have quite a few huge guys around or above 180cm, and they looked massively powerful. That guy on top, Miran, is a beast and it is not hard to predict a J.League future for him, as there are not many like him in Japan (both huge and skilled). Still, we'll see...

I asked about Usui, the star of the last National Championship: he is at Komazawa University in Tokyo (I think Maki played there too) and doing great, actually already starting, even when he's only a first year. I guess he is under FC Tokyo umbrella.

My school (Ritsumeikan Uji) is doing fine, we now field seven or eight second graders, so I think we'll be good next season. We still have a great 3rd grader centerforward from Ehime, mark down the name: Kanbara. He scored last season in the National Championship, and he has now scored 24 goals in his last 15 games, failing to score once only.

Our three best players from last season all play at Ritsumeikan University, for now in the B team, as normal for first year good players.

If you have news about your local schools, please share.
    Interhai starts next week, I believe, and it is in Okinawa.
    Please don't ask why we're not going........ :cool:

2. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan