Under Armour

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by metros11, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Running_Man

Running_Man Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Asia
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Are the hydrastrike pro II true to size ?

Desperately want a pair in U.S. 8.5 but I can only found a pair in Us 8 :(

2. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If anything they are a very tight true to size. You probably can't squeeze into a smaller size assuming you are wearing your boots snug as it is.

3. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I got mine in my usual size and they fit pretty much bang on. Wouldn't risk going smaller personally.

Not sure if they ship overseas but this is where I got mine from, they have the size you're after...

http://www.mandmdirect.com/02/fts/?search=hydrastrike

gusgorman and greyhail repped this.
  4. hahanice

hahanice Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Just wanted to give my game 1 review of the speedforms. I have the leathers in black and played on field turf tonight.
    Tried them on last night and the felt a little big. A lot of reviewers recommended going a half size up‎, and so I did. I wear an 11 in most things except the CTR, which I wear 11.5. The felt perfect for like dress shoes or sneakers or something, but I felt a little heel slip when walking around in them. So for tonight's game I double socked it and that issue was gone.
    First impression was that they felt kinda plasticky... it's definitely not K leather. Warming up I felt it too. The seemed kinda pingy and goofy on my feet. After about 5 minutes the leather broke up and sort of creased right where I needed it too. Maybe I'm the luckiest person on earth but I'd imagine it's just well designed with good leather. They aren't like molded to my feet yet but they are definitely creased in all the right spots. After the game I felt the boots and they feel amazingly soft now. Not plasticky anymore‎.
    The insole, or lack there of, is the most comfortable ‎if ever played in. It cushions you. It's kinda slick, so I was thinking I'll be sliding around a lot, but that wasn't the case. I was able to move enough to be comfortable, and was planted enough to be able to get up and go.
    Still not sure if I got the sizing right, but I had no heel slipping, the tongue bunched up a bit at the bottom because of how tight I have them tied, but that didn't affect anything‎.
    No discomfort in my feet at all after a full 90. I'm very happy with them. I've been playing in superflies and ctrs because they are the most comfortable boots I've worn after some extensive searching. These may turn out to be as comfortable. Too early to tell but they won't be far off... They may end up being a nice in between as far as not as unprotective as the superflies and not as heavy as the ctrs‎

Can't say a bad word about them other than I wouldn't know what size to recommend to someone‎. Oh and I love the no nonsense black. Had to blackout 80% of my boots myself because all they sell is flashy colors.

Oh and its nice wearing something that just about noone else has

serginhobertholi, greyhail and newone88 repped this.
  5. greyhail

greyhail Member

Apr 29, 2015
    extremely close to getting one now

6. greyhail

greyhail Member

Apr 29, 2015
    Any updates on the sizing after a few more wears?

7. hahanice

hahanice Member

Oct 30, 2013
    I honestly probably should have worn a half size smaller... but I put an extra insole in and it fits perfect now. Would have been slightly tight, but I'd expect they would have molded.

I just got some speedform running shoes in my true size and they are perfect

greyhail repped this.
  8. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    another day, another new colorway for Memphis...(-;
    I really like this color combo
    ua.jpg

jayc23, holden and greyhail repped this.
  9. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    I want these badly...Special edition Clutchfit force for Wales Rugby player Leigh Halfpenny UA_Goldpenny.jpg

jayc23 and greyhail repped this.
  10. greyhail

greyhail Member

Apr 29, 2015
    too bad he's out of the world cup due to an injured ACL :(

11. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Out of the range of colorways they have made for Memphis....this is the one they release to retail. Grrr.

12. eddie7

eddie7 New Member

Sep 18, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I just bought a pair of the leather speedforms in black (love the color) and went up half a size because I read somewhere that the fit small. Sadly that isn't the case and they are a little bit too big for me. Should have gone with the US 10.5 instead of 11. They are beatiful and soooo comfortable.

13. teamescape1987

Aug 21, 2010
    Club:
    Charlton Athletic FC
    Does anyone have any info on the Under Armour boots that are being worn in the RWC? Speedforms and Clutchfit both with navy upper, green accents and chrome sole - will these be on general sale? Roberts.PNG Maitland.PNG

14. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    Can't go wrong with black and white...(-:

ua.JPG

15. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    Pink Clutchfit to support the breast cancer fight. very beautiful

uap.PNG

holden and serginhobertholi repped this.
  16. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    They are killing the boot for the next generation model in a few months and now they start dropping cool colorways.....sigh.

newone88 repped this.
  17. shrtysskat8

shrtysskat8 Member

Aug 3, 2005
    Chicago
  18. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  19. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Dude this is getting ridiculous. I literally just had the meeting about these yesterday!

That's one hell of a source @serginhobertholi!

Also Antonio Zea's new Under Armour Boots are rumoured to come in Spring 17...................

jayc23 and serginhobertholi repped this.
  20. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Found the catalog... but I couldn't understand the purpose of this boot...
    Does it will be another speed boot from Under Armour? There's something wrong with SpeedForm?

21. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    SpeedForm leathers will stay but the others will go away. It's a new Speed boot basically. They need to start over and I think that's what Zea will do!

serginhobertholi repped this.
  22. Soccerstyle09

Soccerstyle09 Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  23. hahanice

hahanice Member

Oct 30, 2013
    was very interested in the new clutchfits, but i hate how big the logo is... so i decided to just wait until next spring to pick up new cleats.

until i checked the link above... sports authority still has the price wrong on their site. paid 68 including 2day shipping. AMAZING deal

24. hahanice

hahanice Member

Oct 30, 2013
    So I wrote the speed forms that I picked up through the sports authority mistake. I haven't worn boots that aren't black in years. But they felt amazing. The insole being part of the site is really comfortable. The other pair I have I need to keep an extra insole in because they are to big. So true to size fits me perfectly. And now I really appreciate the boots.

I would say that they have potential to make it into my top 3 of all time along with the fly knit superfly and the adi power

Hate thread jacking but wanted to give an update