PBP: UEFA Champions League - R16 1st Leg | Chelsea FC v FC Barcelona | 20 February 2018 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Feb 17, 2018.

1. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    LOL....you would think at some point CR’s luck would run out.

2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Luck finds you when you're riding the Marcelo-Kroos-Modric-Isco-Carvahal gravy train.

3. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    True this, but I believe that 3 or 4 of Ronaldo’s 10 goals at the end of the Champions League last year were blatant offsides. And then his first goal in the final took a slight touch off Bonucci; otherwise the shot was going into the chest of Buffon.

And then against PSG, for the penalty Kroos was offside. I believe there was an offside in the build up to the knee goal as well.

That is a lot of luck in a short amount of time.

4. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    966270991340134401 is not a valid tweet id

Jose Jr also retweeted a few pro-Messi tweets including these two:

966071418516574209 is not a valid tweet id

966327370390147074 is not a valid tweet id

ShortyMac repped this.
  5. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Rattlehead and unclesox repped this.
  6. monere

monere Guest

I like Chelsea more than Barca, but I have a strong feeling you will go through to the quarter finals. The individual quality is way in your favor, and you only need to block 2 men IMO (Hazard and Willian) to devoid Chelsea of any attacking power and/or creativity. Those 2 players marked tightly and Chelsea will pose no threats anymore. As for scoring, I'm sure it will be easy to put a couple goals into their net in the 1st half and then do your possession thing to hold onto the result :(

7. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    its quite bizarre how much he loves Messi given how much his Dad hates anything Barcelona related (at least gives that impression)

8. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Well, kids like to rebel against their uncool parents. This trait must drive Mourinho Sr. crazy though! :sneaky:

unclesox and condor11 repped this.