Post-match: Uli Stielike on trial.

Discussion in 'Korea' started by killaorca, Jun 1, 2016.

?

Should we fire him? The prayer to KNT god.

1. Yes

60 vote(s)
    58.8%
  2. No

25 vote(s)
    24.5%
  3. Wait

17 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    그러면서 "안 좋은 결과가 있을 때 협회는 이와 맞서 싸울 만큼 강하지 못했다"면서 "독일은 지난 20년 동안 대표팀 감독이 단 3명이었다. 한국은 4년 동안 감독이 3번 바뀌었다"고 지적했다. 인내심이 없는 한국의 축구 환경에서는 일하기가 매우 어렵다는 말도 덧붙였다.

출처 : http://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2017/10/28/2017102800445.html

2. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    ^ “한국 대표팀 문제는 0대0 바라는 ‘면피 축구’”

Still talking like he did absolutely nothing wrong :rolleyes:. Buddy, you were also the cause of the 3 years of shit show.

Also: "내 철학은 싸워서 이기는 것이었지만 한국 코치들은 수비적인 전술을 지향했어요. 내 생각은 공을 점유하는 것이었고 한국 코치의 생각은 공을 막는 것이었습니다."

Explains even more on why Shin Tae-yong was shifted to U-23 and U-20.

Kwangaetto and aeh1991 repped this.
  3. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    "My philisophy was to win by fighting"
    LOOOOL fck off Stielike

4. Yayasanogo

Yayasanogo Member

Mexico
    Aug 12, 2017
    It’s pointless talking about how well or bad Stielike is doing right now, what we do know is Shin’s record is not convincing at all. At least Stielike gave Korea a platform to qualify for WC. 67% win rate is quite impressive for any coaches at any level and that pretty much enabled Korea to qualify with 3 draws and 3 defeats. No other national team would be able to qualify (especially without playoffs) with such poor results and you surely can’t say Shin contributed that much in Korea qualifying with 2 draws and 0% win rate from his 4 games in charge. It is early days but right now KFA hasnt got any better by sacking Stielike.

jessypjs repped this.
  5. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    A winning record that was against the likes of Laos and Cambodia.

If Stielike was in charge for the last two matches for the WC qualification, we would have lost two matches for sure.

The team under Stielike couldn’t do jacksh!t against Iran. We were dominated throughout the match and deservingly lost. The team under Shin Tae-yong at least played like a team against Iran and we actually felt like we could have gotten a result.

Kwangaetto, Seol Korea and chook90 repped this.
  6. Yayasanogo

Yayasanogo Member

Mexico
    Aug 12, 2017
    A winning record that beat every other manager who faces the same 'Laos' and 'Cambodia's. I don't think any other manager had a 16 match unbeaten run against these so called easy oppositions. If they are so easy to beat then why didn't the other managers have the same or better records? And playing Iran in Tehran is completely different to playing them at home in Seoul. According to Goal.com, Azadi Stadium, in Tehran, was voted most intimidating in Asia. Its infamous for it's high altitude and design of the stadium amplifies the noise of 80,000 fans. So, first of all it is incomparable, and to crucify him for a 1-0 loss away in these circumstances is a bit over the top. Iran are unbeaten competitively at home this campaign, and if that was a bad result, Shin's result at home should be crucified also. It was pure luck that a 2 draw was enough for Shin to qualify. Anyway, all I am trying to say is KNT is not doing any better under Shin. We will soon see.

jessypjs repped this.
  7. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Let's be honest here. The atmosphere of the stadium is not going to dictate how the away team plays. It's intimidating, but it's not to the point where they can make players misplace simple passes and clearing balls away.

Blaming our loss to Iran because of the atmosphere is ridiculous. We lost because our coach had no tactic (plan A or B), our players lacked motivation, and our defenders were shit as usual. We were lucky just to lose 1-0 that day.

