UEFA Champions League 2011/2012 Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by sidspaceman, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    when was the last time Chelsea played like the greatest team in the history of football?

when was the last time Chelsea touched the heavens of football as they say? lol:D

2. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    if they cannot win like men, they should have the dignity of losing like men. Playing like cowards just ruins futbol. And they certainly did, since they played like cowards vs bayern also.

3. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

They weren`t playing Barcelona in Munich in the final!!

Look man your not going to convince me.....Chelsea played like bitches....como un equipo chico, ratonero....

4. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    They played like a great team under Jose Mourinho. Touch the heavens? Probably never. But they have a CL trophy at the end of the day, and thats what matters.

Barcelona on the other hand, for all that great football and all the people they swept aside during this spell. For all the praise they get [and rightfully so] still only came out of this spell with only 2 CL titles. So yeah, we will remember them for their football and how they touched the heavens, but trophies are what matter. Its always nice to win in style, but its still pretty nice to win, no matter how its done [unless blatant cheating]/

5. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    only two?

lol

6. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    So you think its fun to see teams giving up before 60 minutes in the match, as Barca batter them time and time again? I think its actually a true test of Barcelona's superior football, to try and break down a bunker. After all, its their slick passing and penetration [as well as possesion and touches and many other things] that they get praised for. Lets see how good they are against a team that doesnt allow all that space for them to run wild in.

Some people think they ruin football. I can respect that view, but how many of you still tuned into the CL final despite the fact you knew Chelsea would come out and play like they did?

7. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Well you could count Rijkaards win with Ronaldinho, but that was a slightly different team, even though there was still some of that personell in the Pep's first win.

And yeah, to me... only two. The way everyone talked about Barcelona, and called them the greatest side ever, and called Messi better than Diego, you'd expect them to ...

1. Win more than 2 in Pep's reign
    2. Win the CL back to back, which no team has ever done [since it changed from the European cup. ]

8. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I had hoped, that since they were not playing barca, that they would actually let the men come out and play, but they didn't, they played like cowards vs bayern munich.

oh well I guess a trophy is a trophy right? [​IMG]

9. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    are you kidding

I will always remember how these last 2 CL finals were played and how they were won.......Its like its not even the same fackin sport!!!!!!!!

10. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Trophies ain`t the only thing that matter. I guess we just disagree on some things brotha

benni... repped this.
  11. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Pep's Barcelona has been talked about as the greatest side ever not just of this generation. Did you ever read/hear of other great sides like Michel's Ajax, Cryuff's Barca/Ajax or Arrigo Sachi's Milan? Do you know how many Champions League/Euro Cups they managed to win each?

Barcelona didn't only just win 2 Champions Leagues in 4 years, they won 13 trophies out of 16 competitions in 4 years. I think history will remember this team fondly like other great teams are remembered. The funny thing is those two trophies they didn't win were won by Mourinho's teams. (Inter & Chelsea:D)

12. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    well they did win 6 trophies in 09 and won 5 trophies in 2011. They trashed the greatest teams in world football, Man U in the CL last year, Real Madrid 5-0, ect. Did Diego and Argentina do that?? NO!!!!:D;) All while playing the most beautiful football I have ever seen....and most likely will ever see!!!!!!!!!

13. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    I personally dont use Copa Del Rey, The Super Cup, CWC as a serious measuring stick of greatness. I barely use la liga. I know thats a bit harsh, but just just the way I look at it.

I did hear, and watch some of those great sides. I think Barcelona can claim a spot in and around that category, but I cant put them above any of those teams [not saying you said that]. If they had won more CL trophies, then its another story.

To be fair, Maradona took an Argentina side to a WC win, with less talent than Messi's Barca, or Argentina side.

14. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Will you kids remember ?

should have specified....like man years....my bad.

15. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    it gets talked about as if no one remembers.

the british teams in the champions get more boring as soon as the stakes start getting higher.

congrats on winning but it's not a game i'm watching.

16. Pajaro Negro

Pajaro Negro Member+

Jun 27, 2007
    ColoRADo
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You have to wait until daddy comes to LA and shows you how to drink like a man. How did the Lakers do? Oh and FACK CHELSEA!

17. slkdave

slkdave Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    San Diego
    Don't forget the to bring him these:
    [​IMG]
    :ROFLMAO:

Pajaro Negro repped this.
  18. Swag Flu

Swag Flu Member+

Sep 11, 2008
    Lo$ $candalou$
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Wow. I skimmed through this, but I just noticed you totally bit the Ghost Chronicles. You have been seriosuly exposed before for being a next level ********. Here ya go again. Scroll down to NUMBER 7 if anyone wants to see who this guy just bit LMAO you are wack.
    http://bigghostnahmean.blogspot.com/

I wish your library was next to me so I could go in there and slap da shit outta you with my favorite Curious George copy. Don't worry...I'd make sure it's paper back so I don't give your soft as a grape ass a brain hemmorage. Why is it that fat people and people from the gay area just don't get along with me? :( I guess I'm just built to keep you all in your place. Now go ahead and take your time trying to come up with something original and quit biting people. This ain't the first time I've caught you doing this in your posts, but since you came at me with it. You shall be exposed with your fake itnternet alias. It's a sorry existence you have here, and in all likelihood in real life as well.

19. Swag Flu

Swag Flu Member+

Sep 11, 2008
    Lo$ $candalou$
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    How's the XBOX LIVE stalking life going, bruh? :cool:

20. El Cinquillo

El Cinquillo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 5, 2010