U-21 European Championship

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by O'Ghiattone, Jun 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Don't you want to hear more stories of how our Scandinavian brethren are paragons of virtue?

el napulitan repped this.
  2. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
  3. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    If we are not discussing the little French guy, what is the point of keeping this open? Might as well post YouTube clips of 3-yard passes!

4. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    we could always talk about Verratti's disappointing performance at the 2013 u21 tournament.

5. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    now that's a nice picture....finally a post of substance if a picture is going to be posted

Rosay and Calcio Pauly repped this.
  6. artielange84

artielange84 Member+

Aug 7, 2014
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Can't believe I missed the fun

Great read 10/10

Calcio Pauly and totti fan repped this.
  7. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yeah. it's johnny depp 21 jump street. the gif was so small I thought it looked like Corey Haim was throwing some slow or retarded kid a beatdown and I was like wtf? apparently it was taken from season 1 episode 2 having to do with drugs....lol the scene in the gif happens at around 5:02

8. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan

"Years after the game the Swedish football magazine Offside published a piece about the game and what was said between the players during the 90 minutes at the Bessa Stadium in Porto. They were said in jest – but it was not easy reading for the Italians.

During the warm-up Erik Edman had asked Daniel Jensen "should we go for 2-2?" to which the {cheating} Danish defender smiled and said: "Yes, why not?" Edman then said: "OK, you concede first."

During the game Sweden's Anders Andersson shouted "come on, bloody hell, give us a break now" to Denmark's Thomas Gravesen when Sweden were losing 2-1. "Yes, but then you have to at least go forward," said the {cheating} Danish midfielder, who was dominating the game.

After the final whistle, with the 2-2 result confirmed, the Swedish striker Marcus Allback heard a voice behind him, saying: "Mackan, Mackan." It was Allback's {cheating} Danish team-mate at Aston Villa, Thomas Sorensen, calling him by his nickname before lifting him up in the air. Allback was horrified and shouted: "Let me go, let me go, this is embarrassing."

Looks good... Can't take a pounding

9. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    #434 Ceres, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
    It's obvious that they were only joking ... do you really think they would reveal this to the media, if it was not only joke comments ? ... and it proves for sure, that the Danish FA or coach had not been making a deal with the Swedes, otherwise there would be nothing to joke about or make an agreement about during warm-up ... also Denmark were dominating and scored the first goal, not Sweden, which also prove that the comments above were only ment as a joke.

... and as written, Denmark were clearly dominating and headind for a win, while Sweden were in trouble as Thomas Gravesen is joking about in his reply ... obviously it would be to Denmarks advantage if Sweden were to push forward .. and last ... of course Thomas Sorensen would be happy on behalf of his good friend and team-mate after the match, why should he not be ? ... and again, if they really had fixed the result in advance, they would never have revealed this to the media ...

10. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    If you say so.

11. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    No... the players did ... otherwise Denmark would have concede first, which they did not.

12. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I love your rationalizations.

13. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What do I win?

14. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You are a zealot!!

Now you may consider yourself quite the patriot because you go on and on about how the Danish system is so pristine and above reproach and because you take such pride in your country. But even when you are presented with incontrovertible evidence to the contrary you still persist with your obstinate and illogical viewpoint.

However, I put to you that you are not in fact the patriot that you think you are. A true patriot constantly tests and questions the integrity of their "leaders'. They don't take for granted the gains that they enjoy which have often been hard won by the blood of others. In fact it is the unquestioning loyalty of 'fools' like you that is fodder for tyrants and is the enemy of truly good and honest government.

15. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Couldn't you just have said that his belief in Disneyland is cute?

16. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Germany looking pretty average so far. Portugal is up 2-0, making it look too easy. It makes Italy dropping the ball against Sweden even more pathetic.

17. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #442 Calcio Pauly, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
    Portugal is now Germany'ing the Germans. Quick counter, beat the offside trap, cross and a pass cut back to the trailing midfielder and a thundering kick into the top corner. Everyone was hyping German youth before the tournament too.

Edit: 4-0 now. Another on the counter created by Bernardo. Deflected goal, but the play by Portugal today and direct attack in contrast to their lackluster display vs Sweden the other day where they couldn't make a proper pass in the final third, is night and day different.

18. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ok i somewhat defended you earlier but now you're being a douche.

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  19. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    I like it better when you post as Tottifan. You're much nicer then.

La Magica repped this.
  20. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Shut the ******** up!!;)

21. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    Just joking around totti fan.

totti fan repped this.
  22. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    as was I.

23. Pirlopurity

Pirlopurity Member

Jun 12, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    we don't care. Sweden are irrelevant on the world stage. Portugal will destroy you in the final. We're still the best u/21 team of all time, and won the 2nd most world cups of all time. Sweden have won jack shit:ROFLMAO:

Rosay repped this.
  24. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Each time Italy fail there's always this talk about youth, but the youth talent is clearly there. What they need is a psychologist not better fitness or technical training. Maybe to take all the promising youth and the good trainers and get them out of Italy so they're not subjected to this mentality of doing just enough to get by until it matters.

25. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Congratulations you didn't play like cowards for once in the tournament.