Ice cube and Seol Korea repped this.
  8. Yayasanogo

Yayasanogo Member

Mexico
    Aug 12, 2017
    You sir, just proved to me that you clearly have no idea in football. Why do you think there is 'home' records in all sports if atmosphere has no influence to the outcome? And more importantly don't you know that even teams like Brazil, Argentina struggles in Bolivia due to altitude sickness? Do some research and educate yourself before you talk badly about top professions. Raymond Verheijen, who was the head of fitness under Hiddink and other various top national teams, says that fitness and freshness is key to winning. If you are not fit to play physically then motivation has its limits. So if you are physically incapable of playing in certain or even extreme conditions, such as playing at high altitudes (especially after just coming back from europe on long flights) or massive heat such as Qatar, it will affect your performances hugely. Maybe it was poor physical preparation and recovery strategies by Stielike that you could criticise for KNTs poor performances but you can't simply say players lacked motivation. Have you even tried running for a minute in extreme heat like in Qatar? If you are not acclimatized to the conditions then you are definitely affected before you even begin. So do some research before you start insulting player's motivations or doubting their skills due to it.

jessypjs repped this.
  9. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #1734 ChaDuRi671, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    [​IMG]

Wait a minute.

Raymond Verheijen?
    Fitness?
    Acclimatized?

아 시발. I fell for a sock account.

@Rob_Brighton, how many sock accounts do you have? You say the same shit in different forums with different sock accounts.

Reference:
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/2016-rio-olympics-u-23.2012626/page-64#post-34354687

10. Yayasanogo

Yayasanogo Member

Mexico
    Aug 12, 2017
    Lol, just because you are ignorant in football, I become a sock account? The other fellas saying the same thing because Verheijen is well known in the football industry with his football conditioning modelled around the globe at all top clubs. Is that the best you can come back to because you have nothing else to back up what you said? You are more pathetic than I thought. I have lost interest to even debate with you now. Look up football conditioning and look up acclimatization and learn something before you open that idiotic mind of yours.

11. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Don't waste your time "defending" Stielike, otherwise you will be considered as an outcast here. Stielike's bashing is almost a religion in BSK. Better follow this as a sheep rather than trying to see the truth in his record/words.

Saying players should wake up is just good sense but since it is Stielike who said that, people tend to disagree and insult him. And people who are insulting him harshly are the same who were praising him very much at the Asian cup. It is how it works in many football forum, when the coach brings good results, he is a god when he no longer brings results, he is perceived as a shit.

Bom23 and Yayasanogo repped this.
  12. Yayasanogo

Yayasanogo Member

Mexico
    Aug 12, 2017
    Well there is a saying "the King is dead, long live the King" and thats the nature of humans I guess.

I can clearly see what you mean. I can also see why Stielike got sacked due to KFA feeling the pressure but my point being is at least have someone ready to replace if KFA were going to sack him? Shin has only U23, U20 under his belt, which were quite poor results even at junior level, but is given a chance at senior level due to the premature sacking. I guess there could be politics behind it all but nevertheless there seems to be no real protocol behind the process, they just followed what other european clubs are doing right now.

You could argue that I was defending Stielike but really I was just trying to prove that Shin was no better than Stielike. And there seems to be too many ignorant people that just places blame with zero knowledge in the game. If you are going to argue your point at least have a decent level of knowledge behind it.

jessypjs repped this.
  13. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #1738 ChaDuRi671, Oct 29, 2017
    Huh Jung-moo brought results to the table, but he got shit on later. It happens to everyone. Stielike is not going to get a free pass just because he brought us to the Asian Cup final through an relatively easy route. Just because Stielike is gone, people tend to forget how team actually played the last few matches before he got sacked.

You're free to search up my post history to see if I was praising Stielike like a god during the Asian Cup.
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/search/6243836/?q=stielike&o=date&c[node]=252&c[user][0]=183481

My whole point that started this argument is that Stielike should have not even be involved with anything right now. He's gone. I don't care what the man does anymore. Just don't stir up nonsense we don't right need now. KFA/Hiddink tension is already bad enough. We don't need these journalists giving Stielike a platform to get some clicks for their articles.

