Tyler Adams

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by TheFalseNine, Nov 9, 2017.

1. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    I was going to ask end of which month? :(

Patrick167 repped this.
  2. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I get why people would be frustrated.... you will find no bigger fan of him out there. I literally taped and watched/re-watched all of his matches from last season. He was so impressive... so quickly. I was devastated when he went down. Just have to hope he comes back healthy and continues to develop where he left off. But I would be lying if I told you I wasn't concerned with the length of this injury and said concerns will linger until he shows he can play for an extended time w/o getting injured again.

Eleven Bravo repped this.
  3. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I might rival you on that...

I really hate that he’s been hurt so long, and I’m afraid of how this might derail his career. And, I might be the main one to say, in truth, I rate him actually over Pulisic.

4. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can rival it all you want. I don't have a crystal ball and if my experience as a sports fan has taught me anything it is that life is not fair and my favorite team will not win a championship. As such, I often condition myself for the worst to happen. In this case, he is 20 years old so I have to hope he can recover physically. If he does, then I say his talent shines thru... if he doesn't?.... Well... that would just be another:

[​IMG]

Eleven Bravo repped this.
  5. FTGOTC

FTGOTC Member

Feb 21, 2021
    It’s been almost 3 years(?!) since someone posted here, so this seems as good of a time as any to bump this baby.

6. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

7. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now add Pulisic and it's Team America.

8. Maximum Optimal

Maximum Optimal Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    So was 2019 Tyler Adams the best version of Tyler Adams we'll ever see?

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  9. Magic Sponge

Magic Sponge Member

May 13, 2000
    Nashville, TN USA
    Yanks go Marsching in: Adams and Aaronson at Leeds (may have already been suggested)

Bajoro repped this.
  10. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #860 Paul Berry, Jul 4, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
    "Mar(s)ching on together" would be appropriate as it's the Leeds anthem.

Marko72 and Magic Sponge repped this.
  11. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sort of crazy that Aaronson has passed him by at least by value stats.

12. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Member+

Nov 10, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Inconsistency and losing your starting job will do that. Now I don't think it was all on Tyler (he's far from the only player at Leipzig that took a step back this year) but I think it was clear he needed a fresh start.

FTGOTC repped this.
  13. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
    If you go by Transfermarkt, this has more to do with Aaronson's meteoric rise in value than it does with any real drop in value for Adams.

Transfermarkt had Adams valued at just under $5m when he joined Leipzig. His price rose to $14.3m at the end of his first half season there, and stayed level for a year as he dealt with injuries in his first full season. It then rose to $22m the following year as he started the majority of Leipzig's Bundesliga games in the 20-21 season, subsequently dropping a bit to $18.7m this season as he lost his spot in the lineup. But if he's now being sold for $24m, that's more than Adams' peak estimated value on TM, even back when he was starting regularly with Leipzig.

On the other hand, Transfermarkt had Aaronson valued at just $11m a year ago, and they now have him being sold for $36.13m.

14. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It isn’t surprising at all to me. I like Adams and he’s irreplaceable for the national team but his offensive game has major holes. While Aaronson has potential to be an elite attacker.

15. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Adams is a solid player, but he is not elite. His game has too many holes to be at that level. His forward passing can improve and he needs to clean up his bad passes that he gives in each game.

Jazzy Altidore repped this.
  16. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tyler is still a hell of a player and is still young enough to develop and improve. There is upside there yet. Nowhere near the finished product yet.

Oranje Agony, nobody, Yowza and 2 others repped this.
  17. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Attackers are always valued more. Rightly or wrongfully

18. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with you... CDM is one of the hardest positions to play well. Becoming a destroyer at the EPL level would already put him in a very high class. But to become world elite most will expect that you break the lines on a regular basis. Some will argue that if you have not developed that consistency by now then it won't happen but I think that is poppycock. Adams already knows how to break the lines. Can he get better? Certainly... but it comes with risk. Balancing that risk is what will matter most. I would rather have a CDM at Adams age that does all the D stuff well and is more reserved than a guy who flashes a ton on O but makes mistakes that lead to goals.

19. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he recovers a good amount of loose balls and safely dishes off he will be doing his job. Having the ball with enough time to get his head up to make penetrating passes doesn't come easy for teams at the bottom of the table.

20. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love to remind people that at the same age N'golo Kante was playing at 2nd division French side, Caen. 2 years later he won the Prem. 1 year after that he was French player of the year. The following year he won the World Cup. There is plenty of story left to be written for Tyler Adams.

21. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bingo, and this is where we let Jesse cook. This is a great environment to get Adams to the next level. Year or two, Arsenal and Man U are gonna be drooling and pay double what Leeds did

22. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, there is a chance he becomes player of the year?
    I know anything is possible, but as it stands, we just want him to clean up his errors.

23. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    The takeaway I got from that timeline is we're winning the WC in 2026.

Oranje Agony and RossD repped this.
  24. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't be surprised.

Three and Three repped this.
  25. Ghost

Ghost Member+

Sep 5, 2001
    A transfer that makes sense for everybody.