U14 and U15 boys IL state cup

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by pitchperfect, Mar 6, 2010.

1. pitchperfect

pitchperfect New Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Anyone have brackets to post? Early thoughts? Just trying to get the discussion going... :)

2. Marbelle18

Marbelle18 New Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Rockford, IL
    According to the IYSa website - brackets will be posted tomorrow

3. Crystal Palace 90

Crystal Palace 90 New Member

Nov 20, 2007
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
  4. y.o.n.k.o

y.o.n.k.o Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I heard that the players who are true U14's from G-force joined a high profile club. ;)

As for the U15's, you are right about that 1/4 final. But even more interesting would be when either Magic or Eclipse faces up against the Wind aka Fire Jrs North.

It may be too early for predictions but what the heck, just for the fun of it:

U15 final - Wind/Fire North vs Sockers FC
    U14 final - Eclipse vs Sockers FC

5. pitchperfect

pitchperfect New Member

Mar 15, 2009

CP - thanks for posting the brackets. From what little I've heard, the majority of the G-Force kids went to Inter FC.

Good call on two interesting games at U15. :)

6. Numero_9

Numero_9 Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The majority of G-Force DID go to Inter FC. My brother plays with the u-13 and they practiced together during this winter.

7. illinisoccer

illinisoccer Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Some have been practicing with the Magic at McCook the last few weeks.

8. Numero_9

Numero_9 Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Of the new guys in Inter im not sure how many of them were G-force, but for sure the twins and the goalie, and 2 other guys. The rest of the new guys might just be guys who the G-force guys brought with them.

9. pitchperfect

pitchperfect New Member

Mar 15, 2009

Regardless of who went where and so forth... does anyone know why the G-Force team broke up? I realize it happens all the time, but the year after winning a state cup... seems unusual. And they were together this past fall, right? Just curious... (would like facts, not speculation, if that's possible.) ;)

10. Crystal Palace 90

Nov 20, 2007
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    At these forums ..............um..........good luck! :D

11. pitchperfect

pitchperfect New Member

Mar 15, 2009

Yeah, I should know better by now... but, it was worth a try. ;)

12. chicano10

chicano10 New Member

Apr 1, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I like u-14 Eclipse boys to take it this year!

13. chicano10

chicano10 New Member

Apr 1, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    anybody knows whats going on with u-14 sockers cup? They are not doing very well right now!

14. notFred

notFred New Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Good question. Watching the MRL, I think sometimes U14 Sockers can beat any team in the country. But they also lose to a bunch of teams they shouldn’t lose to. What does that mean? Does that mean they are dependent on 1 or 2 players, or is it a style matchup, or does that have nothing to do with it? I saw them dismantle my nephew’s team this year, but then I hear they lose to a bunch of teams that should not have been that challenging for them. I know if you give any Sockers team space they will kill you. Do some teams give them too much space while other teams try to close them down? Or again, does that have nothing to do with it. Or is it simply that there are no dominant teams in the Midwest at U14 and the best team is the team that is feeling it that day? I think Sockers have an easier side of the bracket for state cup.

I hear Sockers U15s are really tough. Who else is good at U15, Lemont? I have seen them play, but not against a top team. Hasn’t there been a lot of movement at U15 so that it is impossible to know who the top teams on the field will be?

15. so1mio

so1mio Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Lake Zurich
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    U15 eclipse kids are not bad. Couple very fast kids and pass around pretty well. Forwards are their weakness, imho.

16. chicano10

chicano10 New Member

Apr 1, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Thanks for the info on sockers! I agree they did luck up on the easy side of the state cup! The other side i would say is the group of death!

17. chicano10

chicano10 New Member

Apr 1, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    CAN FIRE JRS. BUILD OFF THIER DALLAS EXPERINCE AND CARRY IT OVER TO BEAT SOCKERS CUP IN THE U-14 BOYS SIDE OF STATE CUP? THE BEAT CAMPTON PRETTY GOOD IN NISL 4 TO 0 ? :confused:

18. chitownseadog

chitownseadog Member

Dec 21, 2006
    Off theLemont site:
    ****The U15 Boys Gold team advanced to the US Youth Soccer National Championships to be held in Kansas in July. The boys advanced to the Nationals after coming in 2nd place in the US Youth Soccer National League.*****
    Yeah They're pretty good : )

19. notFred

notFred New Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Dang, that's pretty good ;-)
    Congrats to them.

20. chicano10

chicano10 New Member

Apr 1, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    U-14 eclipse select boyz are 4 and 0 in mrl premier blue! 12 points, 17 g0als and 1 ga. They beat defending regionals champs mi wolves 5 to 0 this past weeknd. Can sockers or inter stop this hot team in state cup?

21. Crystal Palace 90

Nov 20, 2007
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    At this rate, they'll lock up MRL in a week and will be guaranteed a spot at R2. They will also be eligible for the National League next year (w 2 at large bids for the 2011 National Championship). State Cup may be just a meaningless tune up practice session for them come June :D.

22. chitownseadog

chitownseadog Member

Dec 21, 2006
    so if everything falls into place and all of those things happen do you think the team will stay intact? Or do you think any of the DA clubs have anything that would or could lure kids away from this team. It will be an interesting thing to see but I guess the same could have been asked about Lemont and they're doing great.

23. chicano10

chicano10 New Member

Apr 1, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    What is a DA club?

24. chicano10

chicano10 New Member

Apr 1, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

25. pitchperfect

pitchperfect New Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Check your inbox (upper right-hand corner of the page).