I'm pretty sure you were the one to digress from every argument and randomly use fitness and crowd as an issue for everything.

So you're telling me that Stielike's non-existent tactics and mind boggling call-ups had nothing to do with how the team played?

Seol Korea repped this.
  14. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    That's why I put the word "defending" with inverted comma. I knew your point. People just keep up with what is going on, no matter you use fair and valid arguments.

Yayasanogo repped this.
  15. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #1740 jessypjs, Oct 29, 2017
    I don't forget that. I simply notice that the team is not doing better currently. So maybe, it's not only a "coaching" problem : the players must be held responsible as well of the poor results. Even PJS, KSY and STY point out some players didn't give their best, imo that's the main problem, even beyond the coach's talent (whoever he is).
    We often quote bert van marwijk and Senol Gunes as examples to say coaches make a difference. Okay but players make a difference too, no ? Do you think Zidane would have won the CL with Dijon ? Imo, Stielike's point was players should work their ass off and not waiting for a world class manager to react. Imo that's pretty relevant.

Then, I agree with you about Stielike's involvement into that mess. And I think supporter should going forward and not blaming endlessly a guy who left 5 months ago and thus not envolving him into KNT business.

16. Ice cube

Ice cube Member+

Seoul Utd
    May 4, 2014
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Anyone with eyes could see that we played badly then as well. We never played well under him, it's just that we stopped getting lucky and results caught up to our quality.

Seol Korea repped this.
  17. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    That's it bring back Uli now!:thumbsup:

18. Yayasanogo

Yayasanogo Member

Mexico
    Aug 12, 2017
    I was digressing from what? I never once said Stielike was the best manager for KNT, all I said was that his records were not bad enough to warrant a sacking that lead to panic hiring of new manager (KFA hiring with no real preparation nor process). I never said that his tactics and selections were spot on either. You were simply highlighting that it was mainly players' lack of motivation that caused bad performances and that playing away games in tougher conditions was not significant enough to affect performance. Hence my argument came, that what you see is not all, where in professional/international soccer there are other extreme factors that comes into account, and acclimatization to altitudes and extreme heat conditions are definitely major factors. Why do you think that every Clubs and NTs have a massive Sports Science departments if physical ability to perform is not important. Even logistics of flights and training schedules are mentioned to the press/media for all top NTs as recovery strategy is becoming more and more important. These are all the processes involved for professional soccer these days and if you are not willing to research to back your points up that is completely up to you, but if you want to disprove a point come back with some legit knowledge and information.

And clearly this "sock account" nonsense is equivalent of a 5 year-old boy's "talk to the hand" approach to comebacks as they cannot logically backup their claims. I would rather that you don't revert to this childish method unless you are actually a child.

19. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Wow that's great. You must have 3 graduate degrees.

20. Yayasanogo

Yayasanogo Member

Mexico
    Aug 12, 2017
    Nice. I see what you did there. Wish I did have 3 degrees but was not smart enough. At least I know what I am talking about though unlike some

21. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    No you dont. His records dont mean shit. He won most of the matches against very weak teams like Laos.

22. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The senile fraud is still getting paid by the KFA :rolleyes:; '미지급금'.

chook90 repped this.
  23. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    can we hire him back then? We have Toni Grande and another European coach now too.

Plus Stielike also has had association with Real Madrid, espouse Spanish football, and communicates in Spanish...

Perfect environment for Stiellike to succeed with KNT?

TaegukRedDevil repped this.
  24. TaegukWarrior

TaegukWarrior Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    enough

Hodori, TaegukRedDevil, Ice cube and 3 others repped this.
  25. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I would like to take this opportunity to prepare for post WC 2018.

There are some available mangers right now as per Transfermarkt, that catches my attention:

1) Christian Gourcuff

2) Gianni De Biasi (seemed like he made Albania punch above its weight circa 2016. But worryingly he managed just that team in the 6 years between 2011-17).

3) Peter Bosz

4) Ronald Koeman

5) Juande Ramos