Umbro Boots Thread.... Was the New Umbro Xboots thread

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by Golazco, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Golazco

Golazco New Member

Aug 3, 2006
    chicago
    Re: New Umbro Xboots

That is the Michelin technology touch control technology that was described before. the rest of the boot is kangaroo leather.

2. actusreus13

actusreus13 New Member

Jan 7, 2007
    San Diego, CA

I just saw these boots on prodirectsoccer.com and they have aluminum studs instead of plastic studs like those on soccer.com. WTF? I live in the States and it begs the question: why is the same boot not the same? Especially as someone who grew up in Europe but lives in the US, it really pisses me off that there are different versions of the same boot offered for each market.

3. Golazco

Golazco New Member

Aug 3, 2006
    chicago

I think the ones your talking about are the soft grounds.

4. actusreus13

actusreus13 New Member

Jan 7, 2007
    San Diego, CA

Nope. Firm ground, aluminum studs. Check out prodirectsoccer.com and see for yourself. Interestingly, justsocca.com, also based in the UK has the plastic stud version on its website store. Hmmm...

5. Golazco

Golazco New Member

Aug 3, 2006
    chicago
  6. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

I saw the Umbro catalog today, there is a blackout X boot on the way and it is clean!!!!!!!!!! Also a white and black limited edition SX with rubber on the upper.

7. mdsoccer1

mdsoccer1 New Member

Aug 5, 2005

jcstar, do you know when the blackout x boots would be coming out?

8. Its Swanny

Its Swanny New Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Midwest, USA

You talking about those $250 boots?

I think that's what they were...maybe more...

Our rep brought them in...said they would be super limited.

9. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite

DAMNNN An all black x-boot. why oh why? Can't wait to see that. I still need just a plain black pair of boots. Well not need, but want...

10. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

The SX's are limited from what I saw in the catalog, the X boots seem to be a normal release.

11. AHCL20

AHCL20 Member

Feb 22, 2005
    Glasgow

Is the white/blue X boot 3 a limited USA release? They look ace but the only shop that's got them listed is soccer.com...

[​IMG]

12. adwoss12

adwoss12 New Member

Mar 4, 2006

Hey, I was looking to get a pair of the black/white x boots, but they're not listed on soccer.com anymore, and I dont have anywhere else to get them from. Does any1 know why they arent up there anymore?

Jc, do you know when the blackouts are getting released? Cuz those sound like they would be sick.

Thanks

13. actusreus13

actusreus13 New Member

Jan 7, 2007
    San Diego, CA

Soccer.com de-lists an item if they're completely sold out. Looks like the white/black Umbros must be a really hot item to sell out all the sizes. The sales rep had no idea when they would get them again.

14. adwoss12

adwoss12 New Member

Mar 4, 2006

oo thanks for the help. I guess im just going to have to wait for the blackouts

15. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

I am not too sure when its out, I can look in the catalog next time I am in the store. I don't recall if Umbro had any sort of release date written in the catalog for any product when I think about it.

16. adwoss12

adwoss12 New Member

Mar 4, 2006

Just wondering, for any1 that has these cleats, did u get them a size smaller like it says to do on eurosport? If so, how do they fit?

17. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite

If they fit like the II's they are pretty true, tad wide in the toebox. But nothing compared to the XAIs. I couldn't imagine going down a size in these. The length would be too short...

Question, what is the difference between the vengence and the xboot III, is the vengence going to replace the XAIs?? Other than the tongue, I can't see any difference. And why a preorder for late June?? That's silly...

18. AHCL20

AHCL20 Member

Feb 22, 2005
    Glasgow

I think the Vengence doesn't have that Michelin coating which the X boot 3 has.

19. Old US Keeper

Old US Keeper New Member

Sep 29, 2004
    Chandler, AZ

The Vengeance does indeed have the Michelin coating, but the aplication in in straight lines as opposed to the pattern used on the normal X Boot III. Why, I have no idea……I have a pair on order, so I'll pipe in again when they show up.

20. AHCL20

AHCL20 Member

Feb 22, 2005
    Glasgow

Well according to Umbro, the Vengence has Touch Motion (or something called similar), but it doesn't say that it has anything to do with Michelin.

On the other hand, the X Boot 3 coating is said to employ technology by Michelin.

I don't know whether the Touch Motion and the Michelin coating is any different, but this Michelin coating seems to be the reason that the X Boot 3 costs 10 pounds more in the UK.

21. adwoss12

adwoss12 New Member

Mar 4, 2006

For any1 thats interested, the black/white x boot llls are listed as x boot lls on soccer.com and they are discounted to $120. I'm still not sure wat you would get if u did order them, but it seems like its worth a shot.

22. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

I looked at the new Umbro catalog, no printed release date for the Blackout X-boots so i guess they could be ordered now from Umbro. As for the Vengence/Destroyer boot they do not have the suede inner foot, which is the Michelen stuff, they have a touch control coating on there but its all leather.

I am guessing John Terry coun't be arsed with the suede stuff and just wanted a full leather boot. The refreshing thing is if that is the case Umbro is selling the actual boot and not saying "John Terry wears (insert boot here)" when you can look at his feet and see they are crazy modified boots not close to the product they have him selling ala Roberto Carlos's AZT's and Sheva's Reeboks for example.

23. adwoss12

adwoss12 New Member

Mar 4, 2006

jw, were their any other colors of vengence/destroyer?

24. actusreus13

actusreus13 New Member

Jan 7, 2007
    San Diego, CA

Check out justsocca.com. Black/white/ blue tongue Destroyer. Made me drool.

25. wb wilson iv

wb wilson iv New Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Seattle

these boots really catch my eye, has anyone played in them yet?