Trump's Presidency IV: Stupefaction Jackson

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Ismitje, May 17, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    I think it's fair to call it a preponderance of circumstantial evidence, and we remain without hard evidence.

Be that as it may, I believe Trump has more to worry about with the obstruction probe, which personally targets him.

Even if Mueller found that his campaign coordinated with Russia, Trump could plausibly claim he had no idea those individuals were working with Russians to target voters.

If Mueller concludes he has enough evidence to indict Pres Trump (he can't because DOJ won't ever indict a sitting president), then Congress has a go/no go decision to make with regards to impeachment

xtomx repped this.
  2. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    Literally nothing. He's better off taking a page from Obama's playbook and not giving these accusations the time of day, and move on with his agenda.

Mueller is going to investigate, and nothing he can say or do will change that, so why bother even responding? Just issue a release saying the white house has no comment on an ongoing investigation and go tall to Mueller if you want more info

sitruc, Boloni86 and Sounders78 repped this.
  3. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Better listen to him, FlSounder. He's pre-law.

Bootsy Collins, Moishe, song219 and 2 others repped this.
  4. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Hey, you could call anything something else, so sure.

Moishe and luftmensch repped this.
  5. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't say what you claim I said, so I'm guilty for not saying what I should have said.

Can you not see how you've moved the goal posts?

Why am I not surprised?

6. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably been answered, but....

That is a very opinionated word to use, and not every investigation is public about the justifications. And not every investigation is political when it comes to a politician.

What you seem to want shown is the proverbial smoking gun, which rarely happens, particularly when there is some sort of conspiracy afoot. But, as many have said, you are also mashing "evidence" with proof. I'll take you back to the rain example I have quite a while ago:

The evidence, when you woke up on the morning, is that the street is wet, the cars are wet, the plants are wet, and even the weather report from last night said it was going to rain. But you are skeptical that is rain because you didn't actually see it rain. The only way you will say it rained is if you saw it rain. Otherwise there is some other explanation for why everything is wet.​

Deadtigers, sitruc, Mr. Pink and 2 others repped this.
  7. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    He's bucking for promotion?

Or maybe he's looking to drop a dime before there's no quarter given...

8. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    His very first movie, wasn't it? He played Chip Diller, the "Thank you sir may I have another" guy...

Deadtigers and Sounders78 repped this.
  9. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

roby, ToMhIlL, The Jitty Slitter and 4 others repped this.
  10. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have family in the medical field and they spout how good Obamacare has been. They admit that regulation were, at the start, a pain the butt, but once over that hurdle, it is not an issue. As for your business, that is weird. I know somebody who works specifically with the health care coverage at a major company here in Milwaukee and the company is covering the employees on their own terms and willing to pay the "Cadillac Tax." (if it ever takes place - another thing that Ryancare is trying to remove).

flowergirl and charlie15 repped this.
  11. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Waiting for you to prove your hypothesis.

And how did your dissertation go?

12. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Maybe he's not allowed to interact directly with female judges or prosecutors?

13. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't know that either, but not that I;m surprised. He's been in about 75% of the movies made since 1975.

song219, Dr. Wankler and Sounders78 repped this.
  14. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He's the prick that gets pranked on...

Sounders78 repped this.
  15. JamieBmore

JamieBmore Member

Apr 26, 2001
    ;)

16. JamieBmore

JamieBmore Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Dems forced it through in the first place. They can suck on it now that its in a death spiral. Buh Bye!

17. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    They didn't force it through, they voted in the law of the land after a year of hearings. You're confusing it with what the Republicans are doing now - a secret hearing to make sure you don't know how your healthcare is being hurt. (Lifetime caps are back! Whoooo!)

flowergirl, charlie15, taosjohn and 5 others repped this.
  18. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Looks like the GOP is ready to forcefeed us the AHCA, without us being allowed to read it. You gonna be OK with that?

19. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    This is why @nicephoras says you are troll and I am incline to agree. Because whatever school you graduated from should be sued for fraud.

Obama was responding to an attack by Trump so he was not the attacker and it is not a false accusations to not have seen an event 3 years into the future occurring. That is basic elementary school stuff. I am taking a break from arguing with this bot because if you are a real person, you must be thicker than pig shit.

charlie15, luftmensch, Cris 09 and 2 others repped this.
  20. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sending it to the committee tomorrow, defense to be scheduled within two weeks.

roby, Moishe, Dr. Wankler and 2 others repped this.
  21. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No goal posts moved. You want comity and collegiality now. You did not ask for it a year ago. Simple as that.

22. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What sort of stand did you take on "What do we want? Dead cops now!"

How about "Hands up...don't shoot!"?

JamieBmore repped this.
  23. JamieBmore

JamieBmore Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Love the mic drop at the end too. Watching Donald Trump dismantle his legacy piece by piece must be agony.

Are we arguing? Only one person here constantly throws out insults and seems like a genuinely angry person. You really need to relax and not get so upset....seriously. It's cool...lets just agree to disagree and not address each other anymore.

24. JamieBmore

JamieBmore Member

Apr 26, 2001
    I would prefer them not to do it that way, no.

25. JamieBmore

JamieBmore Member

Apr 26, 2001
    If you believe someone is innocent, you need something concrete to change your mind. I honestly believe, and would bet a lot of money that Trump was not colluding with the Russians to hack the DNC to influence the election. What happened after the election, I really don't know but before the election, what this is really all about.....Trump supporters are going to need something more then "conversations with Russian officials and oligarchs". I get your "smoking gun" argument, but in reality nothing that has been revealed would come close to changing our minds.