PBP: United States vs Paraguay; 3/27; 7:30pm ET

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by AutoPenalti, Mar 27, 2018.

1. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For a moment I thought JK was back coaching....lack of timely subs.

2. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Weah showed me enough to think I'd liked to have seen him for at least 25 mins.

I think I'll complain about that until June.

jnielsen, Winoman, JackBlack21 and 7 others repped this.
  3. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't forget about Jonathan Gonzalez from Cali. A lot to be optimistic about for the future of American footballers!

4. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I disagree. Although Pulisic is a great player, I don't see him as a "natural" goalscorer, and I would suspect that either Sargent or Weah (or both) end up picking up the scoring mantle quite nicely during this cycle. By the time we start playing games in 2 years, I have to hope that one of them starts hitting the back of the net.

Winoman and JackBlack21 repped this.
  5. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was imprssed with Kenny and Adams.

Winoman repped this.
  6. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Put Wes in for Nagbe and we're kickin A with that midfield. Paraguay couldn't get through the middle third. Didn't think I'd praise Adams for a performance as an 8 but that was just the right idea with Delgado shifting 86 and Adams going 810. Goal. 1-0.

7. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    Loved: Adams
    Liked: Saif, Miazga, Trapp, Delgado, Nagbe
    Encouraged by: CCV (and his partnership with Miazga), Weah in his short time out.

JackBlack21, SteelyTom and Zinkoff repped this.
  8. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    he coached a good game. WTF?

napper, butters59 and 2in10 repped this.
  9. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    I must admit I'm happy about what I saw today. I know I should be jaded and skeptical and I should complain about the lack of time given to the players, but I just can't.

I liked how we could come out playing, how our passing looked a lot more precise than during the Hex, and the way the midfield was bossed with speed.

10. vexco

vexco Member+

Nov 2, 2013
    Adams really played well. Saief's ideas will come off when he's playing with better players like Pulisic. Trapp was good but I still think he's awful vs the press, which Paraguay didn't do at all. Delgado was unsurprisingly good.

jnielsen repped this.
  11. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol your screen name just makes this comment all the better

12. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    It seems that a lot of people are a LOT more worried that Sarachan will be hired full-time than I am. And I don't have much more trust in our fed than you do...

Mahtzo1 and Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  13. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yeah masterclass coaching grinding out of a 1-0 win on a penalty goal in a friendly 4 years before the next time we play in a world cup. Exactly what I wanted to see

jnielsen, chad, Winoman and 4 others repped this.
  14. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Was anybody else really impressed with miazga tonite? For a guy I always took for a talented but cold snake, he really played with a lot of guts.

neems and onefineesq repped this.
  15. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    so what is Sarachan supposed to do: blow the game so interwebz critics will be happy? Sarachan had a job to do and he did it very well. The team looked fast and relatively solid. Quite whining FFS.

16. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Miazga-CCV look like a good, solid pair going forward. I think JAB will have to prove he deserves back in.

Marko72 and Alexisonfire repped this.
  17. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    you wanted to see Brazil but they were unavailable, having just played Germany.

18. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    Takeaway.

1 - Loved the hunger and bite these young guys bring. After all, they got something to play for. A spot on the senior team, a bigger contract, a big move to another club. Unlike our spoiled and rich millionaires.

2 - Trapp and Delgado had been the underrated MOTM players on this game. They were all over the field breaking up plays, blocking shots, and disrupting the opponent's flow. This was the job that our Captain America was supposed to do. Not missing him at all. He can retired into the sun set.

3 - Like to see more of Nova and Weah, and a few others that did not get the chance to play, due to no faults of their own. Nova and Weah supposed to come on at the 45th or 60th min in order to get a chance to get into the flow and rythm of the game.

4 - This game shows exactly why Sarachan is not a head coach material, not even for an MLS side or a Div I college side. He's a small time coach, with a small time mindset. You don't grind out and defend a 1 goal lead in a meaningless friendly. These games are your rare chances to explore, discover, and integrate young talents into your squad. You don't do that by having them sit on the bench or bring them in at the 89th. Yes, you're an interim coach and if you want to be the permanent coach; you have to act like one and coach like one. Unfortunately, your true skin showed up in this game to the rest of the world.

Like they say in the corporate world; you dress and act for the job that you want, not the job that you have.

19. USA-Zebuel

USA-Zebuel Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    Tell us what he did so well. Enlighten us, please

20. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I liked the way Yedlin played today (looking away from the 2nd half when it was obvious Sarachan had told them to get forward in 2nd half with Adams right and Delgado left).

US really sewed up the middle third and Yedlin was always there to cooly pick up the occasional leakage. A mature performance.

21. RedBaron

RedBaron Member

Sep 9, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it's a combination of a lack of easily identifiable candidates and the cluelessness of the Fed which leads many to (rightly) worry a little how things might go down.

It's easy to say the pool will expand post-Russia, but how many coaches currently contracted are really viable candidates for this job? We may be looking at an American coach by default, which inexplicably gives Sarachan an opening. God help us all if that is what happens, but would you really be surprised? I think I'd rather we get bludgeoned in the next series of friendlies if only to stave off that possibility.

22. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    team was well chosen, team played relatively coherently. Ya know, the coach's job.
    ps-I don't want him as full time coach, but there is no point making shite up about the performance. It was fine/good for 11 guys who haven't played together

Mahtzo1 repped this.
  23. 2in10

2in10 Member+

LA Galaxy, Internazionale
    United States
    Jun 19, 2016
    Sparks, NV
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't Gonzalez switch to Mexico? Or am I thinking of someone else.

24. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Paraguay is the thugs of South America.

25. 2in10

2in10 Member+

LA Galaxy, Internazionale