Tuesday: Name and logo unveiling

Discussion in 'Eads Brigade' started by Sport Billy, Dec 3, 2009.

1. MUhooligan10

MUhooligan10 New Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Columbia, MO
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I'm sure some official team scarves will be designed and made very soon... I hope :D

2. time4wine

time4wine Member

Mar 13, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it was still great to give out the scarves,

3. Monarch Bay Beachbum

Apr 5, 2004
    The OC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What do the new scarves look like?

4. Monarch Bay Beachbum

Apr 5, 2004
    The OC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We must have looked North for the new logo, Green Bay colors and a Cornhusk (Nebraska) design.

5. MUhooligan10

MUhooligan10 New Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Columbia, MO
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    That's not a cornhusk... I would curse the day my team took the logo of those nubbers up north. It's the Fleur de Lis, which os a French symbol that also appears on the St. Louis flag.

[​IMG]

6. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    Sorry - just took these with my crappy iPhone camera.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Monarch Bay Beachbum

Apr 5, 2004
    The OC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, I do realize what it is supposed to be, I was just commenting on what it appeared to be.

Suffice it to say I much prefer the other colors and logo that was on the St. Louis United website.

8. Monarch Bay Beachbum

Apr 5, 2004
    The OC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, thanks for trying. I like the new scarf, it is similar to our old ones. It appears the eads Brigade side is the same but without the bridge and the river.

Is it the same colors as the old one?

9. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did realize that the colors were green/gold until I looked at the little girl's T.

That badge would look good if on a navy blue kit. We need to keep the navy/kelly colors flying.

10. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    They are similar in design except for the "Soccer Comes Home"
    The colors are identical.

11. Monarch Bay Beachbum

Apr 5, 2004
    The OC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see in the other thread that you had them made at the same time and thus they are the same colors.
    Did they specifically announce that the green, gold and white are the team colors today?

12. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    Yes

[​IMG]

13. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the small print states that green and gold are the primary colors - could we still have some blue?
    maybe as a third kit

14. NYFC

NYFC Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Brooklyn
    Agreed. The original crest was great. Don't know why they would change to this and switch those colors. Descent name, but big downgrade in logo.

15. IndyMac

IndyMac Member

Nov 2, 2008
    Evansville, Indiana
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I realize I've been in the minority on this, but please no blue. I hate the blue/green combo, they are too similar and don't look good together in my opinion.

I really like the color scheme, the gold and white really stand out on the green background, and all three colors are easily distinguishable.

On another note, I really liked how that letter was worded. That the owners see the team name and colors as part of brand tells me they are thinking in business terms, which gives me confidence that they will be able to succeed long term.

One last thing, where did you get that letter SB? I can't find it on the website.

16. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    They handed it out.
    Someone sent it to mls-rumors.
    They have it on their site.

17. RedRover

RedRover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    :( Sigh.

I dunno. I guess I'm such a big fan of the King Louie logo that represented St. Louis United. Perhaps they're saving it for the day they're represented in MLS. But the new logo I saw today. I understand all the elements they were bringing forward. But when I see the badge, all I'm thinking of is a footprint from the bottom of a shoe. And the flame-de-lis logo. When it's green and gold on a white background, it does look like a fancy husked stalk of corn.

Maybe it'll grow on me. Maybe it's just so for this new NASL. But for now, sigh. :(

18. bellysk8er2005

bellysk8er2005 New Member

Jul 6, 2007
    any one have a jpeg of the logo would love to use it as my facebook pic. also any time line on when jersey will be unvailed and where we can by them????

19. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Again you didn't read properly. I simply said the SLSU logo looks like the Athletica logo but NEVER said anything about which came first. You assumed and assumed wrong.

The AC St.Louis logo looks pretty dull and unimaginative and they would've been better off if they went with the SLSU logo.

20. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    To me, this implies that the Athletica version predated the SLSU version.

However, is this important enough to fight over nearly a month after the post?
    Please stop.
    It's just going to lead to me deleting a bunch of off topic posts.

Thank you.

21. raven65az

raven65az New Member

Jan 10, 2008
    St. Charles, MO
    Club:
    Aberdeen FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    We finally get a team to support, and instead of rejoicing, there is whingeing about the aesthetics of the logo???? That is akin to being given a new Aston Martin DBS and pissing about the shift knob. People, we hae a team! Lets focus on supporting it so we can KEEP it..and the league!