U-20, U-19, and U-17 January Camp (Jan. 4-13, Florida)

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by TheFalseNine, Dec 26, 2018.

1. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    H/t to @bshredder who posted about the camp location and dates over in the U-20 roster discussion thread. Should get a roster soon.

Winoman, Peretz48, Pegasus and 2 others repped this.
  2. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

3. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I updated the thread title to reflect the 3 age groups.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  4. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kind of wish they'd practice at the same location as the full team ala Uruguay.

5. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Ideally, but remember that in Uruguay there's no chance that their senior players will develop an inferiority complex.

6. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Rennicks called in.

Pl@ymaker and ChuckMe92 repped this.
  7. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rennicks and Pepi (U17) are in. Based on Instagram activity, I think Jacobo Reyes (U19) and Edwin Lara (U20) are in but I'm not sure.

8. Luksarus

Luksarus Member

United States
    Jul 27, 2018
    The U15 camp that was scheduled for January will be on the same date?

9. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seems there's not going to be a U15 camp at the same time/location like there was last year. But according to another poster, it seems there's going to be a U14 identification camp at another location. I saw something from '05 Dylan Tellado's IG story that definitely indicated he was receiving a type of USYNT callup, but apparently that's for the U14 camp instead of U15. There has been at least one U14 ID camp before and the information for it has been very poor.

Luksarus and TheFalseNine repped this.
  10. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is that Lara's first call up since his switch?

11. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would be his first callup to an actual roster, yeah. He's filed his one-time switch and is a US player, he just hasn't been on a roster yet other than the preliminary/standby one for the CONCACAF U20s, which I wouldn't really count.

Much of the info that I and others find on Instagram is circumstantial, but it does typically turn out to be correct. I remember for the U20/U19 camp in September we got over half the callups correct, 20+ of 40, in advance of the press release solely by IG stalking, which may or may not be something to be proud of. I could be wrong, though, we'll see.

Pl@ymaker and TheFalseNine repped this.
  12. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Better not to think too much about it if you ask me.

13. OneGoodKnee

OneGoodKnee Member

Jun 5, 2003
    SLC, UT
    There is a west region mini-camp at Stubhub. I know about a couple local 05s who got invited.

14. ckajMonet

ckajMonet Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 8, 2017
    Some players w/ little to no YNT caps I'd like to see get called up - '00s J. Ferreira, B. Aaronson and M. Edwards. '01s C. Kelman, C. Bassett, M. Hoppe, J. Akanyirige and L. Arriaga

15. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Ives said in an article that was posted in the YNT MLS players thread that Siad Haji ('99) is expected is to be at this camp.

16. hellraiser-82

hellraiser-82 Member

May 17, 2004
    buffalo ny
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to see - Lucas Ramalho Ordonho and Nicholas Gioacchini

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  17. EricSunRa

EricSunRa Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Sep 29, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Still not sure about Jesus Ferreira's citizenship, but keep hearing that it is around the corner. Still no official news though. That said, they should call him in anyway. He is a natural finisher.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  18. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I imagine Kelman is close enough to the first team at Southend that they won't release him for this camp. I suspect that this will be a completely domestic camp.

I wonder if the federal work stoppage impacts his timeline at all. We'd heard that he needed to wait until his 18th birthday, which was last week.

EricSunRa repped this.
  19. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    History under Ramos supports this, though there may be a few Mexico-based players as well.

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  20. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First it was wait until he's eighteen and now it's just around the corner. I can't help but be worried as there have been other players in these situations who gave up waiting and played for their other option.

EricSunRa repped this.
  21. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Check out @travismclark’s Tweet:

22. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Kelderman! Legend.

Winoman repped this.
  23. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    K-Dog!

I will be curious to see what new blood is looked at? Are there any pros, college or amateur players he hasn't seen in camp before that Tab wants to take a look at based on their (fairly) recent body of work?

From the college ranks, I think Akron Fr. D Carlo Ritaccio, Wake Forest So. M Omir Fernandez and UVa Fr. F Daryl Dike would be interesting to look at. A flank, a center back and target forward, respectively.

24. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seems like this should be a good opportunity for that sort of thing, given that certain core players should be left with their clubs or just won't be released anyway.

Ledezma and Mendez just became eligible to play in real games (youth & otherwise) and will want to get incorporated into the relevant youth/reserve teams. Soto is allegedly getting a first team winter camp invite. I'm sure there are others.

25. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nick Taitague is in the US training in his hometown in Virginia. Within the last few minutes he said he's having a "last training session before the US Soccer U-20 camp." So he could well be in.

Those I'm confident are in.
    U20: Haji, Rennicks
    U17: Odunze, Pepi, Robles, Saldana

Others who might be in.
    U20: Lara, Taitague
    U19: Reyes