Pre-match: UEFA CL - Shakhtar Donetsk vs. SSC Napoli @ Metalist Stadium

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by cipro, Sep 12, 2017.

1. cipro

cipro Member

Oct 9, 2005
    PhuckHead
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Match Thread.

Lets see if my luck continues.

Sempre Podcast Preview of this game:
    https://semprepodcast.podbean.com/e/season-2-sempre-who-are-shakhtar-donetsk/

If you want to read a preview from NapoliFootball while taking a shit:
    http://napolifootball.com/2017/09/12/shakhtar-donetsk-napoli-official-squad-list-possible-formation/

Forza Napoli!!!

Sacki repped this.
  2. AvantiNapoli

AvantiNapoli Member

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Hopefully we see Zielinski, Diawara and Allan jn thr midfield as Hamsik and Jorginho were not good last game, whether it be from injuries or not, they werent sharp. I dont see much trouble in this match; if we play like we did against Nice away, we will win. Hopefully Milik has a good game if he plays, we need to save Dries

3. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    1st game is always crucial. We need the 3 points especially away from home. I hope we play with Zielinski-Diawara-Allan.

4. Raphillon

Raphillon Member

Jan 22, 2014
    Roma
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hamsik will play, Sarri said.

5. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Apparently

Reina
    Hysaj Albiol Koulibaly Ghoulam
    Allan Diawara Hamsik
    Callejon Milik Insigne

This is what's being talked about as our starting lineup.

6. Brandon0921

Brandon0921 Member

Napoli
    Italy
    Jul 18, 2017
    How are you guys watching the game today? Doesn't appear to be available live in the US.

7. AvantiNapoli

AvantiNapoli Member

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Buy an amazon firestick and hack it, put kodi on it and download sportsdevil, best thing i have ever bought, can watch any game

8. O'Ghiattone

O'Ghiattone Member+

Jan 11, 2014
    Ireland
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    el napulitan and Il Ciuccio repped this.
  9. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    What is wrong with Sarri? Why on earth won't he rest hamsik, he's running him into the ground at this point. His agent even stated the same, saying he'd rather rest him for an entire game than do whatever the f he's doing now. With hamsik on the pitch thats 60 minutes of sloppy passing and breaking down play's. It makes no bloomin' sense

el napulitan and Sacki repped this.
  10. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    “He has characteristics that none of our other midfielders possess, especially playing between the lines.'' - Sarri

I think this is quite true, in fact. It might look like Hamsik has been doing bad, but his presence on the pitch is often important. People tend to judge things too rashly, like the fact that we scored 3 goals in the last game after Hamsik had been subbed off. However, from my point of view, Hamsik's substitution hadn't really affected the fact that we scored later on. Insigne just finally got it right along with Callejon and it simply worked out, then the players found their ease and everything went smoothly. I don't think the substitution of Hamsik had anything to do with Callejon's goal. Football is not that simple, fortunately.

Caleb Hilliard repped this.
  11. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    He isn't sharp as he usually is, and thats transparent as anything. Who cares about how useful he is when he's tired, when his impact is unrivalled when he isn't on his last legs. I'd bench a tired hamsik for a fresh zielinski for ability alone, let alone to help hamsik get back to his best. Its annoying seeing him lasting 60 mins every game

12. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Just win.

Euphorius Thor repped this.
  13. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Perhaps you're right, but sts I tend to think that there must be a good reason or two that justify the fact that Sarri is a coach, sth like seeing a few of the fundamental rules of football that we don't. Or understanding some better than we do. As I have said, it is not so easy. Perhaps Zielinski from the start would be as bad as Hamsik or even worse and Hamsik would make the impact that would win us the game. Perhaps Hamsik would come while it's 0:0 against Bologna, substituting Zielinski, and the game would be the same as if it were vice versa(as it actually was 3 days ago against them).

14. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Even his agent is arguing the same thing, and you can tell from Hamsiks reaction that he isnt happy being subbed every game. When Sarri's tactics directly relating to the player affects the player to their detriment, then you gotta consider how effective it actually is. Imagine the lack of enthusiasm on hamsiks part knowing whatever you do you'll get subbed after an hour anyway. I just don't understand Sarri's reasoning, I hope he can provide some insight in the post match comments.

15. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Hamsik hasn't been very good of late hope that changes today.... but I really don't like Hamsik and Zielinski starting in CL games, most respectable teams run it over pretty quickly

16. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I think Sarri's cautious/naive to start Zielinski ahead of Hamsik, because lets be real they are like for like in his gameplan. Unfair Rog who is the natural replacement for Allan doesn't get to see the light of day. But enough with the pessimism, this match is too important

Sacki repped this.
  17. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We have to win.

Hysaj is just not good ebough in my view.

18. cipro

cipro Member

Oct 9, 2005
    PhuckHead
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Fudge. Theyre up 1-0. Our midfield is non existent.

19. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I knew it was coming, absolutely no control in midfield
    funny we always look like this without jorginho, funny.

20. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Without Jorginho our midfield is always lost.

Mertens being benched was also stupid.

21. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Just someone score please lol,

callejon I know I've said some things but if you score now...

22. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    People may defend ADL but everything happens from the left. Hysaj shoulf be a sub for easy games and we really need someone decent on the right.

Sacki repped this.
  23. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    why is diawara not in the box on corners?!!!!! we've had 7 corners so far why the fck is he not in there

24. Hustle and Flo

Hustle and Flo Member+

May 20, 2015
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Man you guys have awesome jerseys.

25. Hustle and Flo

Hustle and Flo Member+

May 20, 2015
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Lol.. how many Brazilians does Shaktar have? They're just hoarding them in Ukraine apparently.

26. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    My thoughts

1. Reina should have saved the goal but he is weak on low balls. We have seen this again and again

2. Like all the games this season the right side is almost none existent. Hysaj and Maggio just don't cut. Hysaj is not strong defensively and adds very little in attack

3. Hamsik should not have started. Appaling game from him

4. Why Mertens was benched and Milik started is beyond me. Milik has been our worst transfer if you consider his price. I have to yet see a game where he actually does anything meaningful

Ryan11 repped this.