UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifications | Play-offs | 13 November 2015: Republic of Ireland

Discussion in 'Bosnia & Herzegovina' started by Bosnian Diamond, Jan 30, 2014.

1. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Ok....

After letting everything settle down some and cooling off a bit here's my take on this whole qualifying cycle.

I think it was apparent that Susic just wasn't tactically competent to take this team to the next level, hell not even to keep it at the pre-WC level, so it was definitely the correct move to replace him. Now, the larger problem is that he has allowed this huge ego bubble to grow amongst some players to a point where his authority has been negatively affected. We needed to bring on a coach who would automatically impose his authority over the team and quash any and all egos. Mesa is not that kind of a coach and and has allowed players free reign. He just doesn't have the balls to get rid of the cancers or even call them out. I know for a fact that Ciro would've gotten the players to the Euros as much as many hate him.

Second, our players are mental midgets and it has never been as apparent as this qualifying cycle. The mental aspect of the game is just as important, if not more, than the physical. We have this mentality of "doom" as soon as one thing goes against us during games. If the FA is serious abut winning and competing at tournaments than they need to hire on a sports psychiatrist to work with the players. This is especially important for the younger players on the team.

Tactically, we were just poor to say the least. All wins we've had this qualifying cycle could be mostly attributed to individual brilliance as we've had no structure what so ever. Game in, game out we all see how easily opposing coaches gameplan to neutralize Pjanic yet see no adjustments, either in-game or game to game. What is the thinking there? If it doesn't work, try the same thing and then try it again?? Pjanic needs players that are technically strong on the ball to play along side him so that possession and link up play can be established and thus prevent opponents to easily neutralize him yet we see Mesa play Vranjes and Cocalic in there who are just "destroyers" and add nothing else to that position. Cimirot, Milosevic, and Hajrovic need be all given a shot at that spot next to Besic if Pjanic is to play CAM (which he's not).

Finally, Lulic is a player that's everywhere yet at the same time shows up nowhere. I really have no clue how he is a core player at Lazio because with the NT he plays "kao muha bez glave" as he's fast yet clumsy, kills more of our counterattacks than he contributes to, and cannot put in a good cross if his life depended on it. If he is to remain on the team then he should be moved to RB and let Kolasinac and Kvesic play LB and give someone else a shot at LW.

čarobnjak, Medophile and bosna10 repped this.
  2. Pjanic2Dzeko

Pjanic2Dzeko Member+

Oct 23, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    This. I don't want to see what club someone plays for as a huge argument anymore. Lulic is a Bosnian league level player who has somehow been in Serie A for 4 years.

Hadzjia Sven Susic and Medophile repped this.
  3. ABiH12

ABiH12 Member+

Sep 18, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    What an absolutely painful game. Ive never watched a game that we've played where I literally had no hope. Even against Argentina, both the friendly and WC game, I had at least some hope of a result. Today was just incredibly awful. It just felt like I was watching a replay of a game that I already knew the score of and was still praying that it would magically change.

4. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Yep. I was going to mention something like this as well. Mesa didn't look in control at all. With that i also don't think our practices were as tough or tougher than before. How do i know? Well if a guy like Cocalic and Zukanovic looked great at practices(i'm guessing that's how he chose which guys to go with...wasnt random right?) then how is it that they were getting overrun so easily during games? Well that must be because your practices aren't intense enough and so all these guys looked good. Again just a speculation but i think it's valid because i have no clue what exactly they did so well besides head the ball and once in awhile intercept it(usually without so much pressure).

Hadzjia Sven Susic repped this.
  5. Gunner84

Gunner84 Member

Jun 22, 2014
    Wrexham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Keep your head up fellas. This aint the end of the world.
    Now is the time to take your own league a bit more serious (not that there's anything wrong with having your players playing in a different country),, but build up young talents for future. You do have the talent, so you better use it.

6. Mustafa Filipovic

Dec 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    One of the main problems is that we simply don't have a replacement for Misimovic. We no longer have that creative attacking playing style.
    Lulic is extremely inconsistent and tonight was one of his worst performances I have seen in a very long time. Also, Medo and Vedo do not deserve to be on the NT anymore. Same goes with Spahic. Spahic is consistently a liability.
    I have not seen a great performance from Vedo and Medo in years. Both for the NT and at club level. The two goals Medo scored against Cyprus is an anomaly. Other than those two goals, he's been mediocre.
    Since their performances have been mediocre for years, why not put some other younger mediocre players? At least they may show something that we have not seen before, because we KNOW that we won't see anything special from Medo and Vedo.
    Medo and Vedo are playing at the same level as Cocalic and Anel Hadzic. Except that Cocalic and Hadzic are younger and might still improve a little and contribute to the NT for a few years to come.
    I respect and love Ibisevic as a person. He may be one of the best persons on the squad, but as a NT player, his time has passed.

Playing against a team which defends a lot and bunkers in, Lulic is useless. Passing, crossing, and shooting abilities are far more valuable than speed in situations like this. Salihovic or Hajrovic would have been far more useful for example. Those players should have been taking long range shots from outside the box. If the defenders don't come out and press, then keep on attempting to shoot. Something is bound to go in or bounce in front of Dzeko. If their defenders do get drawn out of position and start pressing even more, then it could potentially open up gaps that players like Hajrovic and Salihovic could exploit. It would also increase the likelihood of fouls around the box. Attempting to draw founds around the box, while having players like Pjanic and Salihovic on the pitch is never a bad thing!
    We also knew that their goalkeeper was't necessary their strongest asset. Why not test him from long distance?
    I never understood why none of our coaches ever considered the "long shots" as a valid option.

