Pre-match: Ukraine vs Oranje [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Mighty Dutch, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Mighty Dutch

Mighty Dutch Red Card

May 1, 2010
    Intl friendly

[​IMG][​IMG]

Date: Wed August 11, 2010
    Kickoff time:
    7:30 PM (local Dutch time)
    Venue: Donetsk city, Ukraine

2. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Fer, Maduro and Marcellis were called up to replace Bakkal, Mendes, and Stam.

Didn't expect a whole lot out of this friendly, tbh ... but I am eager to see several individuals use this opportunity to prove their worths. Erik Pieters is my fave choice at LB, and with Anita struggling, he should capitalize given the opportunity. Beerens and Lens are eyeing a permanent spot in the senior squad, esp. now that Robben is out injured for several weeks. It'll be interesting to see who's making the most impression. Of course, the two kicked off the battle with a showdown at the club level this past weekend (though I must admit I was rather bored watching both players in that match-- in fact, I like Aissadi better :)). Long-awaited and furious comebacks for the likes of Urby, Maduro, and Marcellis, who featured in the NT at a very tender age. Nonetheless, all of them are young enough to still make an impact.

3. Mighty Dutch

Mighty Dutch Red Card

May 1, 2010
    Ukraine Selection:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. sonkky

sonkky New Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Expecting to see this team start:
    ---------------------------------Vorm---------------------
    ---Bruma---------------Loovens------Vlaar-----------Anita--
    -----------------Brama-----------------Engelaar------------
    -----Lens---------------------De Jong--------------Urby----
    ----------------------------Ricky-----------------------

not my preffered team but think Bert will play like this with 6/7 second half subs..

5. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Stam and Bakkal aren't going.

I think Janssen will start what with the way he's been hyped up these past couple of weeks.

6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think it is stupid to have a friendly at this point in the season. Nothing good will come of it and I expect we will lose given Ukraine is fielding their NT starters. Don't want to see anyone get injured.

7. Mighty Dutch

Mighty Dutch Red Card

May 1, 2010
    Sorry, I disagree. This is perfect opportunity to give the youngsters a try.
    Telegraaf calls it our B-team, I think its closer to a C- or D-team :)

http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetbal/7357895/__Oranje-B_op_weg_naar_Oekrane__.html?p=8,1

8. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Engelaar also not going as he can't see any potential for a him to be a regular part of the squad. Janssen debut!

9. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I believe Janssen has at least 1 cap - maybe you meant debut as a starter?

Also, any idea why Aissati not called up? Is he going with Morroco?

10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He announced a long time ago that he was going with Morocco.

11. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ok, thanks must have missed it

12. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Because he hasn't played regular first team football in over a year?!!!!! I cannot believe you're even asking this!!!!

He still hasn't played for Morocco, he's undecided.

13. Mighty Dutch

Mighty Dutch Red Card

May 1, 2010
    Quite frankly given his present form I dont want Aissati anywhere near our NT.

Also kickoff time is 8PM Dutch time, not 7:30PM.
    SBS6 starts their coverage at 7:30PM

14. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    didn't stop Bert from picking Boulahrouz or Braafheid for the WC did it?

it's meaningless friendly, why not try him?

15. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Both Braafheid and Boulahrouz have started for Holland. Aisatti never has. And Braafheid and Boula are defenders, which we're chronically at a short supply of. We've got plenty of midfielders to choose from though. I mean seriously. You're suggesting a midfielder who spent almost all of last season in the Ajax reserves?!

16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He did express his thoughts on this about 18 months ago that he envisioned playing for Morocco. No way does he play for the Dutch NT, he's not good enough. I don't know if he has a future at Ajax or not (another great Van Basten purchase:eek:). I thought he looked OK yesterday and was doing good defensive tracking back throughout the time he was on the pitch. Maybe he sees a little more playing time this season.

17. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Well he's POTENTIALLY good enough but doesn't deserve to wear the orange right now! What message would that send to midfielders who do get regular playing time with their club?

18. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think Aisatti should get a call-up. Just to send a message to players of other clubs.

Seriously though, I think the guy is underrated. Never once did Jol play him in his natural position and he was pretty good under Van Basten.

19. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I agree that he's a potential gem. He should get the hell out of Amsterdam as long as Jol is in charge though.

20. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I can't remember a single good game that he has had in the two years he's been with the club. I'm still trying to figure out what his position is. I think Van Basten saw him as a Sneijder replacement and as I recall that's how he used him. You are right Jol didn't fancy him but who was he going to replace? de Jong came on strong once he started regularly and de Zeeuw and Enoh were fixtures in the midfield. He certainly wasn't going to replace any of the three forwards (Urby, Suarez, and Pantelic). We also had Lodeiro come aboard in January along with Eriksen's call up (in fact Eriksen has shown far more talent than Aissatti). It remains to be seen whether he is a long term Ajax player and I still put him in the category of a not so wise transfer (even Sulejmani who we all ridicule has scored some big goals for the club; can you remember an Aissatti goal?).

21. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I remember we had a horrible couple of months after the winter break with Van Basten. Losing 4-0 to Sparta and 4-1 to Vitesse. When Aissati came back from his injury Ajax started playing better again, led by a strong Aissati. I specifically remember a game against NAC where Aisatti was particularly strong. His natural position is #10 btw. Behind the striker. Same position as De Jong, Eriksen and Lodeiro fancy.

Under Jol Aissati has mainly played as the left midfielder when Jol was still playing 4-4-2 with 2 defensive midfielders and 2 wide midfielders in the first part of last season. That's a horrible position for anyone to play, but particularly when you're talented on the ball. Cause that position in that formation just means you have run for 90 minutes. Usually without the ball. Aissati needs to be a central player. Passing the ball, controlling the play.

Eriksen imo has thus far not lived up to the hype at all.

To be clear, I don't think Aissati has a future at Ajax as well. But I do think he's a very talented player.

This is the match I'm talking about btw.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iETI7wtsPQo"]YouTube- ‪Hoogtepunten NAC Breda - Ajax (0-3)‬‎[/ame]

22. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I just don't think Aissati is as good on the ball as the other three options we have for the attacking midfield role. I would like to see him succeed, like you I just don't think Ajax is quite the club for him particularly with our U-17 player Buoy who looks to have great things in store for him.

23. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    ricky scored a belter in training yesterday, his confidence must be sky high now.

some very generous odds for a dutch victory tonight since we're playing with our youngsters. :D

24. Mighty Dutch

Mighty Dutch Red Card

May 1, 2010
    My bet is on a tie.

I'll post streams latuh, alligatuhs

25. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax