UCL - Man. City vs. S.S.C. Napoli - matchday 3

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Sacki, Oct 17, 2017.

1. vesuviani

vesuviani Member+

Jan 7, 2013
    Toronto
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Guys guys guys. The thing about soccer is, there is a ball and when one team has the ball they need to get the ball in to the opposing team's net but here is where it gets interesting. The opposing team will try to take that ball and score in the other net.
    AND YOU CAN ONLY USE YOUR FEET!

Unless, of course, you are a goalkeeper. They can use their hands but there are rules and rules need to be followed.

Cleats gentlemen, Cleats.

Gotta open our eyes here.

Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  2. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Guys come down. We played the most in form team in Europe. Guardiola said this was the strongest team he faced.

Let us not be emotional.

1. Sarri is the best coach Napoli can have and in my view top 5 in the world
    I don’t agree with his squad rotation but clearly his system does not work with making too many changes.

2. We were nervous today
    I blame Hamsik, Albiol and Reina. They did not act like leaders. Apart from the first half our we were good

3. Hamsik is a pussy
    He is a great player but he should not be captain and he needs to be benched. His problems are mental.

4. Right back
    Hysaj is just not good enough to start and Maggio is a joke

5. Lack of depth
    ADL is too blame. We really lack options in attack, in goal and defense

Some say Man City looked average. Guess what we made them look average after we overcame the shock. In every game Man City looks very dominant

We did very well we have to beat Inter.

3. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    We actually look good like 15 last seasons. This season we're much weaker (lack of incoming transfers last 3 years do that to you) than we were before the war. Idk how on Earth anyone can underestimate us in 2017, lol

4. Hustle and Flo

Hustle and Flo Member+

May 20, 2015
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Whoa, a Shakhtar fan?

You're like a super rare Pokemon or something.

cipro, Sacki and Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  5. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    This is exactly what I still can't digest. I don't believe he said this seriously, because then that would mean that anyone could be a coach, anyone! For how can one not see the difference between resting 2 of our essential players against Spal and then against MC?

Sarri is extremely stubborn, which is very unlucky for us because he has obviously not yet gotten experienced enough to manage these kinds of games, the experience with RM probably wasn't enough.

Or he just doesn't care, as I truly believe he must know the difference between he two things mentioned above.

6. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    It's not that you're underestimated, it's that (no offense) you're not a European heavyweight. Neither are we, but you guys are probably in that bracket of top 25-30 best teams in Europe but possess the strength to beat any team from the 15th+ ranked position.

Retrosword repped this.
  7. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Perhaps Shahtar should beat us again, Sarri needs a solid wake-up call, and 4 losses out of six CHL games would be a good one. If you look at the first 30 minutes, and I refuse to take the rest of the match into serious account(we can't say City were still trying so hard after going two goals up), then we have absolutely nothing that would make us worthy of calling ourselves even a better club.

If we cannot compete with England, and Juventus cannot compete with Spain, then we are indeed not much better off than Shahtar, the team that has already beaten us once, and quite easily at that.

Sacki and Retrosword repped this.
  8. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    You go under the radar alot. I've always felt that whilst you'e a selling team, with the amazing scouting network and talent and your disposal you can do a bit better (like porto for example). You're teams usually nowhere to be seen after group stages/R16 which is why you're underestimated, despite having the talent to upset good teams

9. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I hope with an easier schedule around the crunch games with shakhtar and city we'll be in a better position to succeed, not to mention they'e both home. This reminds me of last year when we messed up vs besiktas with us getting 1 point in 2 games with them which made the next 2 games harder. The difference is its man city and shakhtar this time, not dynamo kiev and benfica

10. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    A huge difference, I would say. Also, the City fans claim that their team has been doing better playing away games so far this season. Another factor that's pissing me off.

It's amazing how in football things can change so rapidly, now if Inter will get lucky, which is entirely possible, it could have a very noticeable impact on our players and everything. Now we have managed to proceed into the uncharted waters, where in just a couple of weeks we could lose the 1st place in Serie A as well as the hope for qualifying into the next round of CHL, and that could have devastating effects on the squad.

With CHL, the job of a coach, a manager, changes drastically. Sarri is still perhaps not experienced enough to manage the whole of the spectrum. Hopefully, he will learn and find a way to save the situation. I believe that he has what it takes to learn from his mistakes, and to evaluate the results properly and make certain decisions that will change the bad things in what we have shown thus far. In spite of that, now we have to rely on luck and many other factors, it's no longer as purely within our grasp as it was before.

Sacki and Retrosword repped this.
  11. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I just dont understand why players like allan and rog dont play every time. Rog would be a regular in teams like liverpool, arsenal and so on, to me it looks like sarri just doesnt give a fuk about him.
    zielinski and diawara stand still too often, imo even more than hamsik and I fukn cant stand that, they have no excuse for not working harder .... at least rog works hard when he plays...

add to that that we are worse at home in a stadium with a running track... hopefully guardiola will just let us win because he loves us so much.

Euphorius Thor repped this.
  12. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I don't get it as well, and I totally agree with that statement about Hamsik. Yesterday, especially for the first 30 minutes, he was absolutely terrible(but hey, who from our squad wasn't?), yet you cannot say that Hamsik didn't try as hard as he could, he was running all around the pitch and trying to intercept balls, always returning to position quickly immediately after he had tried to press the defense, so he had the passion at least, the desire to do something great. Ziel. and Diawara just looked like they thought it was an exhibition game. I was often thinking, why the ******** does it take them so long to react? Sometimes you could just see them as if wondering if they should or should not run after the ball.

Hh, I definitely had that thought as well, Guardiola could help us after all the praise he had bestowed upon us. But knowing him, he will probably do the opposite, and consider the second match a challenge, something to prove to himself and to others as well, and therefore I think he will try to win even harder than he did yesterday. Only PL schedule could help us out a bit, but PL actually has good management, SA has nothing that would even slightly resemble any such thing.

13. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The two teams i like stoke and Napoli have been put to the sword by city whom are great to watch admittedly, but I suspect are a paper tiger until kompany comes back. Not all hope is lost for the return.

14. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    The 2 teams are quite a contrast eh?

Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  15. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah Stoke are rubbish I know, oh well.

16. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Yesterday we weren't that far from ending up like Stoke against City though... :D

17. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    The first 15 minutes and I was seriously worried, like my heart was pounding every time city had the ball
    I was talking about how they play, I'm not gonna rub in how bad someones team is lol

18. AvantiNapoli

AvantiNapoli Member

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    The overreaction right now is great, Sarri didnt play Jorginho who I will admit has been our most important player. Zielinski doesnt play defense and with Hamsik he is awful. Completely invisible for 45 minutes. Not sure how anyone can say Rog would start on Arsenal and Liverpool right away...he has limited technical ability, that is why Sarri doesnt play him. People seriously need to stop projecting what they believe on a player because he has yet to play a big game. No one knows what he would have done against man city. He has come on late in games fairly recently and has done nothing, thats not hating on Rog, as I like the player but he would not have saved us. He isnt exactly offensively gifted, he is a vice Allan and I will say when used as Vice Callejon he doesnt do much. Rog should have started over Zielinski but I doubt it would have changed the result. We lost, who the f cares, Napoli wants the Scudetto and it was Man City, we'll win out and get out of the group that way if we are truly strong.

Ps: anyone saying Sarri needs a wakeup call is laughable, he has won 8 out of 8 in Serie A. People act like we have lost the past 5 games.

19. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #144 Sacki, Oct 19, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    I watch the EPL and yes Rog could start over Elneny and Henderson or wijnaldum because he offers what both teams need.

Bossing around Roma and Juventus away but okay guess you're right. if anything he rises to the occasion against bigger teams were against weaker ones he does the simple safe crap he is instructed to do.
    as long as he offers more than standing still with his dick in his hand he would've done more than Zielinski or Hamsik
    Based on what? He might not posses the same skill set as hamsik and zielinski but the way he runs with the ball at such a high speed requires so much technique, his passes are accurate and he can take freekicks.
    he scored against atalanta, an important goal to make sure we won. no1 is saying he wouldve saved us, people just want to see players who look like they care play. You win trophies with players of Rog's attitude
    those are just cameos to make sure we win, all he is doing is basically playing an extra right back.

its not for nothing he is the first player a big nation like Croatia sub on almost every time. Sarri is not being fair to Rog playing zielinski as vice-hamsik and now also as a vice-allan... its come to the point where its hurting even zielinski's development.

Retrosword repped this.
  20. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Ask any dinamo zagreb fan if you think rog has limited technical ability. You do realise he used to play as an attacking midfielder for them, and contributed with a shitload of assists. As for not playing a big game, it was the game against roma in the 2nd half of last season (I think he started that game) that he really shined and made sarri use him more often (he became like the first/second sub sarri used to put on like against real madrid).

Also he has balls. He flies in to challenges. A bit reckless yes, but better than a pussy like callejon thats scared to go for a 50/50 because his hair might lose its fcuking stability. He's probably our strongest midfielder as he can push almost anyone of the ball. Also how can you expect him to do anything in his cameos when sarri usually plays him to consolidate a lead, rather to find a goal. Players like rog and ounas haven't played much because sarri's scared of being premature and launching them too quickly. I don't know how wise that is, but if we keep insisting with zielinski in that role then expect people to be critical.

Sacki repped this.
  21. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    haha, ok, I thought it was a bit shady, stoke have some nifty players but Napoli are a great team. Might not be the worst thing in the world if Napoli just have to focus on the league because the powers at be will want juve as champions despite Napoli being the better team imo.

22. AvantiNapoli

AvantiNapoli Member

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    This is the problem when anyone has any kind of differing opinion, I say I like Rog ans everyone else interprets that as I think he is a shit player. He didnt "boss" Juve or Roma at any point. Ever. So lets stop with that bull shit. He scored on Atalanta, wide open against an Atalanta team pressing from an incredible no look pass from Mertens. Not exactly world class after that one play. Being able to run with the ball doesnt make him technically sound, a player like Ounas is technically sound, I have never seen Rog take a ball out of the air with one touch like Insigne. Hell he might be better than Callejon? Not saying much in that regard. Funny you mention that Atalanta game though, same people who loving Z that game are now bashing him. Gotta love them emotional reactions!! Rog subbing on for likes of Badelj isnt that incredible either, not exactly a nation with world class depth.

That ALL being said I will say what Rog really can do better than any other player on this team. He is fearless in competition. Before anyone knew who the hell Marko Rog was, I enjoyed watching him play. He completely destroyed Iniestas game in the Euro group stage against Spain. Probably the best performance I have ever seen when it came shutting down a key player and rendering him useless. Rog should be playing, but he isnt being used properly (hey something we agree on) and he certainly isnt a winger. We just have zero depth so Sarri is playing him there. He should play more but saying playing him over Zielinski would have won this game is ridiculous. Man City could have scored another 4 times.

23. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    who said that? if it was me I was very drunk so im excusing myself lol.
    We might have been able to play our play better with rog or allan, but since allan was rested he couldve started...
    Everyone called out how bad piotr-diawara- hamsik was before the game

24. AvantiNapoli

AvantiNapoli Member

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I do recall one half in the Roma game he was pretty good, never did he boss an entire game and that is just facts. Now saying that, he hasnt been given enough opportunities but that comes down a bunch of different factors. The main one Sarri not playing him. Until Rog shows that he can score goals and assists, he is an unknown

25. AvantiNapoli

AvantiNapoli Member

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    People are seriously overreacting to the point that one would think from the responses that if we had played Rog, we would have won. But hey I have only gathered that from the numerous responses on how Rog should have played. They are right btw, he should have played.