Troussier makes harsh comments about the French

Discussion in 'France' started by SportBoy333, Feb 2, 2005.

1. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    http://skysports.planetfootball.com...le=Troussier+raises+exit+fears&channel=France

I'm not French so maybe someone can explain what he means here by saying that

"I didn't want to come back to France; in my mind, it was out of the question because the way I view my job doesn't match the French state of mind.
    "I can't see [Louis] van Gaal, [Hector] Cuper or [Marcello] Lippi coaching a French club.
    "In the French state of mind, the notion of demand doesn't exist. In France, there is not necessarily an effort culture.
    "I have adapted to Marseille. I left my country 15 years ago and actually I don't feel French any more.
    "So I have adapted to a French 'ethnic group'.
    "To talk to a player, he must feel loved and it is important to have an individual relationship with some players.
    "When I came to Marseille, I knew my management technique was not adapted and I think it is still the case.

shocking comments, yes or no ?

2. gary_rb

gary_rb New Member

Dec 21, 2003
    Rennes
    no.
    french people don't like anyone and not even themselves ;)

3. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    HAHAHAHA....I got a slight chuckle out of that one.

4. Pierre-Henri

Pierre-Henri New Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Strasbourg, France.

agreed. Ask any French, and he will tell you that France is the most miserable country to live in, and that all french people are complete morons (except himself, of course). It's a perfectly normal state of mind for us, don't be surprised.