Another thing I am really pissed about is that Armin Hodzic was not used in the past few games. How many goals does Hodzic have to score and how many more goals does Ibesevic need to miss? WTF

After the first half... after realizing that we are not able to brake into their box with Lulic and we are wining 0% of areal battles. This is what I would have done as a coach.
    Replace Lulic with Armin Hodzic.
    Replace Visca with Hajrovic
    Replace Medunjanin with Salihovic and move Pjanic back.
    This would have been the formation.
    Dzeko
    Hodzic - Salihovic - Hajrovic
    Besic - Pjanic
    Kolasinac - Zukanovic - Spahic - Vranjes
    The whole approach would be to have Hajrovic and Salihovic take long distance shots from far out.
    Everyone would be in charge of making sure to set them up for shots.
    Dzeko and Hodzic would be in charge of picking up the deflections and rebounds.
    We would have been an approach that avoids their defensive and areal strengths and focused on our long distance shooters to cause problems from far out.
    Salihovic and Hajrovic shooting abilities are so underused!!!
    Medunjanins "creativity" and Ibisevics "returning form" are inventions by our media.

spuzzaccute repped this.
  7. Nermin Kolašinac

Jun 5, 2013
    Lahmfan's crib
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    We don't deserve anything, we thought we were Brazil but actually we are just on level with Norway. They can all fnuck off, only Dzeko deserves better

Medophile and Randy Marsh repped this.
  8. čarobnjak

čarobnjak Member+

Apr 22, 2014
    Finland
    Club:
    FK Velez
    We need to build a team again. A unite that breathes together, fights together and celebrate together.

Sport psychiatrist from abroad to erase our weak Bosnian mentally from existence. Set up rules that have to be held (e.g. Not playing in club level = no call-up for you). Try to set a formation that every team of ours should play (from the U16 gathering to the A-team) so it can be easier to integrate a youth player who's been performing well straight to our A-team. Encourage youth in our domestic league as well. New youth coaches for every level who are good in working with young players (e.g. Admir Adzem). Give Jagodic a scouting job as well (instead of that clown Tulic ), alongside Papac and Rahimic.

Most of this is just me dreaming and most of these things, if not all, will not happen anytime soon.

9. čarobnjak

čarobnjak Member+

Apr 22, 2014
    Finland
    Club:
    FK Velez
    You guys have my support in the Euros, same with Belgium and Ireland. All have great fans.

10. Randy Marsh

Randy Marsh Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #8860 Randy Marsh, Nov 17, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
    After a failure like this everyone will talk about massive changes. But I fear things will stay basically the same. If you remember back in 2007/08, this current team and the success we had was built out of complete chaos and changes were forced. All the main players were boycotting and then guys like Dzeko, Ibisevic, Salihovic etc got the chance. Does Bazdarevic dare to ******** off people like Medunjanin, Lulic and Ibisevic now? Should he? Do we have alternatives?

I think we are in shit above our head. Luckily our next qualification group is really poor. We are also in the strange position that our opponents overestimate us. I was reading some Irish pundits and fans, and they were all quite scared of us and expected a lot. So you have teams at about our level playing so defensively and preparing so well. We used to have even teams like Estonia thinking they could outplay us so then we would crush them. Now you get Israel, Wales, Ireland etc playing extremely defensive against us and we struggle to cope.

11. Besic17

Besic17 Member+

Feb 24, 2015
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    No chance we'll finish ahead of a Belgium side who are starting to peak. It will be Baraz once again and the opponents will be much tougher.

12. Randy Marsh

Randy Marsh Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Off course we won't finish ahead of Belgium. We will be second or third. Our group is Belgium and a shower of shit.

13. Besic17

Besic17 Member+

Feb 24, 2015
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Yea, I doubt Greece will improve that much. That country is a mess. It will take them more than years to rebuild and be a relevant team again.

Too bitter to be thinking about that right now though. It's so much easier to support a club side, there's always the "next season". Just those few weeks off in June/July and then you go again with a new season. With the NT you have to wait almost a whole f*cking year before playing meaningful games again.

Medophile repped this.
  14. duffman666

duffman666 New Member

Nov 14, 2015
    Club:
    Finn Harps
    Hard luck to Bosnia, would have prefered if we both could have been at the euros! goodluck in the world cup and sometimes a set back is a chance to come back :)
    #COYBIG

15. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
  16. Randy Marsh

Randy Marsh Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well to be honest Dzeko didn't do much yesterday. How many duels did he win against Clark and Keogh? How many big chances did he miss against Cyprus and Wales? Or Nigeria for that matter. He has no less blame for this than Pjanic, Begovic or anyone else.

17. spuzzaccute

spuzzaccute Member

Nov 5, 2013
    switzerland
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    A meni Begović već polako načinje živce

18. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Ibisevic says it's time for changes in the national team, whatever that means.

19. bosniakos

bosniakos New Member

Jul 31, 2012
  20. BosanskiRambo

BosanskiRambo Member+

Manchester City
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Jun 4, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    sounds like he may be retiring.

21. Randy Marsh

Randy Marsh Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well some things never change, like him missing a sitter in the playoff. 3rd time he has done it. Well done. :inlove:

22. BosanskiRambo

BosanskiRambo Member+

Manchester City
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Jun 4, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Do you guys mind if I post the same comment in two different places or... Because the thread I posted it in seems to have no traffic, unlike this one.

23. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    [​IMG]

108thLegendary and BosanskiRambo repped this.
  24. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
  25. BosanskiRambo

BosanskiRambo Member+

Manchester City
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Jun 4, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team: