UC Davis at University of San Diego (9/13)

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by espola, Sep 14, 2019.

1. espola

espola Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    I had divided loyalties on this one - my kid played at UC Davis, but I know the coach and his best player at USD. I was hoping for (in order) a UC Davis win, a tie, or a USD win with Miguel Berry scoring. I got the last one.

Berry scored in the second half on a 30-yard free kick off the keeper's fingertips. Earlier in the game it looked like UC Davis in chage of the game. They almost scored on a couple of nice plays, but the USD keeper tipped one away and got lucky on a right-to-left pass that a sliding Aggie just missed at the open far post.

I watched the game at home on the WCC online network, which is, in my opinion, second only to the UCSB home game broadcasts (UCSB has an edge - there has been a long-time radio broadcast fo the game, so they just added some cameras and kept the excellent, only slightly homerish, play-by-play announcer).

One mystery - the box score shows that a UCD player got a red card right at 90:00. I didn't see that on the webcast and there is no reason stated in the game reports.