TriColor U-17 U-23

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Various Styles, Aug 2, 2002.

1. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    That’s not America hatred dude. I don’t know who traumatized you but I don’t see anything wrong with that comment. Just ignore him if it bothers you.

TGO and thedragonrik58 repped this.
  2. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    :rolleyes:

3. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Who even cared about this tournament? I see people on twitter comparing it to missing out on Olympics in 2008 and that’s ridiculous. We just got 2nd in Toulon, this isn’t that big a deal IMO.

4. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Mexico got 2nd in Toulon based on talent. And even then the coach almost blew it by playing the same lineup every game and then tiring them out (Jona Gonzalez missed the final because of a sobrecarga muscular). Then in the final he also screwed the subs.

This might not be the 2008 thing but it's a similsr performance with even the after the fact " I didn't have the players", when it wasn't a problem before it.

5. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    Victim noises.

thedragonrik58 repped this.
  6. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    What I’m saying is I didn’t even know this tournament existed until they played it, and I’m not alone. To my knowledge the first 2 games weren’t even televised. Not hating on Central America but this is clearly not a high profile tournament. A couple of the dudes will probably consistently play at least Copa MX so I’m glad they got an early exit. Rather see them play with their clubs.

7. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    The games weren't televized because of some bullshit that Colombian Tv pulled. The Central American games aren't some unknown shit. Other events are more followed than football but don't like this is the Suwon cup either. People who live in the region know about them.

8. marcelormx

marcelormx Member

Jul 28, 2005
    I understand is a shitty tournement but Mexico should dominate it with it’s eyes closed. The players that went have enough quality to do that.

Salmos repped this.
  9. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    The sky is falling

GrandeSoccer and SixKick repped this.
  10. Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera Member+

None
    Mexico
    Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    There was no football at the 2010 tourney. We won gold at the Olympics.

We won gold at the 2014 tourney. Then we got eliminated in the first round of Rio.

11. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    inconsistency seems to be consistent...yes, there are things that need to be addressed at the sub levels. 1 bad tournament at the pan-american, central-american, whatever-american games doesn't spell Doom for youth soccer in Mexico.

but...

LET THE OVERREACTING CONTINUE!

GrandeSoccer repped this.
  12. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The only thing to complain about is wasting several players for this cup

This isn’t that big of a thing, better to test out others

13. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    We won gold with Luis Fernando Tena, a historic coach in Mexican football.

We lost in the 2016 under Potro Gutierrez, who had won a u17 world cup and got another team to the U17 world cup final.

Now so far we have China Ruiz, who hasn't done anything and Arteaga, who was a total failure at the last U17 world cup and should've been fired not promoted.

With the US improving and the youth (even if people here don't want to believe it), Canada too and the normal tough level from Central America, it's not going to be easy to qualify to the Olympics even more if we're handicapped in the coaching level.

Regulus Tera and Robertinho21 repped this.
  14. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    The US will always have the indirect advantage of having more dudes with double nationalities or who qualify for a euro passport. So naturally more of their young dudes are going to find it easier to find clubs over there. Outside of that I don’t really know how to gauge how the US is doing compared to MX. It seems we’re doing fine IMO.

15. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    On talent we are good and should be better but not overly superior to the poin that coaching won't matter. It's close enough that it will matter. Hell I saw it live in Costa Rica with the U20. Mexico had the more talented squad but not by much. They beat us and deservedly so because Chima totally got outcoached.

16. el mofles

el mofles Member

May 16, 2001
    RC Mongolian BBQ
    Club:
    Birmingham City LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Way late, but this tournament/competition really doesn't matter in my opinion in terms of true measure of team growth. Seemed the big media outlets were trying to get as much juice out of it and fill time more so than actually giving convincing arguments as to why this is such an important competition in terms of measuring team growth. Like it's been pointed out already the Toulon tournament is a better indicator if team is headed in right direction.

17. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Talent wisr maybe, coaching wise no. I think the adversity exposed Chima Ruiz. I think this was a better indicator of his coaching level why he coasted on the talent in Toulon.

18. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    @Special_talent23 be like

[​IMG]

Special_talent23 repped this.
  19. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm going on the record - If the US gives him a call, he will accept it

Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 1.28.38 PM.png

Romario'sgurl repped this.
  20. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Would have to be for an important game. I don't think he'll be too keen on friendly call-ups.

21. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Idk

The roster the US has been using is virtually a U23, including several 18/19 year olds. They could easily sell him an idea, like the one FMF did for Jona Gonzalez.

22. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Except Jona will actually be a part of the MNT. His Toulon performances showed he has a very good future.

23. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No, I agree. But Alvarez has made the statement about possibly switching to the US several times, all the US fed needs to do is pitch him an idea about being the next phenom and getting first team play.

DaTruth repped this.
  24. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    Mexico should close the deal and bring the kid in for good. Enough of him juggling with options between Mexico and the nads.

Overachiever repped this.
  25. sowrong

sowrong Member+

Aug 20, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Its not like mexico can really do anything. Kid is just a kid, he isnt even a starter on the galaxy yet. Earliest he can be cap tied is gold cup next year, and theres no reason so far to believe he deserves a spot.