Ummm....FA Cup Semifinals against Saints

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by yasik19, Apr 22, 2018.

1. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I'm in Boston, so couldn't watch live and just saw the game.

Wasn't anyone watching?

2. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Was an OK game. We should have scored more but then the Saints might have equalized as well. Just did enough to get over the line. Giroud was good and Hazard seemed like he wanted to play.

3. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Too busy watching to set up a thread :p

We played well enough, soton were okay but showed why they are in the relegation spots. Limited quality when it counts. If we play that way in the final we will have a repeat of 1994.

Giroud took his goal well and Morata shows that when he doesn't have time to think he does well (both with the goal he headed in and the chances he spurned when he had the ball at his feet).

Biggest moment was Willian getting subbed out for bakayoko (who was awful again). Willian went straight down the tunnel looking less than pleased (and not apparently injured). Thought a tweet I saw sum up the tactical change well "Chelsea down to ten men as bakayoko comes in for willian".

Dr_Intoxicated and Crawleybus repped this.
  4. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Its got to be said.. the players really do seem to give a huge ******** for the most part unlike our true meltdown under Mourinho.

5. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    what's funny is the idea of taking off an attacker and shoring up midfield isn't a bad one. the problem is the personnel. Willian isn't just a luxury player, he works his socks off, exchange that for a relative non-entity who is just as likely to get a red card or pass to the other team as not and you've got a wildly confusing change.

sorry about the thread, i'm not really online on weekends much. i did manage to wake up and watch this game through one of the worst hangovers i've had in years though.

6. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    If I had not been at Wembley I would have left when Baka came on I could not believe it. That was Conte's suicide note I think he is getting desperate to claim his £10M payoff he must owe someone big time.

Kerry Dixon's Boots repped this.
  7. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Think that's a fair observation. At times I do question the quality and sometime laissez faire attitude but I do get the feeling they are trying for the most part.

It seems more a lack of confidence and hope than a lack of effort. Similar results on the pitch but much easier for us fans to swallow.

I know many on the boards have questioned Willian but it would be borderline disastrous to ship him out this summer IMO. Not only does he bring it almost every time but he seems like a great personality to keep others positive. His sub reaction worried me more than any performance from The Observer simply because that feels so out of character. Whatever happens with conte we can't have the collateral damage we suffered when jose exited the second time.

8. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Mourinho's last season we were looking shattered and we lost 9 of 16 by december.