Post-match: Uli Stielike on trial.

Discussion in 'Korea' started by killaorca, Jun 1, 2016.

?

Should we fire him? The prayer to KNT god.

1. Yes

60 vote(s)
    58.8%
  2. No

25 vote(s)
    24.5%
  3. Wait

17 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Gunes isn't money-hungry like the others. KFA make it happen.

Seol Korea repped this.
  2. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    What's Hiddink doing?

3. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    He'll never come back. Whatever happens he would tarnish his WC 2002 career.

4. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He will ask for a reasonable offer, I would suspect $2 million - $2.5 million.

killaorca repped this.
  5. Rob_Brighton

Rob_Brighton Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    #1305 Rob_Brighton, Nov 1, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
    :ROFLMAO:

[​IMG]

6. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    #1306 doraemon, Nov 1, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
    Ha! So why didn't you take the bet back then? How cowardly of you.

You're still welcome to take me up on it, by the way.

"Well it just sounds like you're scared of losing what would be an unwise bet for you, but I understand. I'm sure you know deep down that it's unlikely for United to sack Mourinho until at least the end of the season. Dismissing a manager in three consecutive seasons would be bad enough - sacking one in the middle of it would be even worse. Who are they going to hire then? Besides, by that point it would be fairly clear that it isn't the manager that's the biggest problem with United in the first place. I don't see Mou getting sacked in the middle of the season unless the season turns out to be an absolute catastrophe like what happened with him at Chelsea. I don't see that kind of extreme implosion happening this season - it's Mou's first year with them and United isn't coming off of a title run. Everyone's hungry for success, obviously Mou included, and that will probably make everything smoother - at least for this season."

Nothing I said at the time seems particularly wrong right now.

Talk to me on the Other Teams Thread if you want.

7. Rob_Brighton

Rob_Brighton Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Do you remember the one that made the bet last time and managed to keep off this forum for a total of 20 days and came back more than 11 months early? You know full well that you have no intention to keep any bets, so you have no grounds to call anyone a coward. I'm being merciful to you. Just wait and see. If the board doesn't feel that Mourinho can secure a CL spot this year, they aren't going to care what they have to pay to buy out his contract. Not everyone was so excited about appointing Mourinho in the first place, and Ferguson was shaking his head on several occasions while watching United under Mourinho.

8. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    I doubt they will sack him without giving him a few seasons.
    As you said, it's not mainly the manager's fault. If he cant rebuild ManU, most other managers wont be able to either.

9. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    Haha what? I'm not that guy who you made that previous bet with. It's a bit ridiculous for you to claim that I have no intention of keeping any bets, don't you think? I mean, why would I take that "risk" and offer you the bet in the first place if I were so afraid of the consequence? Yes, you're being cowardly and it's not hard to tell. Whatever though, you've made my point clear.

I agree - I think United gives him at least one full season, at the very least to save face. IMO not even United can handle the embarrassment of unceremoniously sacking a third high profile manager in three consecutive seasons, in the middle of the season no less. Unless Mourinho has a public meltdown off the pitch, I doubt it'll happen. And I doubt Mourinho is dumb enough to repeat what happened at Chelsea - he seems to be a lot more cautious/apologetic to the public this season.

Sorry for derailing this thread. PM me or move this convo to another thread, Bob.

10. komina12345

komina12345 Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [​IMG]

11. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    might as well be the winning retard than the losing retard

inten repped this.
  12. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    Don't you know that everyone who posts in online forums is at least mildly autistic? :D

13. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    let's go back to criticizing Stielike and ideas for his replacement process. Though KFA likely doesn't give a f**k

14. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Since AVB is going to China, you can cross him out.

chook90 repped this.
  15. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Didn't really consider him anyway. Will require millions and a manager like him probably wants to prove himself again at European clubs, not Asian national side.

At this point, I really want to promote Paul Le Guen and Eric Gerets. Yes I am withholding Senol Gunes (not because I consider him a poor manager).

16. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    1. Şenol Güneş
    2. Paul Le Guen
    3. Eric Gerets

17. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It seems like Bielsa is going around shopping for a team as he's currently in Mexico rumored to join Cruz Azul.

18. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    But KFA can't approach him. Lol.

killaorca repped this.
  19. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    More like Bielsa has no interest in the KNT job. The least I can say is that the KFA is trying to move in discreet atm in regards to Stielike's replacement.

chook90 and Marco91 repped this.
  20. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    whether uli steps down or not we must win against uzbeks.

21. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    Is there something you've heard?

Seol Korea repped this.
  22. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Whether we win against Uzbeks or not Uli must step down

EDIT: sent from my tapatalk SG93701

Seol Korea, Ice cube and killaorca repped this.
  23. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

^no thanks.
    In regards to the former, he did a great job initially with Cameroon and Oman but his consistency shot down drastically towards the end of his tenure.
    In regards to the latter, I don't want to trade a Middle-East dweller with another one.

24. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    check out Gerets' achievements... he won a trophy or two in every European league worked in.

25. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    I saw now on wikipedia (Lol). Gerets has won something (somewhat relevant) unlike SHITLIKE.

chook90 repped this.