UEFA UCL 2016/17 Semi-Finals Draw

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Apr 21, 2017.

?

Who would you like to face in the Semi-Finals?

Poll closed Apr 22, 2017.
  1. Atletico Madrid

42.3%
  2. AS Monaco

42.3%
  3. Juventus

15.4%
  1. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Lol Colcjoneros are masochist. We will break their hearts for the 3rd time in 4 years

2. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well yes that makes sense. I just never understand the thinking behind the conspiracy theorists.

3. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You meant 4th time? Don't forget 2015 QF.

Doni repped this.
  4. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Oh yeah Chicharito!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

They are our bitches

5. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    As I said earlier this week, this is our best draw. We know them very well and we have played decently against them under Zidane. We just need to clean up the back and not have Keylor give up poor goals.

Monaco is a wild card. juve always gives us trouble in two leg affairs.

Hala Madrid. I hope the boys get this done!

raven3k, RMSocrates and Eddie repped this.
  6. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    These draws would be very easy to rig. Would it really surprised you to learn that UEFA is a corrupt organisation that would be willing to fix draws for bigger profits? Another derby in the final isn't nearly as lucrative as us vs Juventus, for example. I'm sure a lot of casual fans are sick of that match in the same way I was sick of Liverpool vs Chelsea 8-10 years ago.

7. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I didn't have much of a preference between Atleti and Juve, both have looked very ordinary in some games I've seen, both are good at clearing crosses and can counter effectively.

A very different type of test for Monaco, will be interesting to see how they play against a team that will be more happy to give them then ball. Could turn awkward for them.

Hsain85 repped this.
  8. MadridistaElComanche

Sep 17, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Obviously we have a good record over Atletico in the CL, but its always been unbelievably close, and it feels like it could just be their time just one of these days....

but I feel good about the draw. Plus, I definitely wouldnt want Atletico to lose in the final for a 3rd time in 4 yrs, thats way too harsh. Better for them to exit now.

Oscar and chiku86 repped this.
  9. Xehanort

Xehanort Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Oct 7, 2013
    Mom's basement
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Some of you would've prefered Monaco, but i'm so happy we didn't get them. Their sublime attack, coupled with our dodgy defence (and without two CBs) would be a sure recipe for disaster.

Juve always looks scary, a team that can keep a clean sheet for two straight games against Barça is a force to be reckoned with.

While I f***ing hate Atletico, they're our best matchup. Like some here said we know them well and last couple of games we were superior by far. We just have to be careful with the random fluke from our defence, Atletico knows how to exploit that like last match showed us.

Anyway, onto the finals! HALA MADRIIIIIIID!!

hala_madrid722 and chiku86 repped this.
  10. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    How did they rig it?

11. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Could easily be done by cooling or heating the balls. Requires very little collusion from external parties. Perhaps I was overly assertive in my OP that the draw was literally rigged, but I would not be surprised in the slightest if a corrupt organisation such as UEFA, full of scum fùcks would rig a draw.

12. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So they heated the balls? Just so we got Atelti?

13. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Anyway at this stage does it really matter if the draw is rigged? 4 teams are here for a reason, and its 1/3 chance we would get a matchup with any team. I think at this stage any team can trouble any team. Of Course Juventus and Real Madrid are considered a step up then Atletico and Monaco as of now, but nobody is really far behind. Monaco might be a little behind, the three but they are still a great team and are more than capable of an upset.

russian hattie repped this.
  14. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

15. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And Ian Rush was in on it?

16. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We actually played Monaco 2 seasons ago. However 2 years ago their playstyle was quite different. They were more of a bunkering team and had a great defense, and looked for counters but they could never score, and were horrible. Now they are pretty much the exact opposite. They like to keep the ball and press high looking for goals. But their defense now is extremely shaky and concedes easily. I am not sure if thats better for us or not, but recent history proves that we perform better against teams that like to attack and like the ball.

Although I think we can still beat Atletico, this is one of the reasons I did not want to face them. They play quite similar to us, and I expected there would be a maximum of 3 goals for both teams in the whole 180 min. We might see them in the final if they manage to get through actually.

17. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I guess this is better than Juventus. Personally I think Monaco could score too easily on our defense who aren't exactly great at defending counterattacks. Juventus is a wall that'd be hard to breakdown, and arguably the best defensive team in the world. Atletico are a well known rival, and our history gives our players the mental edge.

It's better the second leg is away because the ability to know how many away goals put you through is important.

chiku86 repped this.
  18. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'd rather take a one off game against Juve. Granted we get past Atletico.

19. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    And that we get past Monaco as well. I hope we don't have an off day in the UCL final. If we make it there, I hope we play the best football we have ever played.

20. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    The most important part in all of this is the fact that we don't have to travel either

YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  21. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Juventus and off days in the final are pretty much synonymous for one another up to this point :D

22. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    If you were given a 0-0 guaranteed result in the first leg vs. Atletico at home, would you take it right now? I most definitely would.

YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  23. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    Yup, but I honestly think we can do better than that and fully expect us too

24. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    The die hard fan in me thinks so too, but judging by our history to concede to them late at home and they come out with a positive tie, I'd sign up for that 0-0 at home and bet on our ability to get something positive away from home.

25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Not really confident we can get a score draw at Calderon in such a scenario. Napoli rattled us in the first half away and Calderon will be crazy in their last ever CL game at the stadium. Ideally I want us to win 1-0 or two goal margin in the first leg.

chiku86 repped this.