Pre-match: UFC 106 :: Ortiz vs. Griffin II :: 11/21 :: Las Vegas [R]

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Bison1997, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LIVE MATCHES
    * Forrest Griffin vs. Tito Ortiz
    * Anthony Johnson vs. Josh Koscheck
    * Phil Baroni vs. Amir Sadollah
    * Luiz Cane vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
    * Dustin Hazelett vs. Karo Parisyan

TAPED MATCHES
    * Marcus Davis vs. Ben Saunders
    * Paulo Thiago vs. Jacob Volkmann
    * Kendall Grove vs. Jake Rosholt
    * Brian Foster vs. Brock Larson
    * Fabricio Camoes vs. Caol Uno
    * Jason Dent vs. George Sotiropoulos

-- Yeah, this card's definitely missing that Lesnar/Carwin main event. Mono's a bitch.

-- Still should be fun, though - I remain unconvinced that Ortiz still has enough to fight at the top level at 205, even though he swears that he's a new man following his back surgery.

-- Koscheck/Johnson could be a real fight, too. Can Kos get it to the ground without taking too many bombs? Can Johnson keep it standing long enough to get in one of those bombs?

-- Hopefully Sadollah beats the shit out of Baroni.

-- TUF has gone a long way towards bringing in fighters, hasn't it?

2. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Forest vs Tito 2 isn't a very compelling match is it. Should get good PPV buys though.

Koscheck is cocky enough to think he is a good standup fighter, so hopefully he'll try and outstrike Rumble and gets KTFO.

Most looking forward to Lil Nog' versus Cane. I love both Nogueira's and think Lil Nog is a more exciting fighter actually.

3. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYI, Kendall Grove vs. Jake Rosholt and Marcus Davis vs. Ben Saunders will both be broadcast live on Spike TV before the PPV starts.

4. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm juiced for Rumble vs Koscheck, has the potential to be a great fight. Here's to Koscheck getting ktfo!:D

5. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    The Parisyan and Hazelett has been scratched. Apparently Karo did something, because Dana White sent this twit over the internet, “Karo Parisyan has fucked over the UFC, the fans and his opponent again!!! He will not be fighting saturday or ever again in the UFC!!”...hmmm

6. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dana then sent the following two tweets:

If I was Hazelett, I'd be pissed - he had to have started cutting already, too. Happy that he's getting his full winner's purse.

7. adammac19

adammac19 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2006
    Sydney Mines
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Lil nog was very impressive, I would never expect him to beat Cane like he did.

8. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Totally. I never seen Cane run before. He fought & beat some tuff opponents. Your fellow countryman didn't look too shabby either ;)

9. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    I know there was some beef between Josh Koscheck & Dan Hardy, but I wondered if this really happened:
    [​IMG]

10. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It did, just not in this order. Dan Hardy did that after Kos called him out.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKThjBGspdk"]YouTube- Dan Hardy making fun of Koscheck[/ame]

11. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Dooda, I got too caught up in Le Arse vs Chelsea match up, that I didn't read your post until today. Now Zuffa has already took off the vid. It was just of the War of Words between Hardy vs. Koscheck right. I can see why. Koscheck seems to be real tight w/ Swick. Remember the incident on the first TUF. That was because Leben called out Swick. Well he didn't call him out, but reminded him that he knocked him out ;). Kos felt he had to stand for him. I think they are both members of American Kickboxing. I don't know if Hardy can withstand Kos gnp. That is if Kos uses his gnp. He feels he has to stand & throw punches. Should make the 170 weight class a bit more interesting, cause no one can beat GSP.

12. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Kos baiscally said he's the number one contender and not Hardy and he believes he deserves a shot against Hardy to decide who gets to face GSP. Hardy then came out and said Kos was like a peice of turd that wouldn't flush away :D I'm starting to think Hardy's next match after GSP should be Kos would make for one heated battle.

13. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Yeah it makes sense, cause Kos is only a gatekeeper ;)

14. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    either of those dudes gets pwned by GSP.