PBP: UCL - Manchester United FC vs Paris Saint-Germain - Feb 12, 2019 [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Feb 9, 2019.

1. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If been pretty steadfast that I think Poch is the right guy for the job despite what Ole has done. But I'm resigned to the fact that Ole will likely get the job now unless we struggle and fall out of the top 4. And I'm okay with Ole getting the job. He's shown a lot of good things.

2. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    On the plus side, and I'm not sure who said it, but I agree with the premise Ole is likely to have a very high floor.

I can see him allowing our talent, derived simply from our financial clout, to overcome a lot of the easier league games. That alone will see us into the top 4 often I think.

It's not optimal. But it's a benefit. And hey, maybe he can really grow as a manager with us.

3. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Totally agree. My preference of Poch is just because I think he's a more sure thing. IMO he's going to be a killer at the first club that actually gives him financial backing. I want that to be us.

4. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Imagine how much better we would transition if we had a 6 who after winning the ball, would then find Pogba or an attacker early while the opposition is still spread out, instead if taking 3 or 4 extra touches and going backwards?

johno, Anonymous_United and J'can repped this.
  5. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Which regardless of the manager we choose raises the big elephant in the room which is investment.

We need substantial investment in the summer, didnt get it last (can make assumptions why but they are just that, assumptions) - so the jury is still out on what level of funds will likely be forthcoming.

jnielsen repped this.
  6. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    We didn’t get funds because the targets involved were bollocks, as was the manager. 100% sure that if we were linked with good players who fit the brief and they were available for prices that didn’t take the piss, we’d have bought them.

7. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It was more pronounced to me in this game. Most prem teams we can still pull through it.

Think I still have the game recorded. I am going to try and watch again. What I thought was a good spell in the first half by matic might have been the psg plan after all.

Yeah I know I'm slow on the up take

8. sera alexandra

sera alexandra New Member

A.S. Roma
    Italy
    Feb 19, 2019
    Im hoping they can turn this tie around, Barca style

9. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If we do, we do United way. We don't need no Barca style[emoji849]

10. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    If we do barca way we will def need referee's help.

11. sera alexandra

sera alexandra New Member

A.S. Roma
    Italy
    Feb 19, 2019
    Yes, I would want nothing more than it done with Pogba Marauding up the field and scoring outside the box. In reference to barca, i was referring to the scoreline psg 6-1 overturn in the second leg of last years last 16.

12. jnielsen

jnielsen Member+

May 12, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Lol, you nailed it!