Pre-match: UEFA CL - Shakhtar Donetsk vs. SSC Napoli @ Metalist Stadium

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by cipro, Sep 12, 2017.

1. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Mertens need to play in these meaningful games. Anything else is just piss poor decision making. No excuse when he's healthy.

Sacki repped this.
  2. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Well, alright. But no matter how many times a reread his post it looks to me like he was saying that Hamsik is actually a piece of shit that has never done anything good for the team (he's been mediocre for years, cannot remember a game that Hamsik played a decent game, and so on and so forth). I remember quite vividly that last season and seasons before Hamsik would often be amongst the ideal 11 of Serie A, and therefore to say that he hasn't had a good game in years seems to me to be exaggerated to an unreasonable degree. However, I agree that Hamsik needs to show something and he perhaps needs to be benched, as he hasn't been doing too well this season so far. The fact that Rog has barely seen the pitch since the beginning of the season is blasphemous.

3. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    But we used to have that very same problem with Gabbiadini. He could barely find a decent position and once he finally did so, nobody could provide the pass. Then, when finally all the pieces came into place, which happened once or mostly twice a game, he would miss the opportunity. So far it looks like with Milik it will be the same story all over again, although I can't see why, as Milik should at least be able to score from set pieces.

4. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I agree with everyone else. Sorry but Mertens needs to start this game. Especially when it's sandwiched between Bologna and Benevento.

With the games coming up I completely understand you have to rest guys but this was absolutely the wrong time to rest him.

Sacki repped this.
  5. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Should've started Mertens here and given Milik the start against Benevento this upcoming weekend.

6. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    That's what we think, Sarri will probably rest him against City...

7. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Information of this kind appears every once in a while, especially after surprising results. I don't think it'll amount to anything beneficial to us.